First hulu.com now ESPN?? I'm trying to watch videos on the NBA section of ESPN and I keep getting an error message "video playback is not supported for your device"

Well this sucks. I wonder how many other sites are blocking flash video on the playbook??

Does anyone know a way around this?? I've tried simple browser and that doesn't work...
    03-25-12 12:36 PM
    I just went to ESPN to verify and found that all the videos are working properly. Try a reboot.
    03-25-12 12:40 PM
    I just went there and watched two videos with the BlackBerry browser without a problem. The videos were not that big but they did play fine.

James
    03-25-12 12:42 PM
    Same for me on the espn tablet version. The videos play fine on the desktop version. A few days ago, the videos played fine on the tablet version.
    03-25-12 12:43 PM
    Crisis averted. That scared me.
    03-25-12 12:55 PM
    Works for me too. Make sure you have Flash and Javascript enabled.
    03-25-12 01:05 PM
    The OP is correct. There are certain espn videos on the play book or even android browsers that will not play back and give the error messages the OP mentioned.

At issue is licensing agreements espn or other websites have with the play book of desktop/laptop videos vs tablets/mobile devices.

It's very complex to explain these licensing deals.

So some videos on the desktop version of tablets including the playbook on flash will get error messages saying its not authorized for playback. Espn has MLB/nba etc licensing deals separately for mobile and desktop/laptop devices for video playback.
    03-25-12 01:08 PM
    yeah im in the NBA section of ESPN trying to watch some videos and it wont work... even after a reboot...
    03-25-12 01:41 PM
    The OP is correct. There are certain espn videos on the play book or even android browsers that will not play back and give the error messages the OP mentioned.

At issue is licensing agreements espn or other websites have with the play book of desktop/laptop videos vs tablets/mobile devices.

It's very complex to explain these licensing deals.

So some videos on the desktop version of tablets including the playbook on flash will get error messages saying its not authorized for playback. Espn has MLB/nba etc licensing deals separately for mobile and desktop/laptop devices for video playback.
    And in that case, the "blame" needs to be directed at the license holder not the licensee (ie at the NBA not at ESPN).
    03-25-12 01:55 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD