1. pcwilliams's Avatar
    I was on the 2.1 beta OS for many months and exchange worked w/ no issues. This morning i sent and received emails on my playbook. I then did the update to 2.1.0.1032, and i can longer get my exchange account working. I have power saved the pb and removed the account. Now i can no longer add the account. Is anyone else experiencing this?

    Thanx.
    10-03-12 10:59 AM
  2. itr themes's Avatar
    I did have that problem too. A reboot seems to have fixed it for me so far though.
    10-03-12 11:05 AM
  3. pcwilliams's Avatar
    lucky u! i left my other pb on the beta, and added my exchange account to it. worked perfectly. i will update the OS and see if it acts the same.
    10-03-12 11:20 AM
  4. itr themes's Avatar
    I saw in another post that your accounts will need to re-sync, and some reported that taking up to 15 minutes. Maybe that's what yours needs to do?
    10-03-12 11:24 AM
  5. rotorwrench's Avatar
    Did a reboot and mine is working fine.
    10-03-12 11:54 AM
  6. MPG Vancouver's Avatar
    I had the same problem and when I went into the Email Preferences for the Exchange account, I had to re-accept the security token for the server. Then the account took a few minutes to re-sync and it is now fully functional.
    10-03-12 11:57 AM
  7. pcwilliams's Avatar
    that is probably true if the account is active. i tried this on the 2nd playbook, that i just upgraded. the exchange account is there, but no emails, contacts or calendars are synced, even after more than 15 minutes. looks like this update has either broken something or there is some type of compatibility issue between this update and how our corp exchange server is configured.
    10-03-12 12:00 PM
  8. pcwilliams's Avatar
    i guess i was impatient...after about an hour, my exchange account is now syncing. unfortunately i still cannot add my exchange account on my other pb.
    10-03-12 12:46 PM
  9. pcwilliams's Avatar
    i removed the working exchange account on my second pb...it now behaves like my first pb...i am unable to re-add the account. has anyone been able to add an exchange account?
    10-03-12 01:20 PM
  10. kandres's Avatar
    I am having the same problem will not let me add exchange account.... Help Please....
    10-03-12 02:50 PM
  11. ma678's Avatar
    I had the same issue even if I accepted the certificate. Mails delay.

    I deleted my exchange account and changed to IMAP. Now it works well.
    10-03-12 03:02 PM
  12. kandres's Avatar
    how do you accept the certificate?
    10-03-12 03:12 PM
  13. fire6's Avatar
    Are you having this issue in the native email program or the bridge email? I can't view my exchange email in the bridge email. The native works fine.
    10-03-12 04:06 PM
  14. kandres's Avatar
    native, was there, then froze... i tried to delete and reload but it will not reload now getting error messages with the same setting i had before...
    10-03-12 04:14 PM
  15. canuckvoip's Avatar
    Interesting.
    I was on Exchange (365 hosted) while on PB 2.0, then beta 2.1, and now release 2.1. I have not had an issue on any version of PB OS at all.
    DREXcb likes this.
    10-03-12 05:54 PM
  16. pcwilliams's Avatar
    Interesting.
    I was on Exchange (365 hosted) while on PB 2.0, then beta 2.1, and now release 2.1. I have not had an issue on any version of PB OS at all.
    i did not have any issues with exchange on 2.0 or beta 2.1 either, but i don't think i ever deleted my account. i tried that today thinking that would resolve my issue, but now i am stuck. can anyone confirm that they were able to add their account while on 2.1?
    10-03-12 07:19 PM
  17. chiniki's Avatar
    Mine seems to be working fine. The update actually fixed the constant need to re-enter my password.
    10-03-12 09:06 PM
  18. bullet33912's Avatar
    I am stuck the same as pcwilliams. Does anyone know of a solution to this?
    10-08-12 01:05 PM
  19. pcwilliams's Avatar
    i struggled with this for a few days. i ended up using the debrick method and fell back to beta 2.1.0.560. i was able to re-add my account successfully. then i updated to 2.1.0.1032. however, my exchange account data did not work right away, even tho it showed active. about an hour later, my data finally starting syncing.

    all that said...my exchange account worked for 2 days. all of the sudden today, i have no email data...only calendar and contacts from my exchange account. account still shows active. i had much better luck with 2.1.0.840. if i could find a bar file i would love to get it.
    10-09-12 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD