It's very clear that the latest patch does not fix the Exchange account problems many our seeing. I have downgraded using cfp and can get a perfect exchange experience with active sync but each time I go back to 2.1 the account becomes invalid.

This is ridiculous - it's time RIM acknowledged that 2.1 is broken regarding exchange active sync accounts. The latest patch does not fix anything in this regard.

I have been a RIM user and shareholder for years but on Monday I am asking my IT department to get me an iPhone and ipad - are they perfect? no but my wife and daughter both have them and don't go through this nonsense.

As I said enough is enough - RIM I give up. For the record I was the third user in fortune 500 company with a blackberry in 2002 and got a playbook on launch day.

So annoyed as a shareholder.
    10-27-12 03:00 PM
    Good luck. Maybe an iPad mini is the best option for you. I understand your frustration and hope that your next device works how you want it to.
    10-27-12 04:26 PM
    Sorry for your troubles - my Exchange account works fine but initial setup pre- 2.x was fairly challenging. That being said, I'd love real support for Lotus Notes...

My wife just went fully iOS and as in-house tech support I have to admire what it does well and consistently, even though I personally dislike how the interface falls short of what it could be.

Hope your switchover goes smoothly.
    10-27-12 04:57 PM
    EAS has continued to work fine for me.
    10-27-12 04:59 PM
    Strange to hear you are having problem sync with your Exchange server. Which version of Exchange your company is running? My tech support team use the PlayBook in the field. We do use BB Fusion to manage the PlayBooks. Even with the latest update we are not experiencing any issues in connecting to our Exchange server nor syncing our contacts and calendar. Please note they are not using the BlackBerry Bridge.
    10-27-12 07:27 PM
    So your company users are okay with the limit of 30 day email?
    10-27-12 10:56 PM
    So your company users are okay with the limit of 30 day email?
    Mine are for a portable device. It's a portal into what's current. The full inbox is still available through OWA in the browser and through our online archiving service for everything since the dawn of time.
    10-27-12 11:45 PM
    In case it helps others:

Exchange version: 8.3.83.0
    It's 64 bit
    Exchange Client Access server .NET Framework version: 2.0.50727.4223
    Client Access server operating system version: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2

And as I said previously if I downgrade it connect's perfectly, as soon as I upgrade again the account becomes invalid the error message is "service is temporarily unavailable for work". Error code is 403, I also lose calendar and contacts.

My IT guys have no clue except they say the message relates to bad authentication - but can't explain why this version of the playbook is failing and the earlier versions are working fine.

As I said hope this helps some folks but I give up - have to join the dark side can't waste anymore time on this nonsense.
    10-28-12 08:22 AM
    I have the exact same issue. 5 users who have updated to 2.1 can no longer connect to active sync.
    Exchange 2010 SP1 enterprise on Windows 2008 R2 SP1.
    10-29-12 10:21 AM
    I'm right there with you - I have not been able to access my email via Active Sync since the upgrade - I have not gone through the trouble of downgrading, but I do have the same issues as you - my response was to get a Google Nexus 7 - works great, runs all of the Android apps perfectly (as you would expect), I synched up to my work email immediately and now have my calendar, an RDP client, and everything else I need for my work environment. I have two PB's and they have both been relegated to desk clocks, because without the ability to access my work environment remotely, they are nothing but toys -I have been very loyal to the Playbook up until now, and I am going to wait for OS 10 before I make my final judgement, but it looks like I will be loading the Playbooks up with games and giving them to my grandkids
    11-07-12 08:02 AM
    sad...
    my exchange account works well with 2 and 2.1, never had setup issues, and I was really picky about the fine tuning of the account.
    11-07-12 09:17 AM