View Poll Results: How do you rate your PB?

Voters
308. You may not vote on this poll
  • Excellent

129 41.88%
  • Good

116 37.66%
  • Adequate

27 8.77%
  • Poor

20 6.49%
  • Terrible

16 5.19%
    Lots of new owners coming on board thanks to RIM's aggressive pricing and it being the gift giving season it's time for a fresh forum poll.

Whether you were an early PB adopter or got it (or will have gotten it) recently as a gift, how do you rate your Playbook?

Note: This is an open and time limited poll.
    12-10-11 09:13 AM
    Want a tablet with the right stuff, and no shortage of speed, then the Playbook is for you. If not, then buy an Etch-A-Sketch or one of its clones.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    12-10-11 09:21 AM
    I use my PB for about 5-6 hours each day, and love every minute of it. I use my PC less then 10 minutes a day. The playbook has become inreplaceable for me. Feb 2012 will start the playbook movement I'm certain.
    peter9477 likes this.
    12-10-11 09:24 AM
    I voted 'Excellent'...but then I don't have a big basis for comparison. I've played with an iPad for a few minutes and never really looked at any of the others... My heart still gives a little leap when I pull my PB out and I see that brilliant clear screen however...
    12-10-11 09:31 AM
    For the price I paid, it's excellent--but not at full retail.
    12-10-11 09:41 AM
    I voted 'good' because there is no audio via bluetooth, and Word To Go and Adobe PDF reader are primitive. Other than that I love the thing!
    12-10-11 09:44 AM
    Good here because it still has it's share of problems and non functioning components. Now start another one after those things are done and my vote will be excellent.
    bounce007 and rleo25 like this.
    12-10-11 09:53 AM
    excellent. I use mine many hours p/day. It has the best hardware and "feel in hand". The PlayBook's QNX is also my favorite tablet OS by far. Its so smooth, intuitive, simple and powerful at the same time. I feel this is the best thought out tablet on the market.
    12-10-11 09:55 AM
    Good here because it still has it's share of problems and non functioning components. Now start another one after those things are done and my vote will be excellent.
    It's still a nascent device to be sure. Plenty of development to come if, and I say if, RIM can weather this transitory tempest.
    12-10-11 09:58 AM
    For the price I paid, it's excellent--but not at full retail.
    I purchased back in May and have used it constantly ever since. Laptop sits for weeks at a time now. I've beat on this OS trying to find its limits and it comes up smelling like a rose every time. The device still looks brand new for crying out loud (knock wood). Very happy camper here.
    12-10-11 10:05 AM
    The PlayBook is a "very good" tablet IMO, however it still needs some important "things" to make it an excellent tablet. Like, A2DP, auto correct, ect. ......IMO
    12-10-11 10:08 AM
    It's still a nascent device to be sure. Plenty of development to come if, and I say if, RIM can weather this transitory tempest.
    I agree, huge potential. I've played with the others and even though they are much more mature etc. I still prefer my baby PB that is growing up more all the time.
    The PlayBook is a "very good" tablet IMO, however it still needs some important "things" to make it an excellent tablet. Like, A2DP, auto correct, ect. ......IMO
    If there had been a choice of very good that would've been my vote.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 12-10-11 at 10:11 AM. Reason: add
    Spencerdl and CDM76 like this.
    12-10-11 10:08 AM
    We now have four PlayBooks in the family, I voted good. If you do this survey when 2.0 is out I expect I'll be voting excellent.
    12-10-11 10:17 AM
    I agree, huge potential. I've played with the others and even though they are much more mature etc. I still prefer my baby PB that is growing up more all the time.

If there had been a choice of very good that would've been my vote.
    LOL....I guess thats called "add libb", I'm good at that
    I figured that "good" would suffice for "very good" to "pretty good" with those two potential opts canceling out to arrive at a mean result.
    Spencerdl likes this.
    I use mine all the time. The multitasking, swiping and touching experience is still magical.
    My main complaint is that when one wants to attach a file, one has to go through all the files of the same type, because the folders are ignored. OK, I also would like to have kindle, on the other hand, I have my iPad with a bigger screen for that.
    I love the bridge.
    So, altogether excellent.
    12-10-11 10:21 AM
    I was about to cast my vote for excellent ! but as many of you on a better tought There are some software develpomments needed to make the hardware potential of the Playbook shine !
    12-10-11 10:22 AM
    Took me quite some time to think what answer to vote for.

The Playbook is excellent in some aspects (for instance, sound, UI)

It is good although the "good" option is kind of vague. Good to what degree? It has good hardware to support the OS, good screen, good camera, but is it good enough for me to consider the Playbook if I had to choose among other tablets for free? No, the Playbook wouldn't even be the second or third option.

Adequate? No way. The Playbook is not adequate as it fails to do basic things other tablets have as standard features. The very notion of a tablet is, IMO, a portable device with EASY access to your email and other communication capabilities (e.g. instant messaging). Why is this not "Average"? I would more readily vote good than adequate, which violates the principle of transitivity in the poll options.

Bad? Yes. Compared to other fully-functional tablets, this is the natural choice. If you did redo the poll in February, I would probably choose "Adequate/Average". And if Skype and other standard apps were developed for the Playbook by then, then I would vote "Good".
    Last edited by jonqdoe; 12-10-11 at 10:47 AM.
    12-10-11 10:40 AM
    Hi! I live in Italy. Have buy a Playbook at the last week. For me the RIM Playbook is the most innovation of tecnology.. in past i use Galaxy Tab, Ipad1/2 and much more smartpone and tablet. In this moment, the Playbook is the most amazing, and the price is very very best! I Pay 299� is the 400$ dollar..
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-10-11 10:45 AM
    Took me quite some time to think what answer to vote for.

The Playbook is excellent in some aspects (for instance, sound, UI)

It is good although the "good" option is kind of vague. Good to what degree? It has good hardware to support the OS, good screen, good camera, but is it good enough for me to consider the Playbook if I had to choose among other tablets for free? No, the Playbook wouldn't even be the second or third option.

Adequate? No way. The Playbook is not adequate as it fails to do basic things other tablets have as standard features. The very notion of a tablet is, IMO, a portable device with EASY access to your email and other communication capabilities (e.g. instant messaging). Why is this not "Average"? I would more readily vote good than adequate, which violates the principle of transitivity in the poll options.

Bad? Yes. Compared to other fully-functional tablets, this is the natural choice. If you did redo the poll in February, I would probably choose "Adequate/Average". And if Skype and other standard apps are developed for the Playbook, then I would vote "Good".
    I chose the opt "adequate" over "average" because there is no real average tablet metric. "Adequate" connotes an averaging of perhaps good to poor sentiment to arrive at a mean. Taking the good with the poor if you will.
    12-10-11 10:52 AM
    Good based on OS2 beta software to date. Hopefully fantastic when OS2 released.

Excellent Playbook hardware. All hardware factors considered - better than other current tablets & even not yet released tablets!

Discounted price makes it a steal!
    12-10-11 11:01 AM
    How about the option---- "It is lost somewhere in the postal system."
    12-10-11 11:13 AM
    I've had mine since week one. I still use my laptop a lot at home and my desktop at the office, but the PlayBook is all I rely on when I travel.
    For that, it's excellent.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    12-10-11 11:16 AM
    My experience with PB started from being good to adequate to poor to borderline terrible by now, but I voted for poor anyways given 'tis the season of holidays.
    When I bought the playbook on the 18th of april it was one of he best, but slowly but surely given what has gone down in the last eight months, and how RIM failed over and over aand over again, it is less useful or have less functionality than the cheapest tablet out there.
    12-10-11 11:34 AM
    How about the option---- "It is lost somewhere in the postal system."
    Oh no! Or someone else is enjoying it.
    oldtimeBBaddict likes this.
    12-10-11 11:38 AM
142 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD