happy canada folks! home and sunburned, good times!

My buddy sent me two .epub files to my blackberry email, which I want to access through BB Bridge on my playbook. However when seeing his email, I get unsupported attachment. I have the epub app on my playbook.

Question is how can I get the attachment from the email to my epub reader app so I can read!!!!!

Help please, and thanks in advance!
    07-01-12 01:16 PM
    You hate a file management program, my favourite is Files and Folders
    07-01-12 01:37 PM
    Setup your email on your playbook, download the attachment to your PB directly, once this is done, use your epub reader to search and index your epub file, some copy the file to another directory where it reads from, but your email I believe needs to be the native email. If you're like me and have separate native emails and other via bridge, forward the attachment to your native PB email address and do the above!
    07-01-12 01:55 PM
    This isn't working. I don't have a native email on my pb, never had to create one. My email goes to the torch i have. Now to create one, do I just have to open a hotmail or something? sorry, not really into the tablet scene at all, so forgive my ignorance.

I forwarded the attachments to my work email and used a USB to move to my media card on my torch, but still can't find it under bridge. I wish I could just pay one of you to show me how to use this damn device, torrents and all!!!!!!!!
    07-01-12 02:46 PM
    If you used usb to transfer to phone, why not transfer to pb?

I believe files&folders will allow you to copy/paste from phone to pb. Other file managers will also work including the free Ghost Commander in appworld (but it is android). If you have FileScout on your phone, you can use it and wifi to tranfer also.

How do you get any files to your pb? Music, etc?
    07-01-12 03:19 PM
    F2 for some reason my work laptop doesn't like my playbook, but it likes my 9800. The PB requires an administrator password whereas the 9800 doesn't.

I'll look on appworld for this files and folders.
    07-01-12 03:34 PM
    Make it really simple for yourself by setting up a native email on your pb, open the mail app click on the white box on the left side with @ on it, click on add account, select email calendar contacts, just enter your email address and password and voila! Done, email yourself the file. By the way are you using a Mac or a pc? I use a Mac so if that's your thing I'll give you a step by step guide on how to access your pb storage and just copy directly.
    07-02-12 04:47 AM
    This isn't working. I don't have a native email on my pb, never had to create one. My email goes to the torch i have. Now to create one, do I just have to open a hotmail or something? sorry, not really into the tablet scene at all, so forgive my ignorance.

I forwarded the attachments to my work email and used a USB to move to my media card on my torch, but still can't find it under bridge. I wish I could just pay one of you to show me how to use this damn device, torrents and all!!!!!!!!
    Where on the media card did you save the epub from the email on your smartphone? The Files & Folders application as well as the native file manager on the tablet should be able to access your smartphone media card via BlackBerry Bridge when Bluetooth connection has been established. If I still lived in Ottawa I would drive over and help you in person but a 16 hour drive is not in the cards for today.
    07-02-12 05:11 AM
    I truly appreciate the assistance folks.

The file is saved on my Torch under mediacard/blackberry/documents. I found that I can select send, bluetooth, and I can select my playbook, but it fails. When I bridge, I can't see that directory with the playbook.

May be a stupid question but is there a USB to USB for blackberry, a special cord.
    07-02-12 06:11 AM
    Correct that. I can find the directory, but the .epub isn't there, on the playbook.

File transfer. Failed to service.

Guess I'll try and create an email account on my playbook next.
    07-02-12 06:15 AM
    Sorry for being high maintenance, but next question. I set up the email, emailed to myself, downloaded the attachments, and they are there under downloades (found using air browser).

I can select the file, but the only options under air browser are rename, compress, delete and unselect. I believe I want this to be moved under "books", but how to do that. This is my first experience with all this, talk about a learning experience. LOL

UPDATE: EUREKAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It worked, I think! Now to try some reading!
    Last edited by DonnyVantage; 07-02-12 at 06:57 AM.
    07-02-12 06:54 AM
    To answer asked/unasked questions. NO usb-usb between phone/pb. Also NO BT file transfer in the traditional sense of "send via bt/receive via bt" but the Bridge is a bt protocol but different.

But glad you got it done and hope the reading goes smoothly.
    07-02-12 08:45 AM
    DonnyVantage- what did you do to make it work???
    07-03-12 07:23 PM
    Hello, hate to refresh an old thread, but now I need help again. .epub came by email, my native email which is @gmail.com. Downloaded. Now I can't find it, air browser can't find it. Where the did it go????
    10-22-12 11:36 AM
    It should be in your downloads folder.
    10-22-12 12:07 PM
    It's not, that's what's nuts. The previous two, from when I started this thread, are there, but the new one isn't. Baffled.
    10-22-12 12:12 PM
    Try downloading it again.
    10-22-12 12:15 PM
    Bridged email or native email? If Bridged, it should be somewhere on the bbphone. Did you either open or retrieve it?
    10-22-12 12:36 PM
    F2 for some reason my work laptop doesn't like my playbook, but it likes my 9800. The PB requires an administrator password whereas the 9800 doesn't.

I'll look on appworld for this files and folders.
    The administrator password is the password YOU set for the tablet. You can reset or remove the administrator password from the BlackBerry PlayBook unless you normally store sensitive documents on the tablet.
    10-22-12 01:18 PM
    My buddy sent me two .epub files to my blackberry email, which I want to access through BB Bridge on my playbook. However when seeing his email, I get unsupported attachment. I have the epub app on my playbook.
    You can transfer the file from your smartphone to your tablet via BlackBerry Bridge after saving the epub on the smartphone. Then read the epub using an ereader such as Book Reader. Enjoy!
    10-22-12 01:20 PM
    happy canada folks! home and sunburned, good times!

Question is how can I get the attachment from the email to my epub reader app so I can read!!!!!

Help please, and thanks in advance!
    Donny pls excuse me if you've already sorted this out ......

When you say you've got 'epub on your PB' what do you mean?

Did you buy the App Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle? Or do you mean something else?

If you have an epub reading book app then you only have to open that app up on the PB and add the book (or import it) using the app tools.

All epub files can be read by an epub book reader.

Is this the info you were after?
    10-22-12 04:21 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD