How is writing an opinion ever seen as a credible review?
    Reviews are about 75% subjective i.e. opinion. They will often repeat/confirm some specs (battery life, etc), but the rest of a review is the opinion of the device features, capabilities, etc. For people that read reviews for purchase advice, comparing the device to the iPad is logical because the iPad, based on its sales, is a popular consumer option. You may recall that when the iPhone launched, one of the key questions was how it compared to the BlackBerry. That's just how reviews work.
    05-17-11 10:01 PM
    because theres no ndk?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-17-11 10:01 PM
    There's some decent reviews out there, like the MobileTechReview one and the PhoneArena one.
    And the Rich Jaroslovsky one for Bloomberg.
    05-17-11 10:12 PM
    HTC better build quality by far the best???? You just lost your credibility, HTC's hardware and built quality is cheap as ****. I owned 3 HTC phones, and still own the Incredible, terrible, terrible cheap construction. Maybe you should go buy both the PB and the HTC than compare them both instead of reading reviews.
    As I mentioned, I already owned a PB. And I've been testing lots of HTC phones, as well from other brand (SonyEricsson, Samsung, LG, etc). And one thing that made me saying that is by my own personal test, HTC has the best quality in term of construction and such.
    But yes, I haven't tested out Flyer myself, perhaps in 2 or 3 weeks.
    From what I experienced, PB has very good build quality despite the warm feeling on the back side after intense usage.
    I read reviews, and never trust it 100% since I will have to do my OWN reviews.
    Don't get me wrong, PB will rules other 7" tablet.. when the time is right
    05-17-11 10:28 PM
    You've missed a lot of threads then.
    05-17-11 10:40 PM
    As always these decisions are personal and not scientific. Even two different reviewers at Engadget will give different results.

But none of that matters. It is you personally and how you use your device that counts. If bridging with your phone matters. If not depending on Gmail matters. If... a million ifs!

Reviewers thoughts don't mean squat after giving you the basic specs facts. Everything else is opinion, and personal opinion at that.

For example, every reviewer on earth will tell me that the latest Ferrari is a better car than my old truck.

But for getting my family around and regular trips to the airport with MUCH luggage, and hauling stuff around the country... I know which is better for me!
    Spawn12 likes this.
    05-18-11 04:29 AM
    Because the Playbook is a hunk of junk. The Android experience is way better than the BB experience, even on the playbook.

Not surprising that nobody on this site is open to the facts that the Playbook isn't that great.
    No pardon me if im missing the sarcasm in your post but please do tell us how the Android experience is better than the BB experience even on the playbook??...in what ways is it better??.

Be careful though as ive played with a few Android tablets myself and can say hand on my heart that they are nowhere as good as the pb is even with the pb's faults and flaws...the pb completely and utterly blows the Android tabs at the moment out of the water.

Whats not surprising is your signature about BB's being a symbol of importance...if thats how you really feel then why have you still got a BB according to your profile and why are you still on here??

Again apologies if i missed the sarcasm in your post but where im sitting, it seems your pretty serious.
    05-18-11 07:16 AM
    I am amazed how defensive some people get about all the bad press Playbook gets. It was just announced that the PB only sold 250,000 units TOTAL (less than what iPad sold in it's first day), so have it it people. Justify, defend, or plug your ears like they do in Waterloo and say 'la la la I can't hear you!'
    05-18-11 11:41 AM
    I am amazed how defensive some people get about all the bad press Playbook gets. It was just announced that the PB only sold 250,000 units TOTAL (less than what iPad sold in it's first day), so have it it people. Justify, defend, or plug your ears like they do in Waterloo and say 'la la la I can't hear you!'
    With basically no marketing until just recently and it hasn't even launched everywhere. No one expected it to sell like the iProducts. Lets see how the HTC Flyer sells...
    05-18-11 12:00 PM
    A good tablet (or phone) experience is greater than the sum of its parts. The Playbook is hardly unique in either specs or features, so the reviewer obviously just felt that the user experience overall was better on the Flyer.

That's why...

Don't see the big deal, obviously many people feel that way, considering the sales numbers for the PB. If it works for you, that's what's important.
    05-18-11 01:32 PM
    Man why does all the stupid flock to the PB section...

It's like the new Storm forums...
    homer1475 likes this.
    05-18-11 01:39 PM
    If it does what you need it to do then it's the perfect device for you.

If it doesn't then it's a compromise between other tablets. Decide which has the most pros for you, buy it and be happy.

If any tablet owners that should be disappointed with their tablet it should be the Adam Notion people but even some of them think it's the best thing out there.

Different strokes for different folks
    05-18-11 02:47 PM
    With basically no marketing until just recently and it hasn't even launched everywhere. No one expected it to sell like the iProducts. Lets see how the HTC Flyer sells...
    No, but they certainly expected better than 250K. Pre-launch expectation was 4 million units in 2011, now forecast is for maybe half that. By most standards, 50% short of target is a failure (mind you, so is a tiny 7" crippled tablet that costs $500 minimum).
    05-18-11 04:05 PM
    Man why does all the stupid flock to the PB section...

It's like the new Storm forums...
    I said this before: I know the trolls are annoying for all the regulars and RIM supports. But I find it interesting that these people are taking time out of their day to come to this forum, sign up and post their biased feelings on the PB. IMH, there are two possibilities here. Either they really have nothing going in their life or the PB is creating buzz and owners of other devices are curious/ defensive about whether they made the right decision with their purchase. This to me is a reflection of the strength of the device and it's competitiveness with it's peers. I'm also sure the traffic is good for the website and advertising dollars while annoying for the regulars. I'd be curious how much traffic has been generated by the PB alone.
    theodoreandon likes this.
    05-19-11 12:43 AM
    Engadget isn't even Engadget any more.. all the good writers bailed and the few good writers remaining, are pretty biased towards anything RIM -- even their BlackBerry "expert" isn't much of a fan of BlackBerry products.

That said, uhh.. who cares?! It's just a review.. some of the points are valid, some are not.. if you're picking up a tablet based on one review and not looking beyond that you've got a screw loose to begin with.

Like it or not, the PlayBook doesn't fit into some peoples lives -- for some, the xoom or the flyer may.. to each their own. I haz a PlayBook.. it suits me just fine.
    chiefbroski likes this.
    05-19-11 05:27 AM
    Yeah, I love my playbook. I just wished that pre-school reviews don't deter many from buying this badboy. Which could mean...higher likelihood for me to actually use the video chat, lol...increased pressure on RIM to fix the bugs since they have money coming in...and I can actually bring it up in a conversation without hearing "Oh, you mean an ipad?"
    or "So its like an ipad?"
    or "Whats the difference from an ipad?"
    or "It's smaller than an ipad"
    or "I didn't know blackberry made ipads"
    or "My daughter has an ipad"
    or "I was thinking of buying an ipad also"
    or "It's the same price as the ipad?"
    or "Its smooth like the ipad"
    or "Does it have apps like the ipad?"
    or "The ipad is cool"
    or "I heard the ipad is better"...

maybe once, maybe, I'll hear "Oh, its a blackberry tablet you say? I heard its a good tablet."
    05-19-11 09:27 AM
    "So its like an ipad?"
    or "Whats the difference from an ipad?"
    or "It's smaller than an ipad"
    or "I didn't know blackberry made ipads"
    or "My daughter has an ipad"
    or "I was thinking of buying an ipad also"
    or "It's the same price as the ipad?"
    or "Its smooth like the ipad"
    or "Does it have apps like the ipad?"
    or "The ipad is cool"
    or "I heard the ipad is better"...

Sorry J/K. It's butter. I heard the playbook is pretty nice and will only get better.
    05-19-11 10:58 AM
    Took back the Playbook on Saturday morning to get the Flyer once I found out it was available at Bestbuy before the official date of 05-22. I have only had for a day and a half but my key word is WOW! It runs so smooth and does what I NEED it to do better than the playbook. I am with AT&T so I've had added issues with the PB. With the Flyer I don't to worry about work arounds, it just does what I need without a hassle. I will say I did like the "card" aspect of the PB. As of right now the 1.5 processor beats the duo core tegra 2. I like them both but after playing with the Flyer at Best Buy I knew it was better for me.
    05-22-11 12:26 PM
    Took back the Playbook on Saturday morning to get the Flyer once I found out it was available at Bestbuy before the official date of 05-22. I have only had for a day and a half but my key word is WOW! It runs so smooth and does what I NEED it to do better than the playbook. I am with AT&T so I've had added issues with the PB. With the Flyer I don't to worry about work arounds, it just does what I need without a hassle. I will say I did like the "card" aspect of the PB. As of right now the 1.5 processor beats the duo core tegra 2. I like them both but after playing with the Flyer at Best Buy I knew it was better for me.
    So much so that you rushed home, created a crackberry profile and dedicated your first post to letting us know...... How sweet! Wrong forum though but trust me the thought counts.
    05-22-11 12:32 PM
    I would love to see this Single core running Lagdroid outperform a dual core running QNX. XD. Funny. People are already saying the Xoom slows down after a bit if use.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-11 12:40 PM
    I've had my profile since 2008 when I got my 8110 then moved on to my 9000, then 9700 and now 9800 so don't question my motives. I'm just giving MY opinion on it doing what I want.
    Last edited by Snow-_-; 05-22-11 at 12:43 PM.
    05-22-11 12:40 PM
    I've had my profile since 2008 when I got my 8110 then moved on to my 9000, then 9700 and now 9800 so don't question my motives. I'm just giving MY opinion on it doing what I want.
    How dare someone question your motive? Who did it?

p.s. now we know you have a motive.
    theodoreandon likes this.
    05-22-11 03:07 PM
    If I'm wrong on any of these, please correct me.
    The Flyer has flash suport as well. Any Android device with 2.2+ has flash.

I agree with you though. I find the PB to be a more attractive and capable device than the Flyer.

I honestly can care less about tablets right now though. Until my smartphone can't do 95% of what a tablet can do, I won't even consider one.
    05-22-11 03:25 PM
    I am enjoying my PlayBook but I have to admit the LightScribe Pen is pretty awesome....
    05-22-11 05:50 PM
    What issues did you have with AT&T with the playbook that you don't have with the flyer? I know the bridge thing, right? Well lets see the playbook is a wifi tab and is the flyer? Sorry I don't see how you had added issues with AT&T as you aren't getting bbm etc. and web access with the flyer either right?

Other than that hope you enjoy the flyer there are gadgets for everyone.
    05-22-11 06:35 PM
80 1234
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD