I am getting ready to travel to Italy from NYC and just realized that my 110 volt charger plug will not fit into the euro socket. Well that problem is easy enough to solve by getting a plug adaptor, but will my 110 volt charger work off a European 220 volt supply?
    05-24-12 01:00 AM
    Yes it will work, Cell phone chargers work around the globe now
    05-24-12 01:14 AM
    I am getting ready to travel to Italy from NYC and just realized that my 110 volt charger plug will not fit into the euro socket. Well that problem is easy enough to solve by getting a plug adaptor, but will my 110 volt charger work off a European 220 volt supply?
    Mine works fine with an adapter. You should be able to read the voltage range in really fine print on the plug (hard if > 45 ) .
    05-24-12 02:02 AM
    Well, as noted, it will work and that's because it is NOT a 110volt charger but a DUAL (or sliding scale?) voltage charger. Just change the shape of the plug.
    05-24-12 07:56 AM
    thanks everyone for your responses!

I took your advice but instead of buying a plug adapter I made my own concoction with a twist....I soldered together an old coiled cord with a European plug and a north American triplet. Now I can recharge my PB, the BB and the Garmin, all at the same time w/o going crazy for lack of socket space.

BTW, since I had my soldering iron hot, I decided to test my other concoction - a $3 Radio Shack derived plastic battery case (for 4XAA) connected to a micro-USB plug that I cut off one of my numerous extra cables.

Then, I inserted 4 fresh AA alkaline batteries, plugged the pack into my PB and ...voila..saw my Battery Guru clearly indicating that the emergency juice was flowing even when the battery was at 97-98%. In fact it seemed that the PB was recharging a bit faster than when using a USB wall charger...I recon this compact solution adds easily 2-3 hours to the fully charged battery... I will test more thoroughly once I am in Italy, and will report it here.

Bellissimo
    Last edited by rational_mind; 05-24-12 at 12:03 PM.
    05-24-12 12:00 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD