Personally, I am tired of rip off second hand apps made by gameloft/EA (IIRC gameloft is wholly owned by EA). We need a list of games like this:

Top 10 Role-Playing Games for iPhone and iPad from Side Mission Gaming News.

I know at least one of those has made an iteration on the BB phones.
    05-27-12 02:25 PM
    Interesting title, what's not real about gameloft?
    diegonei and Snuupy like this.
    05-27-12 02:38 PM
    I wish for RPGs as this is the games I like the most. There are not many of them on bbworld.

D&D or DSA
    05-27-12 02:42 PM
    Interesting title, what's not real about gameloft?
    Those familiar with the gaming industry and games in general recognize that just about every gameloft title is a rip off another game. Its shameless mimicry of well known IPs. The games themselves are... okay. I've got about 4-5 of them. But they don't shine like a real game should for some reason or another.

For instance, Modern Combat is a rip off of Modern Warfare. 9mm looks like a rip off of max payne. Eternal Legacy is a rip off final fantasy. Starfront is a rip off starcraft. NOVA is a rip off of HALO. These are just a few examples. The list does go on unfortunately, or maybe fortunately, they're not all on the PB yet.

Mobile devices have been attracting bigger games lately. Many retro games and some new games in a retro style.
    fbloise likes this.
    05-27-12 02:45 PM
    Is it there a good MMORPG available for the PlayBook? That would be awesome.
    05-27-12 02:50 PM
    I hear your frustration but the apps have gotten better sine the initial release of PlayBook. I would like Atari greatest hits and lunar lander. They got to be easier to make then any RPG.
    05-27-12 04:02 PM
    The OP's list sucks. Those are games for iPhones

We need the mature games like GTA IV and V, Max Payne, Nova 3, Splinter Cell, etc
    SlcCorrado and velociraptor89 like this.
    05-27-12 04:21 PM
    The OP's list sucks. Those are games for iPhones

We need the mature games like GTA IV and V, Max Payne, Nova 3, Splinter Cell, etc
    Have you ever heard of list of examples? Obviously I think more than just 10 games should come and perhaps not even every single one listed there.

And by the way, how is your list mature? Its just games with violence... thats preety childish. Mature audiences go for games with story and heavy character elements. All those games you listed are mainly series of killing quests. Go to waypoint A, kill people, go to waypoint B, then go to waypoint C, kill people, often with little variation. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy this sort of game too but its in no way really a mature title. These games nowadays are largely designed for kids and adults.

@jchavelot Please keep your trolling out of the thread. I never said gameloft games were particularly bad anyway.
    fbloise likes this.
    05-27-12 07:16 PM
    Chill on the insults folks!
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    05-27-12 07:28 PM
    OP you may not like EA games but to imply they are second rate or rip off artists just is not realistic."EA is currently the No. 1 game publisher in Western markets with a 16% segment share, and the second-largest social games company on Facebook". Electronic Arts - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    anon(4216152) likes this.
    05-27-12 07:36 PM
    i would like gta3 to come to pb,as its on ios and droid and games like fifa,metal gear solid ect
    05-27-12 07:43 PM
    I like gameloft games copycat or not. Can't wait For nova 3. It looks great.
    05-27-12 08:18 PM
    EA second rate??? I hardly think so.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Barljo likes this.
    05-27-12 09:09 PM
    Always lol at all the hate EA recieves, but I understand why people do it, the top dog is always hated...

Myself I've been lovin EA games for over 20 years lol

haters gonna hate.

It's in the game.
    TNNurse and 91300zx like this.
    05-27-12 11:39 PM
    Personally, I am tired of rip off second hand apps made by gameloft/EA (IIRC gameloft is wholly owned by EA). We need a list of games like this:

Top 10 Role-Playing Games for iPhone and iPad from Side Mission Gaming News.

I know at least one of those has made an iteration on the BB phones.
    They are owned by Ubisoft actually, not EA. And EA makes pb games, and Square Enix recently signed on with lara croft and the guardian of light, and hopefully more. Not much as far as major game companies, but a couple of things to consider:

1) Android isnt faring much better on this front, more major companies are on android but a lot of them have an anemic lineup on it, despite android's huge marketshare.

2) a few games are on pb but not android. Dont believe me? Well guess what, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light isnt even on Android! It seems crazy, but I think the reason is that Android is prone to piracy, and the platform is also well known to not have that great of sales figures despite the huge install base (as compared to ios, which is like comparing wii to 360 or ps3, wii owners, like android owners, just tend on average to buy less games. Marketshare isnt everything, PB may have a small marketshare, but PB owners on average do buy games, android owners dont tend to as much.

3)major game companies, outside of ea and ubisoft, havent really made any serious efforts on mobile/tablet gaming yet. Well ios to some degree, all the major publishers do support that, but its because it is the best option for them, no piracy unlike android, apple actually takes a smaller cut than google (although we are only talking a 2% difference), a lot less skus to test and optimize the game for, and ios owners tend to be more willing to pay than android owners. Only thing Android has over ios to them is a higher install base, but as mentioned before that doesnt matter if said install base doesnt buy games.
    glassofpinot likes this.
    05-28-12 12:02 AM
    Always lol at all the hate EA recieves, but I understand why people do it, the top dog is always hated...

Myself I've been lovin EA games for over 20 years lol

haters gonna hate.

It's in the game.
    It's easy to hate EA. Especially with "Origin" I would never install. So no PC game from EA anymore. Germany, where PC game marked was very strong compared to the console market

BTW there was an rumour that a korean Game company wants to buy EA.
    05-28-12 09:28 AM
    I can play Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and tactics, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, SaGa Frontier 1 and 2, Vagrant Story, Legend Of Mana, Draqgon Quest I, II, III, IV, V, VI and VII, Legend of Zelda: a link to the past and Earthbound on my PlayBook just to name a few, not only none of those games are from Gameloft or EA but they also completely destroy the games mentioned on the OP's list.
    esqlaw likes this.
    05-28-12 10:30 AM

2) a few games are on pb but not android. Dont believe me? Well guess what, Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light isnt even on Android!
    It is available, IIRC, as an exclusive on the Xperia. I could be wrong, but I seem to recall that.
    05-28-12 11:06 AM
    Would really like to see a port of Master of Orion II (or even the first MOO) for Playbook.
    05-28-12 11:26 AM
    I can play Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX and tactics, Chrono Trigger, Chrono Cross, Xenogears, SaGa Frontier 1 and 2, Vagrant Story, Legend Of Mana, Draqgon Quest I, II, III, IV, V, VI and VII, Legend of Zelda: a link to the past and Earthbound on my PlayBook just to name a few, not only none of those games are from Gameloft or EA but they also completely destroy the games mentioned on the OP's list.
    Ummm... how? 1. it wasn't my list, 2. if you looked at it half of them are final fantasy games lol
    05-28-12 11:46 AM
    Stop insulting this guy, he is trying to make a valid point.
    We need more game developers than JUST Gameloft...
    He is correct, a lot of their games are copies... (Like he said earlier Modern Combat = Modern Warefare..)
    Also, he never said that Gameloft made bad games...
    05-28-12 11:55 AM
    EA second rate??? I hardly think so.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk
    Less EA, more gameloft. Their games are both rip offs and designed for other platforms then ported to PB. They function okay. Well, starfront is a joke in terms of functionality for a RTS, but the other ones function okay. And like I said, they aren't bad. Just not enough for someone like me

@everyone else, who hates the idea of getting more big titles?
    anon(3896606) likes this.
    05-28-12 11:57 AM
    Seems to me this is just another rehash of the Skype Netflix debate... Because the Playbook does not have the games "I think it should have"... there is a problem.... Not....

I looked at the list of "must have" games in the link... seems rather chidlsh games to me ( a personnal preference )... but I do not knock other such games because many users love them....

If you look at most RPG Games there really is never nothing new.... the conventions are all the same... make a character... follow the story line... develop your character... complete quests and beat the game.... what is new??????

I do not understand why people feel compelled to make posts like this...Some members clearly state that what they feel is lacking on an issue... many posters such as the OP make it sound like it is a fact....

Personal prefernece is just that... it should however not however diminish others
    homer1475 likes this.
    05-28-12 12:11 PM
    You can download the native Super Nintendo, Sega, and Playstation 1 emulator on PB
    it's not on appworld because of copyright problem, I think the link is stickied in Playbook Apps & Games forum

then just do a little googling to download the ROM

--BB 9700 using Crackberry Apps
    05-28-12 12:15 PM
    Seems to me this is just another rehash of the Skype Netflix debate... Because the Playbook does not have the games "I think it should have"... there is a problem.... Not....

I looked at the list of "must have" games in the link... seems rather chidlsh games to me ( a personnal preference )... but I do not knock other such games because many users love them....

If you look at most RPG Games there really is never nothing new.... the conventions are all the same... make a character... follow the story line... develop your character... complete quests and beat the game.... what is new??????

I do not understand why people feel compelled to make posts like this...Some members clearly state that what they feel is lacking on an issue... many posters such as the OP make it sound like it is a fact....

Personal prefernece is just that... it should however not however diminish others
    I don't know how you read the post but this is how I feel it is. Mobile gaming is becoming bigger and yet we've only seen, generally, gameloft games developing more serious titles for the PB. That is fact.

RPG games are about the story and character relationships, as well as tactical combat. And its a great candidate for this kind've touch platform, more than other action oriented genres. Anyway, thats just 1 list of good games that I would like to see. Don't consider it the entire field of games that could come to the playbook.

I wasn't compelled to make this post. I made the post because I felt like it. Why does that even matter? Please just stay on topic and quit with the off topic personal attacks and criticism. As a community member, you can easily derail a thread by posting all this nonsensical commentary.
    05-28-12 12:22 PM
49 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD