Hi again!

So, I am a massive clutz and somehow (I have no idea how) things tend I slip right out of my hands and fall to the floor.

So I need a case. But I need one similar to my iPhone case which has a hard plastic screen cover. Thing is that I can't spend bux on it. I have a gear4 case for my iPhone and would like something similar. Something that won't add as much size as a proper tough case like an otterbox. Is there anything out there like this?
    11-11-12 03:17 PM
    There are a variety of flip type cases where the screen would be covered by the closed flap. I have the one below and also an Otterbox.

Amazon.com: Luxury Convertible Leather Flip Case For Blackberry PlayBook - Black-Free HandHelditems Sketch Universal Stylus Pen: Computers & Accessories
    11-11-12 03:43 PM
    I agree with F2. Convertible cases work well.

http://www.amazon.com/Research-Conve...bUvbUpU7724084
    11-11-12 03:59 PM
    +1 for convertible cases and there are different types from the affordable to the expensive. I've tried from both ends and stayed with a vajacase from vajacases.com, costs more than the PlayBook itself these days however, the quality is outstanding and so is the protection for such high quality leather, it looks and feels soft and delicate but doesn't scuff easily and the case frame is hard. Most importantly its so slim and the entire screen is exposed
    11-11-12 04:16 PM
    Convertible case saved mine when I dropped it on wood laminate.
    11-11-12 04:20 PM
    hi guys, first time poster here!

I'm using an Otterbox for my PB and it's great. It adds a bit of weight and bulk to my PB but it's not as bad as it sounds because it fully encloses my PB and keeps it safe (I'm a bit accident-prone sometimes so it's better to be safe than sorry). I also find the Otterbox Defender case more comfortable to hold than the slimmer PB cases.

Otterboxes can be quite expensive at retailers but you can find them on ebay for about $30, brand new.
    11-11-12 04:58 PM
    I've got one very similar to this one since I've had my PB. In fact I think it is this one. Won't leave home without it.

Amazon.com: eForCity Leather Case w/ Stand for Blackberry Playbook, Black: Computers & Accessories
    11-11-12 05:25 PM
    Amazon.com: Research in Motion Leather Convertible Case for BlackBerry Playbook (ACC-40279-301): Electronics

OEM Convertible case for me. great protection and holds the PB in a way where it can be easily used.
    11-11-12 05:33 PM
    There are so many different cases,i like my BP out of case but at work the otterbox defender case works great.
    11-11-12 06:56 PM
    11-11-12 07:31 PM
    The mini keyboard case protects it very well. It adds a bit of bulk but you also get the keyboard which is really nice.
    11-11-12 07:58 PM
    ^^^^^

+1 for the Blurex case...I've dropped mine on the cement garage floor once or twice, and on the hardwood floors several times. No noticeable damage at all. PLUS, all ports are accessible with the case on.
    11-11-12 08:17 PM
    I have tried a bunch and nothing is as good IMHO as the iCon Carbon Click Book Case

REVIEW

BUY

Only problem is it seems they are only available in Canada from BestBuy or Futureshop. I have seen them pop up on Ebay from time to time.
    11-11-12 08:35 PM
    same as my case. ebay 5 bucks, and even when in viewing mode, when the flap is flipped there is about 3/4 inch between the base of the pb and the ground enough to hooked up the charger.
    I've got one very similar to this one since I've had my PB. In fact I think it is this one. Won't leave home without it.

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_AA300_.jpg

Amazon.com: eForCity Leather Case w/ Stand for Blackberry Playbook, Black: Computers & Accessories
    11-11-12 09:34 PM
    I use leather Bookcase with built in stand and the model that allows insertion of mini-keyboard - just luv'it.
    great protection and stylish but does have certain weight tht is bit more bulkier so some ladies may not like the weight in purses or hand bags.
    As a guy, just right for me....
    11-12-12 08:08 AM
    link

I have the OEM convertible case and it works well - but I also have this one from ebay and it is nice because you can use the stand in either orientation and you can also flip in upside down and use the stand and have the charger plugged in (at the top). There are reports that the swivel thing leaves a mark on the back of he playbook so I just put some black masking tape (painter's tape actually) over the hole on the inside of the case to cover it up (put tape both ways so that there is no stickyness exposed) and it works and looks great. Has survived a few drops (thanks kids) from 3+ feet onto hardwood, asphault, carpet, tile so it protects well and still looks as good as new. For less than $12 (when I bought it) it is great. All ports remain open and accessible when in the case and does not infringe upon the bezel at all.
    Even though my playbook hasn't been delivered yet.. Cases!!-case.jpg
    11-12-12 12:13 PM
    I have the Blurex Slim Leather Portfolio Case With 2 Tier Stand for Blackberry Playbook, got it from amazon for $15. Very sturdy throughout, I am very happy with it.
    11-12-12 12:38 PM
    link

I have the OEM convertible case and it works well - but I also have this one from ebay and it is nice because you can use the stand in either orientation and you can also flip in upside down and use the stand and have the charger plugged in (at the top). There are reports that the swivel thing leaves a mark on the back of he playbook so I just put some black masking tape (painter's tape actually) over the hole on the inside of the case to cover it up (put tape both ways so that there is no stickyness exposed) and it works and looks great. Has survived a few drops (thanks kids) from 3+ feet onto hardwood, asphault, carpet, tile so it protects well and still looks as good as new. For less than $12 (when I bought it) it is great. All ports remain open and accessible when in the case and does not infringe upon the bezel at all.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	case.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	105.4 KB 
ID:	125376
    Looks very interesting, that - especially like the idea of rotating it completely upside down for ease of charging (I have one of those 90 degree micro USB adapters so the cable needn't just have to stick up in the air).

Could you use something on the inside of the case, rather than tape on the PlayBook so the rotating thingmy doesn't mark it? Maybe a small, thin piece of cloth or something?
    11-12-12 12:44 PM
    I like my ballistic hardcore case ; )
    11-12-12 01:58 PM
    Looks very interesting, that - especially like the idea of rotating it completely upside down for ease of charging (I have one of those 90 degree micro USB adapters so the cable needn't just have to stick up in the air).

Could you use something on the inside of the case, rather than tape on the PlayBook so the rotating thingmy doesn't mark it? Maybe a small, thin piece of cloth or something?
    Just as feedback to this I bought one of these cases, and very pleased with it. Paying heed to the comments about the rotating circular part of the case potentially marking the back of the PlayBook I put a microfiber cloth inbetween - I seem to get with whenever I buy any screen protectors. The one that comes with the PlayBook does fit, but obscures the camera aperture, so I just dug out one that came with a screen protector and it's a perfect fit, and doesn't obscure the camera aperture.

When using the stand it's more stable than the case shown higher up in this thread (I started off with one of those), but because of the swivelling / rotating thing, I'd rather hold the PlayBook in the earlier mentioned case when just holding it in my hands to use.

In a slightly related point, my parents have recently bought a PlayBook and the official folio type case - which looks nice and well made and all (reminds me a bit of the official Kindle cases) but actually I'd prefer the one above - looks just as nicely made maybe even better, and the official one doesn't have a stand, and the elasticated strap doesn't look as substantial as on the above case.
    12-02-12 12:57 PM