Sure, it would be nice to have BB10, but I really do not miss any functionality without it. Maybe my needs are very minimal.
    1) Video chat with my son on a daily basis. He is 400 miles away !!!! ( the reason why I bought it)
    2) Answer all my emails.
    3) I check on my 3 web sites.
    4) internet access

The tablet is well built and feels right....I will continue to use the playbook as long as my needs are met...

I think that I am in the minority when I say "well done Blackberry "

Ron
    8820man, ots1960, djmm2 and 5 others like this.
    07-05-13 04:18 PM
    I like the tablet, but tech becomes irrelevant so quickly, it's been too long without any sort of significant update.
    07-05-13 04:20 PM
    I am fortunate in that, I am not in need of any updates to do what I want to do...Still works well for me......
    djmm2 likes this.
    07-05-13 04:25 PM
    Yes, we are in the minority.

I think I wanted BB10. Without knowing what that is I can't say for sure. I still use it daily.
    07-05-13 04:26 PM

Ron
    Yes, I'm sure you are in the minority in actually congratulating BB for getting us to this point.

When nearly every other thread is about Thor's reneging on the "BB10 on PB" promise, and the rest are "give us back the un-crippled Bridge" appeals, "give us a better browser before you abandon us" appeals, or useful tips involving pasty and brandy, simple posting arithmetic seems to confirm your minority status.
    07-05-13 04:32 PM
    I agree, the Playbook meets my needs. If we were to be given anything additional, all I would like to see is the ability of the EMail app to store more than 30 days of messages, and the addition of a native BBM app. Having BBM Video would be heavenly.
    07-05-13 04:40 PM
    Yes, I'm sure you are in the minority in actually congratulating BB for getting us to this point.

When nearly every other thread is about Thor's reneging on the "BB10 on PB" promise, and the rest are "give us back the un-crippled Bridge" appeals, "give us a better browser before you abandon us" appeals, or useful tips involving pasty and brandy, simple posting arithmetic seems to confirm your minority status.
    I still wouldn't pay thor in bent washers for the job he's done as CEO but as far as the pb goes it still works fine for me. I worked around thor screwing up bridge on bb10 by getting a 9900 so it's no big deal now although I still don't understand the logic behind the decision to disable it. Think about how often you change your car and that never gets updated by the manufacturer does it?

IF IT AINT BROKE, DONT FIX IT!
    Uncle Remus likes this.
    07-05-13 04:42 PM
    I am sure that there are a lot of PB users who do feel let down by Blackberry and rightfully so , ....My intent, was not to "Praise' Blackberry or to offend anyone...

PB just meets my simple needs very well...If I was a "Power" User I would not feel this way for sure.. So I can understand the disappointment that a lot of users are expressing..
    sad_old_man and JeepBB like this.
    07-05-13 04:51 PM
    I like the tablet, but tech becomes irrelevant so quickly, it's been too long without any sort of significant update.
    Don't completely agree. A device is not obsolete if it still meets your needs.

Even so, PBOS absolutely needs some updates. The Adobe Air runtime should be brought up to date (which would improve a lot of things from the get-go). I think it's possible to implement stuff like USB To Go and WiFi Direct on the PlayBook, too. I would dearly love to see the Z10 browser implemented on the PB, too. And, not completely out of the question to see BB10's Jelly Bean Android update implemented here.

I think the chances are good that we'll see at least some of these.
    07-05-13 04:56 PM
    I am sure that there are a lot of PB users who do feel let down by Blackberry and rightfully so , ....My intent, was not to "Praise' Blackberry or to offend anyone...

PB just meets my simple needs very well...If I was a "Power" User I would not feel this way for sure.. So I can understand the disappointment that a lot of users are expressing..
    It works for you and I both. I have never purchased anything yet on the basis of what it might do in the future. I buy something for what it can do for me now and the pb does it. Therefore you are not in a minority by still enjoying your pb, but WE are in a minority for having the courage to say so.
    KittyBomb, bigjman, dmlis and 3 others like this.
    07-05-13 05:00 PM
    I use my pb daily, in fact i keep buying more to connect to all my TVs in my house! Meets my needs, use it as a media device and also for emails and fb twitter, but i wish bridge worked with bb10, that's the only gripe i have with it at this point.

Posted via CB10
    djmm2 and sad_old_man like this.
    07-05-13 05:01 PM
    It works for you and I both. I have never purchased anything yet on the basis of what it might do in the future. I buy something for what it can do for me now and the pb does it. Therefore you are not in a minority by still enjoying your pb, but WE are in a minority for having the courage to say so.
    That was a nice read !!
    sad_old_man likes this.
    07-05-13 05:02 PM
    I am very disappointed about the ending of the Playbook. I tried a number of other tablets. I have a Playbook 4G. I use it a lot for my mobile daily tasks.

I tried looking for other 4G or even 3G technology tablets. There are very few. For the few that I did find they lacked the computing power and some of the very useful options that are on the 4G Plabybook. The other thing I worry about with the Android tablets is the security. The Playbook 4G is a very secure tablet for doing business and financial management.

