Long story short I had to defend the PB from ignorant apple friends. They said the PB is crap because it is small, has a weaker processor, and couldn't run apps.

I told this guy look, smaller is better, who wants to walk around with a heavy magazine all day? specially if you are a guy, we don't carry purses and wearing a backpack is only cool when you are in school, aint nobody got time for that.

Then he talked about specs, (this is ipad 2 here) I said first off, you don't know the specs of the PB and neither do I, but it is PRICED low, it doesn't mean it is low end. Don't think that something is better because it is more expensive, he bitched so much and I pulled out the specs and the PB actually BEAT the ipad. I told him about limiting agents and actual yield, he didn't want to talk science he just wanted to yell...and at 4am he ended up bouncing my soccer ball and clapping and screaming ipad is amazing......just so he wouldn't hear the truth.....

It got worse, I tried to talk to him with logic, I said if the ipads processor IS faster, it doesn't mean anything. Because it may need it just to say...keep that high resolution going without a drop in frame rate....(that is true right?) and also, what good is a fast processor if you can't multitask or your browser is slow? I told him the PB has TRUE multitasking, and he has never even used one before but just said its slow, old and useless....I told him, yeah the ipad has apps but that is why I dislike apple. They want to make the internet cost money again. I said, what happened to the days where you had a laptop and everything worked? After you install flash you can play all sorts of games? Heck, you can even download games for free....now apple wants to charge you to fling birds...when you can do the same thing for free on google chrome.....he was baffled.

In the end, I know of the PB's weaknesses and I told him its great ability to bridge and thus save YOU money, instead of forcing you to have a monthly data plan if you don't want it, he didn't want to hear that. Instead, he countered with, in 2 years apple will have a bionic keyboard, so your touchscreen phone will have buttons pop up when you want to type, you are a ****** if you don't like that!!! I told him, why would I get rid of my physical keyboard, to get a touchscreen phone....with a pseudo keyboard?

He couldn't get over my facts and simple points and kept yelling iphone this and iphone that...so I told him, hey, everything about you sucks. Your shoes and car, you don't have the most popular brands, and even though they work for you, with your logic you might as well not have them because you don't have $1000 shoes or a Lamborghini/Ferrari ........he slammed the door on the way out.

What I would like to know, for future possible ignorant talks with guys like him, how do things work exactly?

Like say, if the PB/i3 has x amount of speed, how much does it need simply to run? How does overclocking or underclocking work for the advantage of talking about tablets?

Anyone have any info? I didn't even call this guy names, I was just being honest and real and he got so mad, its sad he has such a deep brand identity.
    mrpink73 and kretch like this.
    07-29-12 10:53 PM
    Wow. The iPad is good for beating people. So just wack your friend with his own iPad and tell him to calm down lol. (sorry I guess that's not very enlightening.) Personally the PlayBook is my weapon of choice, as listed below
    Last edited by axllebeer; 07-29-12 at 11:03 PM.
    07-29-12 11:00 PM
    Haha, what is funny is that he never actually brings his ipad anywhere nor does my roommate. I guess the PB is a better projectile weapon
    07-29-12 11:08 PM
    Comparisons are difficult because hardware and software change. But more than anything else, you appear to have crossed into the area of faith and devotion. Best advice is to stay high level and keep it simple. If that works for you, great. This works for me... Equally great. Cheers!
    07-29-12 11:46 PM
    I like the 7 inch form factor myself. I jumped ship on the playbook as well for the Google nexus tablet. 249 for an IPS screen and quad core tegra processor rocks man. Android apps are far better and limitless it would seem and I get it now. I like having netflix , kindle, etc too I guesd
    randall2580 and Ankieberry like this.
    07-29-12 11:51 PM
    Look, the iPad is for folks who don't want the world to progress. They think that the iPad is not a tablet, whereas all tablets try to be the iPad.

What I would request you to do is not participate in lengthy competitive arguments and spend your valuable time in registering on the Global BlackBerry Feedback program and make this device better by sharing your ideas and discussions.
    07-29-12 11:53 PM
    I understand how silly it is, but I am also wondering...how much power is used for things like resolution, in all tablets! And such, like we always hate how BB has a certain amount of RAM just for the OS, what about other specs, how much power is devoted to just running a device?
    07-30-12 12:33 AM
    Every device has certain amount of RAM for the OS and for the power.. I don't know.. What's the point?
    07-30-12 01:00 AM
    Every apple computer has a slower processor than a PC. Apple computers don't need all the cpu power PCs do, because its os doesn't require the horsepower. At least that's how it used to be.
    07-30-12 01:20 AM
    That's how it was portrayed to be my friend but it's complete BS. Gimmick.. and fooling the consumer.

The fact is.. Apple by default does not run 10% of the background services that Microsoft runs on the Windows OS. So it uses very less CPU power. Many other technical stuff like this.. Cannot and will not get into the details.

Apple do not have slow processors.. Just that for the same price you can get a better configuration on the PC.
    07-30-12 01:35 AM
    Mustang vs camaro, Coke vs Pepsi, Cessna vs Piper, Romney vs Obama....

We all make choices based on which we perceive as being better at the time of the decision.

I like the Playbook, but it isn't always the device I choose to use.
    07-30-12 05:03 AM
    I love the part where your friend acted like a spoiled brat, bounced the ball going lalalalala so as to not hear you LOL. Then the baby took his ball home because he didn't like that you weren't playing by his apple rules. Too funny.

