Every 60 seconds: 103 Blackberry's sold, 81 iPads sold

To be honest i do not know where this guy gets his stats from but if it is true i do not know how RIM is toast ...
    01-20-12 12:37 PM
    Think the real comparison is 925 iPhones sold. Most of the BBs are prolly phones, too, and not PBs. 10:1.
    01-20-12 12:42 PM
    925 iPhone 4s sold...that is one model vs BlackBerry entire portfolio...
    River Boy likes this.
    01-20-12 12:43 PM
    I do not dispute the fact that Apple line of products are selling better than RIM. However 103 BP sold every 60 seconds for company supposedly in big trouble is damn good imo. A lot of Apple sales come from BB owners who jump "ship". I think once RIM comes out with new line of phones this year based on OS10 you will see some if not many going back to RIM.
    01-20-12 12:53 PM
    They are 'doomed' because they are not making ENOUGH profit.

I like my berry products.

But I will never tell someone something is better then the other....unless of course said device is really a paper weight with a hefty price tag.
    01-20-12 01:01 PM
    This math is WAY off reported iphone sales, apple sells more like 125 phones per 60 seconds (based on 16.2 million sold last 3 month quarter)

927 iphones per minute would be 1.33 million per day and 120 million phones per three month quarter, which is overstated by about 104 million.
    Last edited by frankzaman; 01-20-12 at 01:16 PM.
    01-20-12 01:12 PM
    I do not dispute the fact that Apple line of products are selling better than RIM. However 103 BP sold every 60 seconds for company supposedly in big trouble is damn good imo.
    Nokia is in big trouble, and they sell 100 million devices a quarter. It always comes down to profit, which for RIM has been trending downward for 2 years.

A lot of Apple sales come from BB owners who jump "ship". I think once RIM comes out with new line of phones this year based on OS10 you will see some if not many going back to RIM.
    RIM's fall almost perfectly follows the rise of Android, which is taking far more of RIM's customers than Apple is.
    01-20-12 01:16 PM
    This math is WAY off reported iphone sales, apple sells more like 125 phones per 60 seconds (based on 16.2 million sold last 3 month quarter)

927 iphones per minute would be 1.33 million per day and 120 million phones per three month quarter, which is overstated by about 104 million.
    Yeah, seems really high. They might have sold 120MM all year. But 4s has only been out since mid-Oct so maybe it is max uptake in first few days. Those Apple ppl are weird and stand in lines for those things when they first come out.
    01-20-12 01:42 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Every 60 seconds: 103 Blackberry's sold, 81 iPads sold

To be honest i do not know where this guy gets his stats from but if it is true i do not know how RIM is toast ...
    Very misleading cause it's not comparing "playbook vs iPad" sold. It's saying "blackberry vs iPad sold" which is sorta of ridiculous.

For all we know they could group "millions of blackberry phones plus one playbook cause technically they are considered "blackberries" vs one iPad.
    01-20-12 02:18 PM

You're right and wrong. The item specifically states "4S", which is both the fastest selling iPhone there's ever been and not at all a factor in last quarter's numbers. Additionally, the number of iPhones sold last quarter was actually 17.07 million, and estimate for the quarter just ended is north of 30 million. So, while the numbers do seem to be exaggerated, you countered with data that is better, but not by much.
    01-20-12 02:26 PM
    They are 'doomed' because they are not making ENOUGH profit...
    Exactly what is the definition of "enough" profit, anyway?
    01-20-12 02:32 PM
    In the interest of preserving proper use of the English language, kindly note that there is no apostrophe in the plural "BlackBerrys," or in any plural for that matter. (And, yes, the plural of "BlackBerry" is "BlackBerrys," not "BlackBerries.")
    01-20-12 02:38 PM
    01-20-12 02:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD