lol im ready I have had this thread bookmarked cause I am ready to make my statement when it does come it before Oct 31st
    I eagerly await your statement.

Of course, if AT&T hasn't released the 9900 by November 1 (which is entirely possible as sad as that is), then I reserve the right to wait for my payout until such time that the 9900 is released on AT&T or I move to Verizon, whichever comes first.
    09-16-11 12:00 PM
    What? Do you have this thread in a tickler file?
    Yes. Yes I do.
    09-16-11 12:00 PM
    When is the end of summer in the great white north?
    Well, since it is 10 C today, I'm willing to go out on a limb and say equinox schmequinox, summer is over.
    09-16-11 12:11 PM
    So with Rims too little too late business plan we did learned yesterday Canadian summer ends after Devcon 2011. Rim will hold Playbook update so they have something to talk about.
    09-16-11 01:17 PM
    I guess it is too late - summer is over.

Our forecast:

"with wet weather arriving this weekend and a lowering snow level, high country campers and hikers will want to be prepared for some snow down to about 6,000'!"
    09-16-11 10:07 PM
    lol im ready I have had this thread bookmarked cause I am ready to make my statement when it does come it before Oct 31st
    So... I'm ready for your statement now. And I am ready for the $500 you offered to pay.
    ericlc2 and shakestheclown999 like this.
    10-30-11 08:20 AM
    So... I'm ready for your statement now. And I am ready for the $500 you offered to pay.
    Ah, thanks. I could not remember who made that bet/offer! Maybe let it ride and he/she will offer double or nothing on the EXPECTED February date! Oh, and did it snow in Waterloo during their extended Summer?
    10-30-11 10:08 AM
    Honor demands that these bets be settled.
    10-30-11 10:14 AM
    What is this a "neener neener" resurrection?

If so, I think I made a bet that someone.. was it F2? would buy me a playbook if I did not stay out of the forums after devcon....honor demands that bets be settled.
    10-30-11 11:14 AM
    Stay in, stay out. What did you finally decide?
    10-30-11 11:55 AM
    What is this a "neener neener" resurrection?

If so, I think I made a bet that someone.. was it F2? would buy me a playbook if I did not stay out of the forums after devcon....honor demands that bets be settled.
    On that similar track, can you help point me to that thread where you were bragging about buying RIM stock after a temporary rally and then it quickly dived again? I think it had "I told you so" in the title.

I'm also looking for that absurdly designed "binary" poll you created which was criticized by a lot of people but you kept insisting that "polls don't lie." Because there's a couple of current polls on the front page which I'm curious to get your thoughts on.
    10-30-11 12:25 PM
    Gotta say RIM deserves all these posts. I hope they read it and slap themselves on the side of the head.

Hopefully this is why they say OS 2 will be released February 2012. That way if they release it before then maybe, just maybe, it's RIM trying to rebuild ppls perception of the company. Doubt it, history shows contrary but would be nice.

Cause I'm real tired of hearing the same "Summer" joke.
    Last edited by steve911; 10-30-11 at 12:54 PM.
    10-30-11 12:48 PM
    Cause I'm real tired of hearing the same "Summer" joke.
    Heh-Heh... then you'll be really tired by the time of the February no-show.

RIM's VP statement said: "We expect to deliver the new BlackBerry PlayBook OS to customers in February 2012". A later release will contain BBM. That's my emphasis, but an expectation does not a firm release date make!

From my end, I expect this February date to come and go just like all the others.

But I agree, the joke is getting old now, and RIM should stop making these date announcements as it simply adds to the ridicule when they miss them. Does anyone, really, really... deep down, still believe these dates?

I'm genuinely curious to know. And at what point do you stop believing the boy crying "wolf!"?
    ADGrant and mickrg123 like this.
    10-30-11 01:08 PM
    HAHAHAHA Considering I had inside information that it was going to be out by Oct 31st, I refuse to pay up because this delay was a last minute decision by RIM. For all tends and purposes, I had a safe bet. So no... I will not be paying up whatsoever!

Have a great day!
    10-30-11 01:24 PM
    i believe any countries above equator are set to have same dates of seasons. below equator have their own.
    10-30-11 01:25 PM
    HAHAHAHA Considering I had inside information that it was going to be out by Oct 31st, I refuse to pay up because this delay was a last minute decision by RIM. For all tends and purposes, I had a safe bet. So no... I will not be paying up whatsoever!