Oh no help from me. I just think your story is funny.
    bungaboy likes this.
    07-30-12 06:47 AM
    I usually don't get into better or not discussions with friends cos every product from a good brand (applies both to Apple and Blackberry) have pros and cons..
    But the biggeset reason I got it for is the reason i give them:
    Try playing Adrenaline on your 10" Ipad and then on my 7" Playbook and tell me which feels more comfortable :P ( My original intent is for reading books and not Adrenaline however quoting the game gets the message through easier..)
    07-30-12 07:21 AM
    What I would like to know, for future possible ignorant talks with guys like him, how do things work exactly?
    Smile and walk away.
    07-30-12 08:54 AM
    I don't bother with people like that. It isn't worth upsetting yourself over it. One of my sons has never used a Playbook but continually makes snide remarks about it anyway (he's an i-person thru and thru - guess I raised him wrong ). I just smile because I know the truth and the Playbook is the right device for me. To each his own.
    Harryl6134 and bungaboy like this.
    07-30-12 09:27 AM
    ... To each his own.
    Can everyone please just take this quote into account when trying to force their opinions on others? What works for you, may not work for others. Why do people feel so obsessed with trying push their product choice onto others?

One size does not fit all, that's why we have variety. One size may fit most (as is the case with the iPad) but that doesn't mean that the playbook doesn't have advantages for certain people. But, using the same logic, those playbook advantages my have no impact on the iPad user at all. Just get a tablet that you're happy with and use it. Who cares what other people choose to use?
    07-30-12 09:45 AM
    I love the part where your friend acted like a spoiled brat, bounced the ball going lalalalala so as to not hear you LOL. Then the baby took his ball home because he didn't like that you weren't playing by his apple rules. Too funny.

Oh no help from me. I just think your story is funny.
    LMAO, I approve your truth.

But about to each his own, I have nothing against the ipad, in fact I know the PB's true weaknesses having used it(checkerboard browser...incompatibility with a lot of sites)

But what gets me, is when people know the truth...but believe lies. Sadly, I have a lot of friends who are like this, thinking a debate is about who can yell the loudest or shout some fact out. Heck I could discuss with you about The Dark Knight Rises (but the spoilers)

But yeah, it is about enlightenment not choice. Pick what you want, do what you love. But once you start making up lies, I have to stop you...and that's on anything. Part of a lie is letting it loose, so I always ask something....hey um....how do you change apps in a PB? "I dunno but it sucks!!!" Actually, it takes one swipe of the finger...super smooth and you can see 2-3 windows playing at the same time.......

It is just like....really.....really man.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-30-12 11:16 AM
    Lol same thing happened when I told one of my co-workers that Montain Lion wasn't realy a new OS and that is why they were only asking 20 bucks for it, its an update/Service Pack, MS do not charge you for Service Packs, every time I get in to this argument i stop and say, they make good products but I dont agree on how they do business, and end it there.

Worst is I have a MacBook and bought the darn thing.
    Last edited by mrpink73; 07-30-12 at 07:01 PM. Reason: additional info
    07-30-12 06:39 PM
    Bionic keyboard sounds like the company that rim bought to patent a keyboard like that!! So I guess crapple misses out on that! Tell him to take his giant ipod and research the playbook to see how it beats his maxipad. Or better yet, let him research on the playbook as the pad is designed for kids to be entertained and fart apps, lots and lots of fart apps!!!!!!
    07-30-12 06:49 PM
    I did ask him.....with all those millions and millions of apps, how many do you use? He was like...4

facebook, instagram(I called him a flamer when he said it) and like gmail....so I was like whoopie, you use apps that just about everyone has..........................................

the sad part isn't the ignorance, its when knowledge is ignored.
    07-30-12 08:24 PM
    I like the 7 inch form factor myself. I jumped ship on the playbook as well for the Google nexus tablet. 249 for an IPS screen and quad core tegra processor rocks man. Android apps are far better and limitless it would seem and I get it now. I like having netflix , kindle, etc too I guesd
    So please explain how this relates to the PB/IP3 that the OP asked about?
    07-30-12 08:50 PM
    IT is similar, as he is talking bout tablets. What really grinds my gears is when you start a topic about phones and by page 5 you come back and people are debating politics....
    07-31-12 04:49 PM
    Can everyone please just take this quote into account when trying to force their opinions on others? What works for you, may not work for others. Why do people feel so obsessed with trying push their product choice onto others?

One size does not fit all, that's why we have variety. One size may fit most (as is the case with the iPad) but that doesn't mean that the playbook doesn't have advantages for certain people. But, using the same logic, those playbook advantages my have no impact on the iPad user at all. Just get a tablet that you're happy with and use it. Who cares what other people choose to use?
    I liked the iPad slant and how you slipped the iPad in twicce.

Who cares what other people choose to use . . . . as long as it's an iPad.
    07-31-12 05:31 PM
    I liked the iPad slant and how you slipped the iPad in twicce.

Who cares what other people choose to use . . . . as long as it's an iPad.
    Are you for real? Dude, get a grip.
    07-31-12 08:16 PM
    Are you for real? Dude, get a grip.
    Geeze dude. Only reading what you wrote. Read it yourself. Don't shoot the messenger.
    07-31-12 08:23 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD