Guys enough is enough ....its just taking too long lets write a petition to BLACKBERRY saying either you give up the new apps or bb 10...have your say .....if you all are together then we can make a difference
    02-22-13 11:59 AM
    I'm not sure I understand what you're complaining about. The lack of app or the BB10 OS?
    02-22-13 12:01 PM
    you want them to give up on the apps or bb10... i don't understand? but you are saying you have had enough of bb in general... since the phone has been out 2 weeks you sick of waiting... or your sick of waiting for the phone to be out?

you need to be alittle more spacific..on what you are b#4chin about...
    02-22-13 12:11 PM
    Guys enough is enough ....its just taking too long lets write a petition to BLACKBERRY saying either you give up the new apps or bb 10...have your say .....if you all are together then we can make a difference
    I think he means for RIM to release whatever they have right now. That's the way I read his message.

It will come, I and I think I can assume the rest of us want it too, but not before it's ready "for Prime Time". Yes, there may still be a hiccup or two,
    but let them get it as polished as possible for the first release.

I'm anxious also, but you have to wait for the pot to boil....

C
    02-22-13 12:27 PM
    The new apps require BB10. TH said all PlayBooks will be updated to "BB10".
    02-22-13 12:34 PM
    Patience young grasshopper! Relax. Breath. Stretch. Relax some more. Feel better now? It will come when it comes. I don't think anybody wants us to have BB10 handsets and the Playbook os more than BlackBerry does.
    02-22-13 04:37 PM
    Honestly, I'm not really sure that the OS10 will improve the PB very much.
    02-22-13 04:39 PM
    Enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!-fuck-im-so-done-mary-poppins.png
    I'm done with this kind of posts.
    02-22-13 04:42 PM
    Honestly, I'm not really sure that the OS10 will improve the PB very much.
    Going to need it for the apps that are apparently flooding into BB world. The new browser and keyboard would be cool as well. Perhaps some new UI efficiencies would come along too. Otherwise, the PB is a dandy little device already.
    02-22-13 05:32 PM
    Going to need it for the apps that are apparently flooding into BB world. The new browser and keyboard would be cool as well. Perhaps some new UI efficiencies would come along too. Otherwise, the PB is a dandy little device already.
    It's taken two years to get the pb to this stage which is, relatively usable sometimes.

Please don't wish us into another two years of secret **** wondering when the next update will be to fix the problems caused by inadequate coding that RIM are becoming renowned at worldwide, by wishing BB10 on us. This would just be another half finished OS release by a company that neither listen to or care its customer base.
    02-22-13 06:01 PM
    It's taken two years to get the pb to this stage which is, relatively usable sometimes.

Please don't wish us into another two years of secret **** wondering when the next update will be to fix the problems caused by inadequate coding that RIM are becoming renowned at worldwide, by wishing BB10 on us. This would just be another half finished OS release by a company that neither listen to or care its customer base.
    And worst, yet, taking a hint from Congress, building a BRIDGE to no where.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-22-13 06:59 PM
    Easy for you to be flippant about bridges given the amount you have in the US. I just want a bridge 3" long from my Z10 to my pb that I can use!

By the way I found out that Chicago is right next to the sea. Just like where I live in the UK. I like the place already and not got there yet!
    02-23-13 07:42 AM
    That's actually a lake. Seas are wider, deeper and usually saltier.
    deemgee and sad_old_man like this.
    02-23-13 08:10 AM

Use mine constantly. It's been very effective for me. We'll see what lays ahead re "PB10".
    02-23-13 09:17 AM
    I must be the only person that likes my PB as it is now :P
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-23-13 09:19 AM
    Easy for you to be flippant about bridges given the amount you have in the US. I just want a bridge 3" long from my Z10 to my pb that I can use!

