How did you get it to work in airplane mode? when i put my PB in airplane mode and then try to open the browser i get an error.
    11-12-11 08:43 PM
    After several days of not working, Kobo is now working fine. Downloaded all my books again, but all is well. Only thing I had done at all different was to log onto Kobo on my PC earlier in the day.
    11-12-11 10:44 PM
    Well, I use the eBook Reader and love it.. I have mostly Nook Books with a few Kindle Books. But I got a great program the will remove the DRM from the Nook Books and then they work just fine in the eBook Reader. You can also get the DRM removal program for Kindle also. Then you load the book to you PB and link to it from the eBook Reader ap. Works great!
    eBook DRM removal - Remove epub DRM - Kindle drm remover - Digital Editions Converter

If you use the Kindle Books more often then after you remove the DRM from your Kindle Books you can use a free program called Calibre to convert them to a epub format. Then they work fine in eBook Reader.
    calibre - E-book management

the only drawback, which is a slight drawback in my view, is that your books aren't synced to other devices ex. Nook Reader etc. In other words, say you are reading Frankenstein on a Nook Reader and are on page 100, the eReader won't know what page you are on if you decide to use it. Or vise-versa. But in my view, that is miner and I don't have a problem with it.
    11-13-11 03:09 PM
    In the Cloud Reader, while still on WIFI and only in portrait mode (won't work in landscape), go into your library. Hold down the icon for the book you want. It flashes and a message comes up asking if you want to either download or pin the book (can't recall right now). Once the book is downloaded, hit icon on bottom of the screen that says "downloaded". This will switch you from the cloud to the downloaded book (s) on the device. Open it up and away you go. It remembers where you left off reading just like with a Kindle.

Now, airplane mode worked last night after I saved my book to my desktop and opened it up to read/test. Tried it again today and I am getting the network error. It really should not be this hard. If the book is downloaded then were did it go? Off to look around again for more info as this would totally save me carrying two devices when I travel.
    11-13-11 04:03 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD