I find myself not wanting to use my BB phone anymore.. it just feels so dated! Its slow, unresponsive, clunky. But my PlayBook oh man, its just silky smooth and its UI is beautiful, its just making me want the BB10 phones even more.
    01-23-12 08:13 PM
    Heh, glad its not just me. Only thing I use my blackberry for anymore is sms and phone, unless I left my playbook in the other room / at home.
    Spencerdl and raymond like this.
    01-23-12 08:24 PM
    Cant wait for 2.0
    01-23-12 08:31 PM
    +2 , my phone is just that ...."a phone"......oh yea I text on it also
    01-23-12 08:33 PM
    Hopefully RIM will be able to bring BB10 phones to the public before the end of 2012 as they really need them in order to compete.
    Last edited by Lukehluke; 01-23-12 at 08:44 PM.
    01-23-12 08:35 PM
    Hopefully RIM will be able to bring BB10 phones to the public before the end of 2012 as they really need them in order to compete.
    they will launch between september and november this year.
    01-23-12 08:36 PM
    Yeah, same here I find myself not even using my phone. PLUS, um, the predictive text. On the PlayBook is pretty awesome!!
    01-23-12 08:59 PM
    Ya, looking forward to BB10 - still using a curve 8330 with a 5.0 hybrid OS, bridge work, phone spends 35% of time in hourglass, but even so BB/PB combo rocks. Decided to wait for new phones, might even go full-touch!
    01-23-12 09:07 PM
    Ya, looking forward to BB10 - still using a curve 8330 with a 5.0 hybrid OS, bridge work, phone spends 35% of time in hourglass, but even so BB/PB combo rocks. Decided to wait for new phones, might even go full-touch!
    yeah the touch keyboard on pb is quite awesome. I like it way better than the one on bb7 phones.
    01-23-12 09:17 PM
    I don't feel the same as I still use my phone which feels fast
    at all times and I love it.
    I will agreed on the Games dept. I actually deleted all the games
    from my 9810 and will stick to only playing games on my Playbook.
    01-23-12 09:20 PM
    I don't feel the same as I still use my phone which feels fast
    at all times and I love it.
    I will agreed on the Games dept. I actually deleted all the games
    from my 9810 and will stick to only playing games on my Playbook.
    well your 9810 is quite alot faster than my 9800.. but im not going to upgrade to bb7 with bb10 right around the corner.
    01-23-12 09:23 PM
    they will launch between september and november this year.
    Actually the first one will launch somewhere between April and June... But don't tell anyone, its supposed to be a secret
    01-23-12 09:53 PM
    I think the Playbook is the best tablet out there, personally. I grabbed mine with the intention of turning it into an Android tablet, but the native system is so good that I'm finding myself spending more and more time just examining it. The small, intricate details that they have put into this thing is amazing.

I've never really used the phones before, but I can see how the Canadian company has drawn the conclusion that tablets are the way forward.
    01-23-12 10:15 PM
    I think the Playbook is the best tablet out there, personally. I grabbed mine with the intention of turning it into an Android tablet, but the native system is so good that I'm finding myself spending more and more time just examining it. The small, intricate details that they have put into this thing is amazing.

I've never really used the phones before, but I can see how the Canadian company has drawn the conclusion that tablets are the way forward.
    Yeah really hope they continue pushing this device, though i havent seen any tv commercials in quite some time for it.. you'd think that would go hand in hand with a massive price drop. Must be more of Balsillies' awesome marketing work.
    01-23-12 10:18 PM
    Agreed wholeheartedly with the OP as I post this from my PlayBook with a PC, laptop, iPad2, Kindle Fire, and BlackBerry phone all within close proximity.
    01-23-12 10:26 PM
    Yeah really hope they continue pushing this device, though i havent seen any tv commercials in quite some time for it.. you'd think that would go hand in hand with a massive price drop. Must be more of Balsillies' awesome marketing work.
    I've never seen television commercials for the Playbook. I'll...YouTube those, to get an idea of what they must have been like.

Anyway. My opinion is that they are going to continue to push for the Playbook, because the new CEO is a guy that seems to "get" the Playbook even though he's not really seen as a "phone guy" by the public. I mean, look at the Engadget editorial on the guy.

The thing that really bites is that when it comes to advertising the Playbook that RIM gets no free passes. RIM doesn't have "partners" who will go out there and do the dirty work for them - like Verizon did for the original Motorola Droid, or AT&T did for the iPhone.
    01-23-12 11:15 PM
    ... I haven't recharged my iPad.

The iPad is still great when at home, but the Playbook is just so much easier to carry around. And I'm totally getting spoiled by QNX-- I keep trying to use gestures on the iPad and D'oh! Dang button...
    01-23-12 11:22 PM
    ... I haven't recharged my iPad.

The iPad is still great when at home, but the Playbook is just so much easier to carry around. And I'm totally getting spoiled by QNX-- I keep trying to use gestures on the iPad and D'oh! Dang button...
    yep, its definitely more intuitive than an ipad for sure.
    01-23-12 11:27 PM
    Sometimes I find myself swiping down from the top of my Torch's screen,forgetting for a minute that only my PlayBook has those magical bezel gestures.
    01-24-12 02:28 AM
    Sometimes I find myself swiping down from the top of my Torch's screen,forgetting for a minute that only my PlayBook has those magical bezel gestures.
    soon every blackberry device will have those magical features
    01-24-12 02:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD