I have been trying to buy the Vine app for BlackBerry PlayBook from App World for several days, but I always get an error message saying:
    "Error - This item is currently being updated. It will be available again in the next 24 hrs. (Error Id: 3300)"
    Can anyone help me out?
    09-03-13 04:24 PM
    I have been trying to buy the Vine app for BlackBerry PlayBook from App World for several days, but I always get an error message saying:
    "Error - This item is currently being updated. It will be available again in the next 24 hrs. (Error Id: 3300)"
    Can anyone help me out?
    You can try REFRESH in appworld. Open it and press Refresh near the upper left. Or go to my world and press REFRESH.

Is your payment method up to date?
    09-03-13 05:15 PM
    Can anyone help me out?
    What's the name of the app? Vine Videos or My Vine?
    09-03-13 05:19 PM
    The app is My Vine. I'll check on the refresh, etc. and get back to you.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using CB Forums mobile app
    09-03-13 06:16 PM
    I have done the refresh as suggested and have checked on my payment method, but still have the same problem. I've also tried emailing the developer, but there is some problem with his address because I keep getting Mailer Demons. Any other suggestions?

09-03-13 06:43 PM
    I have done the refresh as suggested and have checked on my payment method, but still have the same problem. I've also tried emailing the developer, but there is some problem with his address because I keep getting Mailer Demons. Any other suggestions?

I try on my playbook. Short of putting my password actually purchasing the app, I did not encounter any problem at all.
    09-03-13 06:47 PM
    Thanks Bambino. Its clearly my PlayBook's problem then. I'll bet it has something to do with my having put it in the Developer mode. I was going to sideload some apps, but changed my mind. I took it out of that mode, but it has been acting funny since. It always wants a password. Maybe I can do some kind of reset.
    Thank you all.

bambinoitaliano likes this.
    09-03-13 07:24 PM
    I've had real weird error codes for app purchases before on PB. It seems paypal expires a token or something.

Sounds dumb but switch to a direct CC if you can. Might fix it.

Posted via CB from my LE
    09-03-13 08:35 PM
    Thanks Ed. I'm going to try a Credit Card like you said because I have been using PayPal. Also, what I said in my last post was wrong. I don't get this error message until after I submit my password for payment. So Bambino wouldn't have seen it unless she actually did try to buy the app. I'll let you know whether the CC approach works.
    09-03-13 08:59 PM
    I did what Ed suggested and used a credit card instead of PayPal, but I'm still getting the same error message. Anyone else have a suggestion? I really want that app.

09-03-13 11:04 PM
    Try logging in to your bbid using the web access. Reenter or reverify your info.

Here's something old I just captured that you might try:

"Go to My World in Blackberry App World, press your menu key and then re-log in to Pay Pal. Error code 3300 is set to prevent you from re-purchasing applications. Once you log in this way, it will pull up any apps you have ever installed/paid for and you can get them back. Same thing happened to me when I upgraded my Storm to Storm2 and wanted my applications back!"
    KermEd likes this.
    09-03-13 11:29 PM
    Thanks F2. I did what you said, but it hasn't solved the problem. I think that I have determined that the problem is with the My Vine app. I bought another app for $0.99 and had no trouble. I just can't buy the My Vine app. And I can't contact the developer. Thank you all for your time.

09-04-13 05:05 PM
    Thanks F2. I did what you said, but it hasn't solved the problem. I think that I have determined that the problem is with the My Vine app. I bought another app for $0.99 and had no trouble. I just can't buy the My Vine app. And I can't contact the developer. Thank you all for your time.

Bingo!! That did cross my mind.
    StLouisMan2 likes this.
    09-04-13 05:33 PM