By the way I found out that Chicago is right next to the sea. Just like where I live in the UK. I like the place already and not got there yet!
    Actually, Chicago is right next to Mitch-i-gan, as someone from the UK pronounced it many years ago. The sea it is near is Lake Mitch-i-gan which when standing on its shore is like the sea - endless. I used to live in Chicago, within waking distance of its "sea" shore.

Actually, (too lazy to look) about how wide is the UK (ignoring its former colonies!!!!) and how long?

edited to add:

Length: Just under 1,000 km (600 miles) from North to South
    Width: About 480 (300 miles) Km from east to west

http://resources.woodlands-junior.ke...ns/ukfacts.htm
    02-23-13 10:29 AM
    Totally off topic, but "bridges to nowhere" which became emblematic of legislative "earmark" excess had a rather profound and negative effect on US politics. Earmarking was ended in a populist move to cut government waste. However, this ended up enabling pure obstructionism in the US congress as no longer was it necessary to cooperate and compromise in order to "bring home the bacon" to one's congressional district. The speaker of the house of Representatives can no longer even control his own party resulting in reactionary elements causing credit downgrades, "fiscal cliffs", "sequestration" and endless filibusters in the senate.

As for our beloved bridge capabilities, I surely hope the "BB10" UI will be updated to allow that super functionality we've enjoyed with the legacy OS. I employ the bridge so much in my travels that I'm seriously considering an OS7 device while the kinks get worked out of BB10 rather than getting a Z10 when it is released in the US. The risk with that is that "PB10" might change the current bridge experience and not in a good way making my potential new OS7 device obsolete. Sure would like to have a better idea of the update road map.
    FF22 likes this.
    02-23-13 11:10 AM
    I agree. Blackberry won't tell ylu ahead of time either. currently its a "buy it and find out" policy
    02-23-13 11:26 AM
    Totally off topic, but "bridges to nowhere" which became emblematic of legislative "earmark" excess had a rather profound and negative effect on US politics. Earmarking was ended in a populist move to cut government waste. However, this ended up enabling pure obstructionism in the US congress as no longer was it necessary to cooperate and compromise in order to "bring home the bacon" to one's congressional district. The speaker of the house of Representatives can no longer even control his own party resulting in reactionary elements causing credit downgrades, "fiscal cliffs", "sequestration" and endless filibusters in the senate.

As for our beloved bridge capabilities, I surely hope the "BB10" UI will be updated to allow that super functionality we've enjoyed with the legacy OS. I employ the bridge so much in my travels that I'm seriously considering an OS7 device while the kinks get worked out of BB10 rather than getting a Z10 when it is released in the US. The risk with that is that "PB10" might change the current bridge experience and not in a good way making my potential new OS7 device obsolete. Sure would like to have a better idea of the update road map.
    Ok so just what do you have against bridges? They are wonderful things just like pasties and brandy.

Then you talk about "Sure would like to have a better idea of the update road map". Roads sometimes go over bridges. In that case RIM seem to be on a road that goes over a bridge to nowhere!

Ha ha, oooppppsss, ok forget I said that. A bridge to nowhere has to eventually end up somewhere. Back later, I just need to analyse that comment of mine. I think I'll ask the audience.
    02-23-13 11:35 AM
    Terra incognito = Full potential of QNX

Gotta participate in the expedition to see what's there.
    sad_old_man and joski like this.
    02-23-13 11:41 AM
    I must be the only person that likes my PB as it is now :P
    Nope, this last update has made mine into the useful tool I expected when 2.0 initially came out. With Java script off, my browser is very fast. My side-loaded KingSoft app works like a champ for what I need. Still have some nagging things I'd rather have but I doubt that BB10 will fix them and will likely introduce others.
    sad_old_man likes this.
    02-23-13 11:43 AM
    Terra incognito = Full potential of QNX

Gotta participate in the expedition to see what's there.
    There are times when I love this forum, not many I must admit, but now and again out of the dark wilderness someone utters a simple but perfect statement.
    02-23-13 11:57 AM