If something happens to my 4G Playbook, it appears I will sorrily have to go to something else of lesser quality. The 7 inch size is perfect for me because it fits in to my jacket pocket and I can hold it comfortably. It is not bulky and heavy.
    djmm2 likes this.
    07-05-13 05:03 PM
    Sure, it would be nice to have BB10, but I really do not miss any functionality without it. Maybe my needs are very minimal.
    1) Video chat with my son on a daily basis. He is 400 miles away !!!! ( the reason why I bought it)
    2) Answer all my emails.
    3) I check on my 3 web sites.
    4) internet access

The tablet is well built and feels right....I will continue to use the playbook as long as my needs are met...

Ron
    I'm with you....I will continue to use my playbook daily during school.....for me, it is the honesty issue. You don't keep customers by saying something WILL happen, and then three months later, tell them it WON'T happen
    Motherboard2010 likes this.
    07-05-13 05:22 PM
    I still love my PlayBook! Suits me to a tee. I love the hub. The media player is grand, movies to go, hdmi, music player is state of the art. I also want the original bridge back but I can live without it. I use this little beast EVERY DAY. I hope it never wears out.
    Motherboard2010 likes this.
    07-05-13 06:03 PM
    I would normally chime in with you guys that the Playbook in its current form is very useful, in fact Ive been using it every day since I got it. However as luck would have it, yesterday mine started acting up and after a security wipe and all of that, it wont connect to wifi anymore. Bummer, Im not going to buy another one, I guess Im a Playbook enthusiast has-been.
    Edit:
    Well whaddaya-no, it's fine now. I don't know what I did, but it's better than ever. I'm back in the game.
    Last edited by npunk42; 07-09-13 at 07:45 PM.
    07-05-13 06:25 PM
    I would normally chime in with you guys that the Playbook in its current form is very useful, in fact Ive been using it every day since I got it. However as luck would have it, yesterday mine started acting up and after a security wipe and all of that, it wont connect to wifi anymore. Bummer, Im not going to buy another one, I guess Im a Playbook enthusiast has-been.
    I would probably do the same thing... If and when my PB peters out, I will see if I can find another for a fair price...If I can't find one, I will move on too !!
    rockinbilly likes this.
    07-05-13 06:32 PM
    I never bought it for bb10. It plays my mp4 movies i can browse internet and thats all i need. Portable device to watch movies on. And for $60 like brand new, i couldnt pass. Bridge was awesome until i lost my 9900
    07-05-13 06:39 PM
    yesterday mine started acting up and after a security wipe and all of that, it wont connect to wifi anymore.
    Try the debrick?
    07-05-13 06:53 PM
    I think blackberry should give us a new update to get some of the bugs out of the play book. I don't really care about getting BB10 as much as I want it to run smoother.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 06:54 PM
    another playbook lover here that said I will gladly accept an update to make it run better and add some more value to this great taberlet
    07-05-13 07:12 PM

The Adobe Air runtime should be brought up to date (which would improve a lot of things from the get-go). I think it's possible to implement stuff like USB To Go and WiFi Direct on the PlayBook, too.
    THIS! (and I would be as happy as a witch in a broom factory.)
    07-05-13 09:57 PM
    Speak for yerself OP, I'm sad because the PlayBook could have showcased new UI styles and a more efficient mobile OS in the form of QNX. In the end, it became a showcase of BlackBerry's total incompetence.

My freaking Nokia Symbian phone handles email better than my PlayBook! IMAP folders are synced properly and I don't have a ridiculous 30-day limit, all from a device that came out half a year before the PB... which didn't even have native email at launch, mind you. Nokia isn't even known as an enterprise-focused company while BlackBerry made its reputation in that sector.

Ballsy, that Lizard, and Thor-hor-hor, just shoot them all.
    07-05-13 10:16 PM
    I still enjoy using both of my PlayBooks. And since I have 2, I've decided to keep my 64GB on 2.1 for the time being. It has enough space to hold all the games I've bought for it and with plenty to spare. I've only really played one of them all the way through so I figure I have plenty of entertainment value there to get out of the device. It still plays Amazon Prime videos on my TV beautifully, as well as YouTube and then there's KalemSoft Media Player. I can use Apollo to listen to my Pandora stations, and I can use Neutron as an all purpose internet radio player. So despite a few annoyances, it is meeting my needs.

But my first, the 16GB PlayBook, now runs the earlier build of BB10 everyone was excited about a few weeks back. I can't do anything about it's glitches, but I can write my own apps for it to add functionality to the device. Took very little time to write an extremely basic internet radio app for it... It may not be official, But I still get to play with Cascades and the BB10 web broswer on the tablet. That's what I wanted BB10 on PlayBook for, NOT the UI.

07-06-13 02:50 AM
    As the man said, do a debrick. I have found the pb hardware to be about the most robust device on the market. Unless there are bits physically hanging off it doing a debrick will take it back to normal. The security wipe is not always successful in solving all issues.
    FF22 likes this.
    07-06-13 06:15 AM
39 12