Have a great day!
    When you make a "safe bet" and lose you are all the more obligated to pay up as you had the odds stacked in in your favor and yet lost.

Myself though, I'll let you off the hook in the spirit of Crackberry camaraderie.
    10-30-11 01:29 PM
    HAHAHAHA Considering I had inside information that it was going to be out by Oct 31st...
    I've always believed that there was an "Oh Sh1t" moment shortly before DevCon that led to OS2 being rapidly pulled. All that hype, the leapfrog quote, then... Nada!

Did your inside source reveal what the problem was? I'm curious to know.
    Last edited by JeepBB; 10-30-11 at 01:44 PM. Reason: Spelling. Even in a Playbook forum, it matters. :)
    10-30-11 01:33 PM

Have a great day!
    LOL wow, did you really make a bet and now that you've lost you wont pay off. LOL, RIM defenders are exactly like RIM themselves. No honor or dignity. Rofl

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    JeepBB likes this.
    10-30-11 02:02 PM
    I've always believed that there was an "Oh Sh1t" moment shortly before DevCon that led to OS2 being rapidly pulled. All that hype, the leapfrog quote, then... Nada!

more or less it came down QNX and the BIS/BES network aren't playing nicely together and still getting it to play nicely with the old BBOS
    10-30-11 02:31 PM
    Ha, now I see, that's why I cant get Bluetooth, spell check, native email. Rim apologists need to take blinders off did you forget already Storm 1 & 2? Need to start making excuses for Rim missing the February date.
    10-30-11 02:41 PM
    more or less it came down QNX and the BIS/BES network aren't playing nicely together and still getting it to play nicely with the old BBOS
    Ahhh... so to summarise your summary (), RIMs existing network architecture won't mesh with QNX. QNX being at the core of both the Playbook and their next gen phones.

Oh dear. (Yes, understatement has always been a gift!)

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall when that hit the fan... and I'm not sure that four months until February is enough time to sort out a fundamental architectural issue of that sort. I wonder if we'll have more network outages as they try?

Still... February is only an "expected" date. Nobody will be too concerned if RIM's expectations are dashed, surely...?
    10-30-11 03:11 PM

One word: RIM!
    10-30-11 03:42 PM
    On that similar track, can you help point me to that thread where you were bragging about buying RIM stock after a temporary rally and then it quickly dived again? I think it had "I told you so" in the title.

I'm also looking for that absurdly designed "binary" poll you created which was criticized by a lot of people but you kept insisting that "polls don't lie." Because there's a couple of current polls on the front page which I'm curious to get your thoughts on.
    I wish I could find that one! I think it was moved or deleted.

Because at the time I think RIMM was at 23 or so - the beginning of August I believe - soon thereafter it went up to 32 and I sold before devcon. Made a VERY healthy return for three months!! 30% in a quarter year!! So.. I told you so!

Not only do you people need to know when to buy, you also need to know when to sell - I recommend a BUY right now...
    I still insist that polls don't lie. There is a non-binary, non-ridiculous poll out now with similar results, taken AFTER devcon with full knowledge of no OS2 until february ..happy?

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...aybook-664638/

Happy to give you my thoughts/ recommendations any time....
    What's the question?
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-30-11 at 04:44 PM.
    10-30-11 03:51 PM
    Stay in, stay out. What did you finally decide?
    I'm in, because staying out would make the wrong people happy. The ones I want to go away. I'm not surrendering the Crackberry Nation to the ipad/android border crossers anytime soon.

also - the mods have been doing a MUCH better job controlling the place since then - implemented a new infraction system.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-30-11 at 04:12 PM.
    10-30-11 03:55 PM
    Ha, now I see, that's why I cant get Bluetooth, spell check, native email. Rim apologists need to take blinders off did you forget already Storm 1 & 2? Need to start making excuses for Rim missing the February date.
    ahh another one burned by the Storm...causing permanent blindness..

What's storm got to do with the current state of affairs?

You really need to upgrade so you can take advantage of the native email that you seek, along with more amazing features....
    It's simple really, no need to wait until February.
    Last edited by blackjack93117; 10-30-11 at 04:05 PM.
    10-30-11 03:58 PM
109 ... 2345
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD