So the other day Im in the ER, my father was having day surgery. Anyway, my brother and I were there and his wife was there with her IPAD...Well, I had to break out the PB...and I now know why I love my PB more than ever...Dont get me wrong the IPAD was nice but the best part was telling them the PB was a 64GB $199.00 at Office Depot. Needless to say once they saw what I could do and see on the web, I ended up looking at the IPAD as my PB was hijacked by my brother and his wife!!! LoL...That night my brother drove to OD and purchased a PB....I love my PB!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by muddy211; 08-28-12 at 06:50 PM.
    08-28-12 07:30 AM
    haha great! Spread the word..
    bungaboy likes this.
    08-28-12 07:49 AM
    Hope your dad is well, some people don"t know what their missing
    unti they try the playbook!
    08-28-12 07:51 AM
    Talked ex into the �129 deal. Hoping to share a happy story in a few weeks.

Whatever it was, hope your father recovers well.
    muddy211 likes this.
    08-28-12 08:05 AM
    Again, I hope the surgery went well.

Of course, I could not help thinking about the way your subject appears on the forum:

"In the ER with my PB, Sister in law had a IPad..."

Congratulate your sister-in-law on the birth of her Ipad!!!!
    BB_Bmore, hpjrt, Jince and 11 others like this.
    08-28-12 08:31 AM
    Yh that's good. There needs to more awareness about the pb in the form of advertising, as it's clearly a well rounded device. Tbh, here in England, looking at the people around me with iphones, it's obvious they purchased that phone because of its popularity and same with the ipad. If people only knew of the usefulness of the blackberry and PlayBook, and of course the upcoming bb10 platform, rim would be in a better position. I guess you have to give it to apple for making everyone buy their products.

I only wish rim could do that with bb10 and get everyone on board, as the bb10 will blow the competition out of the water. RIM will still struggle due to popularity and that's a shame... Dare I say there are not enough intelligent people out there

And here comes the abuse. But before anyone says anything, I have heard from multiple iphone people that the iphone is sh*t compared to the s3... And I reckon bb10 will be able to compete with android when it comes out... So yhh... Come on rim advertise the he'll out of bb10!!!!!
    08-28-12 08:57 AM
    And hope your dad is okay!!... And congratulations to ur sister in law for giving birth to an ipad... It's quite a miracle
    08-28-12 09:00 AM
    I took my PB camping about 3 weeks ago in deepest darkest Ontario and showed about 6 people. Saw them all again on the weekend and 4 of them had purchased 64 GB units.

Go RIM.
    08-28-12 09:02 AM
    I took my PB camping about 3 weeks ago in deepest darkest Ontario and showed about 6 people. Saw them all again on the weekend and 4 of them had purchased 64 GB units.

Go RIM.
    What did you use it for on camping ?
    08-28-12 04:48 PM
    Is there an app for that?
    I kid I kid.
    Glad everyone is well OP.
    The power of the PlayBook strikes again!
    08-28-12 05:01 PM
    We used mine for music, for the kids and/or the wife to watch a movie at bedtime, a little camera action and some informed stargazing using the awesome app What's Up.
    peter9477 and bungaboy like this.
    08-28-12 05:20 PM
    Lots really. The weather; radar specifically. GPS. Very helpful. Pictures. Video. Played a bunch of songs while everyone danced around the fire like drunk pagans. My friends daughter used it to do her weekly summer school assignment on-line bridged to my BB.

I pretty much never leave the house with out my PB. I don't always use it by I always have it with me.
    peter9477, jchavealot and bungaboy like this.
    08-28-12 05:31 PM
    Playbook Rocks!
    08-28-12 07:29 PM
    Lots really. The weather; radar specifically. GPS. Very helpful. Pictures. Video. Played a bunch of songs while everyone danced around the fire like drunk pagans. My friends daughter used it to do her weekly summer school assignment on-line bridged to my BB.

I pretty much never leave the house with out my PB. I don't always use it by I always have it with me.
    Does it really count as camping if you're within cellphone range? Hehe, j/k
    08-28-12 07:49 PM
    So what did she name the iPad?
    08-28-12 08:34 PM
    Does it really count as camping if you're within cellphone range? Hehe, j/k
    When a bear visits its camping!
    alan510 likes this.
    08-28-12 10:28 PM
    Thanks for the get well wishes...LoL at what did she name the IPad? Hmmm, im trying to think of a great name!! LoL.
    08-29-12 08:51 AM
    iCry, or iRene, iVana

This thread was funny...the surgery was the lead-in for the successful conversion of someone to the Playbook. Nice! haha

Hope your father is ok! He may need a Playbook to keep him busy while he is in hospital!
    muddy211 likes this.
    08-29-12 09:17 AM
    A psooible name for the baby iPad if a boy: iDingaLing and if a girl iKitty
    08-29-12 10:53 AM
    Good stuff doing your part changing the world one playbook at a time.
    Best wishes for your dad and a speedy recovery.
    08-29-12 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD