Hi guys just wonder if you also encounter this error while making in-app purchases for Radiant Defense game. So what I did was contacted the Hexage support about this problem. The support lady informed me that unfortunately there is not much that they can do as the in-app purchasing is fully operated by RIM. Though they are very generous since they provided me a free promo code that can unlock a pack!

After that I also informed RIM's help desk but also informed me that they are unable to comment on/support 3rd party applications and advised me again to contact the vendor again for support. So I contacted to Hexage support again and informed me that they talked to RIM about this error and RIM told them they are working on a fix but they do not have an ETA for it to be available.

So who's really responsible to fix this problem? If RIM is always going to finger point third party developers maybe thats one of the reasons why some developers are having second thoughts of bringing their apps in appworld.
    06-25-12 10:50 PM
    It's an equal share of "blame" really until there is a root cause determined.

If that root cause is RIM's in-app purchasing payment API then it becomes RIM's problem to fix it.

If it's determined to be a Hexage issue, the the onus is on Hexage.

As for it being an issue for developers, well.. it's an issue for every platform out there. No one likes to accept blame, happens all the time. Most cases, the bugs get squashed by one or the other side of the party with no one admitting who's fault it was, lol.

There is some further discussion to be found on the RIM forums which, actually has their developers on the issue:
    http://supportforums.blackberry.com/...highlight/true
    06-26-12 12:23 AM
    I can confirm that it is not just a Hexage issue, I have never been able to make an in-app purchases on my PB. It sucks because I love Radiant Defence.
    Error 30242 appears to be a complete mystery to everyone I have talked to.
    06-26-12 12:43 AM
    I think this one is for RIM to fix coz its in-app purchasing payment API... if i am the developer it will be a concern for me for how could i earn money if people who downloaded my game cannot buy the additional package?
    06-26-12 02:24 AM
    I just got this reply in the betazone yesterday :

Hello,

A new post has been added to the "Error 30242 when trying to make in-app purchases" message thread.

You're not alone robtanz, I know this error is affecting enough people for this to be in the sights of the mighty Mr Alec Saunders.

It is a known issue with in-app purchasing, very technical and boring reasons are to do with java api's and developer coding but in essence, its a problem RIM are aware of and are looking into with the app developers.

Please hang in there and keep trying!

What app is it you are trying to make in-app purchases for out of interest?

A.
    06-26-12 04:34 AM
    I get it in Stick Tennis.. how do we fix this??? Devs are loosing money.. Its been months since this post and I still have issues... anyone else???
    11-02-12 10:12 PM
    11-03-12 01:40 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD