How many others are experiencing this or other app world authorization error problems?

This problem has been going on for a long time. It does not seem to getting anywhere near being corrected. For me, bottom line, is I have $600+ into this unit purchased last November with the extended warranty. I have told both the place of purchase and RIM that I would like the unit replaced my money refunded and have gotten nowhere. I have used two separate credit cards - no luck. At the suggestion of rim/Blackberry Playbook support I opened a PayPal account simply to facilitate making purchases at app world an it did work for less than two weeks then the error 10000 returned with PayPal purchases.

Support has good professional people but the seem to have an unfixable problem to deal with. The problem is not support.

I wondering if this of us in this position are simply being written off.

I'll be buying an ipad3 shortly if this is not fixed and writing off the money spent on PlayBook. This is too bad as actually other than the error 10000 I really like PlayBook.
    Who else is experiencing these problems?
    03-10-12 01:04 PM
    Uninstalled app world an reinstall and see if it fixes the problem
    03-10-12 01:09 PM
    Not having this problem myself, but I did a bit of googling for you.
    KB24454-"There is a problem with your credit card authorization. Please try again or visit blackberry.com/appworld/support for more information. (Error ID: 10000)" appears when an attempt is made to purchase an application in BlackBerry App World - have you contacted your credit card providers and/or Paypal to see if (online) purchases are blocked for some reason? Also found these:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...r-help-651543/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...e-apps-677478/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...-world-621965/

And I believe I saw another similar post earlier today where the OP ended up contacting paypal and it turned out there was something wrong on that end. I hope you'll find a solution soon
    Hgouck likes this.
    03-10-12 01:27 PM
    Uninstalled app world an reinstall and see if it fixes the problem
    And how does one do that again? App World is a core app.

OP, try changing to PayPal (or to Credit Card) and see if it solves the issue.
    03-10-12 01:40 PM
    I have used a couple of cards with no luck, then the newly created PayPal that worked with app world for less than two weeks before the error 10000 surfaced there too. I have discussed this with my credit card company and the problem is not there. Actually, as both PayPal and my credit card company are two separate entities, both now being rejected, the only common element is RIM/Blackberry who admit they have a problem but also claim a problem with the outfit who. Handles the transactions.

My take on this is simple....I don't give a rats @ss what Rim's internal problems are. I bought this product in good faith based on Rim's advertising and this product (referring to my playbook) is not doing what it should. I fully understand that anything can fail, all I ask is that it be fixed or replaced as per warranty in a timely manner.
    Last edited by dbw1; 03-10-12 at 03:35 PM.
    03-10-12 03:32 PM
    Well, then go contact RIM and ask for a replacement. I tell you beforehand thou, they will reffer you to all same possible solutions we did before considering it.

Keep recordof what you tried and results so you can save some time.
    03-10-12 03:36 PM
    I have never had a problem with Paypal on my PB so can't help you there. On the other hand, I have never tried to set up an alternative method of payment.

Wish I could be of more help. Did support tell you what that error number meant?
    Last edited by hpjrt; 03-10-12 at 05:46 PM.
    03-10-12 03:54 PM
    I'm having issues with App World authorisation today too. Mine is error 4003 though. Purchased many apps in the past without issue... Strange. What country are you in?
    03-10-12 04:42 PM
    Canada. Be interesting to know where else this problem is happening. The playbook is such a good unit I am surprised that this problem is still with us.
    03-10-12 06:35 PM
    Bump...........
    03-11-12 04:09 PM
    Have you tried going to appworld on your phone or computer, sign in, choose 'pmt options', verify your account information. My login info was wrong for paypal and credit card info was not correct. once i changed it and logged back in I was able to buy apps in appworld using paypal and credit card.
    03-11-12 04:32 PM
    Just putting it out there that with a middle initial just put that in the same field as the first name so John A. Doe would be "John A" and "Doe"
    03-11-12 04:49 PM
    Have you tried going to appworld on your phone or computer, sign in, choose 'pmt options', verify your account information. My login info was wrong for paypal and credit card info was not correct. once i changed it and logged back in I was able to buy apps in appworld using paypal and credit card.
    Just tried this. All information was correct but I applied it all again anyway. Still no effect I feel like I'm going to have to wipe my PB to fix this
    03-11-12 05:32 PM
    i get this all the time and cant buy nothing for tablet or phone anymore
    04-17-12 04:49 PM
    Has anyone been able to resolve this issue. I,ve tried all of the posted fixes with no effect. I have an open problem ticket with RIM, with no luck after 3 hours on the phone.

I,ve bought dozens of apps from appworld, now I can,t.

I love my playbook, but if I cant buy apps, I,ll have to go to another platform.
    11-28-12 05:51 PM
    Do search in crackberry for error 10000. This has been going on since 1Q/2011.

Very, very frustrating. All my cards and paypal are in good order.
    11-28-12 06:51 PM
    Having same problem...error id:10000.
    tried everything, from battery pull, OS reinstall and update, credit card change, ...no use.
    05-18-13 01:15 PM
    I ditched the playbook last year. Absolutely no support to correct the problem and it's still not fixed looking at the posts here. Replaced it with an IPad. Should have bought it originally. With extended warranty I'm out a good chunk of change.
    05-18-13 07:44 PM
    How do you actually uninstall WorldApp??????
    06-04-13 06:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD