Looks like we got bumped to retail as well.

PlayBook Without Limits!

In the past few weeks, there have been many exciting developments regarding the BlackBerry PlayBook, which is now set to launch on April 19th, 2011. As such, we have made a few amendments to the PlayBook Without Limits Beta program:

� You're more than just a beta tester now. You're one of the first people to get their hands on the finished product.

� The focus of this program has moved away from pre-market feedback, and towards the out-of-box customer experience.

� Participation in surveys and discussion boards is now completely voluntary, although we are obviously very interested in any feedback you would like to share with us.

� Access to BlackBerry Beta Zone, and the actual delivery of your PlayBook device will align with general retail availability.
    The BlackBerry PlayBook provided to you will be yours to keep, however, should you wish to return the PlayBook to RIM for any reason please do so. Instructions on shipping will be included with your device packaging and will be at no cost to you or your employer.
    What you should you expect?

� April 11th - 15th Expect an email from BlackBerry Beta Zone with instructions on how to access BlackBerry Beta Zone. In addition to product surveys, this web portal will grant you access to discussion boards. On those boards, you can engage in conversations with not only other PlayBook owners, but also with technical representatives from Research In Motion.

� April 18th - 22nd Expect delivery of your BlackBerry PlayBook and be ready to use the new BlackBerry Tablet OS.

We thank you for your willingness to participate in the PlayBook Without Limits Program and look forward to hearing your initial impressions.

Regards,
    BlackBerry and Verizon
    03-31-11 03:39 PM
    Got the same email today. Any idea on what memory size they will be sending us.
    03-31-11 07:52 PM
    It was never noted but I'm assuming 16gb to keep it cost effective. Unsure how many corporate accounts were invited but 5 free Playbooks x corporations could add up.

I'm not complaining but let down this launch has been poorly executed. Lets hope the extra time made the Playbook rock solid.
    04-01-11 05:35 AM
    Yes that's all we have left to hope for.
    04-01-11 06:41 PM
    I hope to GOD this doesn't mean they are going to know push us regular buyers back also.

EDIT: No offense, but I hope it just means they don't trust you guys not to leak something they want to keep private till launch, although I can't imagine what that is!
    04-01-11 07:42 PM
    Has anyone received theirs via the Without Limits program yet?
    04-19-11 06:58 AM
    Wondering the same...
    04-19-11 08:13 AM
    our company is waiting for their 5 still, I expect them to show up today or later this week
    04-19-11 08:58 AM
    Our FedEx run is usually around 10 AM, so I'm guessing not today for us.
    04-19-11 11:45 AM
    Anyone have any updates?
    04-21-11 10:18 AM
    still haven't received them
    04-21-11 11:02 AM
    Nothing here yet either. Considering we're closed Friday it won't be till next week now. Very poorly run program.

Beta site stated they shipped last Friday?

Considering Verizon is unsure if they will sell Playbook now I wonder if that is impacting.
    04-21-11 11:10 AM
    We are closed friday and monday so it will be a bit
    04-21-11 11:27 AM
    It was never noted but I'm assuming 16gb to keep it cost effective. Unsure how many corporate accounts were invited but 5 free Playbooks x corporations could add up.

I'm not complaining but let down this launch has been poorly executed. Lets hope the extra time made the Playbook rock solid.
    Your hope is gone, not rock solid but not so bad either.
    04-21-11 11:46 AM
    Your hope is gone, not rock solid but not so bad either.
    Actually ever negative review speaks nothing to what I care about from a enterprise perspective. I care about the device hardware, how the browser renders / flash support. We were already planning to use Blackberry Bridge until we can add the Playbook to BES and have greater control.

The amount of consumer apps, and video streaming are not on the top of our list. We already have 3-4 internal applications ported to Playbook and look forward to the Bridge Browser to utilize intranet.

I'm sure at Blackberry World in 2 weeks there will be a ton of people already with Playbook and discussing it. The fact RIM keeps updating is speaking to their own desire to make this platform fantastic.
    04-21-11 12:42 PM
    Actually ever negative review speaks nothing to what I care about from a enterprise perspective. I care about the device hardware, how the browser renders / flash support. We were already planning to use Blackberry Bridge until we can add the Playbook to BES and have greater control.

The amount of consumer apps, and video streaming are not on the top of our list. We already have 3-4 internal applications ported to Playbook and look forward to the Bridge Browser to utilize intranet.

I'm sure at Blackberry World in 2 weeks there will be a ton of people already with Playbook and discussing it. The fact RIM keeps updating is speaking to their own desire to make this platform fantastic.
    I agree...........
    04-21-11 04:14 PM
    I'll be at blackberry world with my playbook, can't wait
    04-21-11 04:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD