Only brought it in two days so far since i got it but everyones been asking what it is cause they know its not an ipad when they see me using it in my hands like a PSP. And it catches their eye because it is the size of a daytimer and not the size of a notebook.

I give them a quick demo and show them the cool bezel and how the multi-tasking is amazing and that ipads really isnt true multitaskin. Theyre all just like wow, "so its just as good as the ipad?"..."I love the size!"...."Ipad is too big!"....."ipad 2 isnt much smaller than a 13" laptop!"...."you might as well just bring your laptop if you have an ipad"....."i can sync it with my blackberry wow!"....."how much did that cost?"....."im a blackberry person"....."i can just throw that in my purse"....."and the cameras are better than the ones on ipad? wow"....."im not a big fan of ipad because its too big!"

Everyone and I do mean "everyone" said the ipad is too big for thier liking hence why they didnt get one or the people they know that own one just keep theirs at home because its too big to carry around everywhere.
    Last edited by overweightipod; 04-27-11 at 05:01 PM.
    04-27-11 04:55 PM
    Here's the deal with the PlayBook. It displays GREAT for 5-10 minutes. But, in long term use the flaws really show. Sure, it's "initially impressive" but that's it.

I know four people who have bought PlayBooks including me. All four LOVED their PlayBook the day it was purchased. But, now they complain about it every day. The device is a nice device, but in the long run the software is not strong enough. And, the software is what matters in the long run.
    04-27-11 05:00 PM
    Here's the deal with the PlayBook. It displays GREAT for 5-10 minutes. But, in long term use the flaws really show. Sure, it's "initially impressive" but that's it.

I know four people who have bought PlayBooks including me. All four LOVED their PlayBook the day it was purchased. But, now they complain about it every day. The device is a nice device, but in the long run the software is not strong enough. And, the software is what matters in the long run.
    What do you mean the S/W is not strong enough? proof?
    04-27-11 05:03 PM

Well, gee. Thanks for giving us the "long run, long run". ROFL
    04-27-11 05:04 PM

Keywords being "long run".

The software will come, and it will make this device even better. I know it's frustrating and being patient sucks, but I can already tell it will be worth it.

Hopefully it lives up to your expectations in the future.
    04-27-11 05:06 PM
    What do you mean the S/W is not strong enough? proof?
    It's very well known that the software is lacking in more than a few areas. There's no need to jump down everyone's throat the moment they say something negative about the Playbook.
    04-27-11 05:08 PM
    It's very well known that the software is lacking in more than a few areas. There's no need to jump down everyone's throat the moment they say something negative about the Playbook.
    Sure its lacking in some areas, im not going to deny that, but no more than ios4 is lacking on ipads. Sadly, due to hype and brainwashing, most people and media tend to overlook or just keep quiet on ios4's flaws.
    04-27-11 05:10 PM
    Dont mind Hankster, he's been trolling this forum all week. Just read his recent posts. Every one of them is a negative about the Playbook. Most are pro Apple too.

Try not to feed the trolls, just ignore them.
    Last edited by Blacklac; 04-27-11 at 05:13 PM.
    04-27-11 05:11 PM
    Hey Hankster... how about a picture of you and your new PB. That would be a little more credible then "I know four people..." If you returned it, how about a pic of your return receipt?

Your post smells a bit off...
    Paranoid, much? It's not like he just joined this forum with heavy trolling. All he mentioned is that it's lacking, which, if you read these forums, you'd know to be the truth.
    04-27-11 05:11 PM
    Sure its lacking in some areas, im not going to deny that, but no more than ios4 is lacking on ipads. Sadly, due to hype and brainwashing, most people and media tend to overlook or just keep quiet on ios4's flaws.
    No device is perfect. The iPad is a fine device, and eventually the PlayBook will catch up and hopefully surpass.
    04-27-11 05:14 PM
    Well I love my playbook! even after a week of using it! Today at work our servers were down for 4 hours and I was on mine tethered to my torch and it was awesome. My ipad 2 is arriving on Monday and I look forward to seeing how it too works. The way I see the playbook only getting better in the future with os updates.
    04-27-11 05:14 PM
    Funny. It's after using it for a week that I am more convinced that it is a solid platform. I read reviews which claimed UI inconsistencies and 'wonky' flash, and other issues, but having used it quite a bit I know many are nitpicking or exaggerating or inventing issues. Having gained experience with it I am confident that a proportion of the complaint threads that appear every 15 minutes here are also exaggerations, possible user error or relatively isolated cases (and some are simply happy customers just looking for some help with a particular task/activity).

The base functionality is here, and the software will improve, making it an even better device.

04-27-11 05:42 PM
    well the ipad only records in 720p thats lacking for me and thats not the only thing it doesnt have flash thats lacking for me the front camera i believe is only 1megepixel i think thats lacking for me on and on and on im sure it will get better with updates thats the ipad2 im talking about
    04-27-11 05:51 PM
    i had a crowd of engineers around me today for a demo. Couple Xoom owners, ipad owners. They were all blown away by how nice it is. I was honest about the gaps etc but people love the feel of the ui and the form factor .
    04-27-11 06:09 PM
    my coworkers were blown away too, especially when they saw our website, which is in flash, look totally awesome on it -- my boss was jealous!

(oh, and Hankster? just ignore that little troll)
    04-27-11 06:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD