Downloaded Fast Browser based on the recommendations here. Wasted my money, youtube videos do not run and I can't sign in to my youtube account.
    Only ways to sign in are from Android sideloads that work on the PB:

- Tubemate (requires manual sideloading)
    - Dolphin Browser (in BB World)
    - Maxthon (BB World)

I don't have the PB any more, but I found Tubemate worked really well.
    09-10-15 03:02 PM
    I used to love the stock YouTube app that comes with the PlayBook even though it doesn't have many options but worked great. Lately the YouTube app no longer worked. Sadly my PlayBook is just sitting there collecting dust now.

To BB or not to BBBBBB...?
    09-10-15 03:39 PM
    Only ways to sign in are from Android sideloads that work on the PB:

- Tubemate (requires manual sideloading)
    - Dolphin Browser (in BB World)
    - Maxthon (BB World)

I don't have the PB any more, but I found Tubemate worked really well.
    Thanks I totally forgot about sideloading haha. I converted the TubeMate.apk to TubeMate.bar file and installed it on my PlayBook and now I'm a happy camper - can now watch movies on the PlayBook and do some serious studying on my laptop again.

anon(5597702) likes this.
    09-10-15 05:43 PM
    Playbook youtube app for me hasn't work correctly in years. It's laggy and doesnt play 3/4 of the videos. I just go to mobile site and grumble the whole time while it loads, but at least plays it.

Didn't realize playbook had fast tube, I use it on passport and like it

Posted via CB10
    09-11-15 12:59 AM
    Not sure you guys can't get the mobile site of Youtube on Origami - it keeps giving me the desktop site.
    10-10-15 01:37 PM
    Frost browser works as well - let's you login to m.youtube.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-15 04:30 PM
    Thanks I totally forgot about sideloading haha. I converted the TubeMate.apk to TubeMate.bar file and installed it on my PlayBook and now I'm a happy camper - can now watch movies on the PlayBook and do some serious studying on my laptop again.

I'll try it, too
    10-19-15 07:05 PM
    The image breakup and no full screen view problems when accessing YouTube through the Playbook's browser seem to be with Desktop view. And from my attempts, searching in the browser or setting the site to Mobile doesn't work as it always just reverts to Desktop Mode.

While on a site called Alexa I did come across a link to the Mobile Mode. Once on YouTube you can search and the videos usually play smoothly. And double tapping gives the full screen.

Here's the Alexa link along with the Google search I had: google.com Site Overview
    From there the Mobile YouTube site's link is about half way down. It's described as:
    m. youtube. com/ ?app =m

So, as far as I can tell, accessing YouTube through the Playbook's browser can play a video at full screen nicely but only if it's the Mobile site. But regular Playbook browser searches or bookmarking don't want to select Mobile.

Maybe someone has a more direct Mobile site link for bookmarking?
    11-21-15 01:03 PM
    I have the Origami Browser. Can you explain in detail how i can use it to access YouTube? I am not very tech savvy and I am an old fart.
    12-08-15 05:33 PM
    I have the Origami Browser. Can you explain in detail how i can use it to access YouTube? I am not very tech savvy and I am an old fart.
    Go to www.youtube.com but sign in doesn't function as expected. Nevertheless, you can still view vudeos.

Posted via CB10
    12-08-15 05:49 PM
35 12