Playbook on it's last legs, looked around the Nexus 7 quad core next. Hope it's as good as my Playbook was.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:17 AM
    Depending on what you use it for... most any modern tablet is going to be as "good". Speakers are the only thing that the PlayBook's hardware still outperforms on against most tablets out there.

Wife has an iPad and it's a pretty good device. Have played with a few Android Tablets (just don't like the UI), and two friends have new Dell Venue Pro Tablets.... have to say these would be my choice at the moment.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-14-14 09:37 AM
    That's a heartbreaker. I know I'll be bummed when mine finally gives it up. Good luck with whatever you replace it with.
    07-14-14 09:38 AM
    Thanks. Let's hope blackberry make another playbook

Posted via CB10
    07-14-14 09:43 AM
    Mine died too recently, the screen started glitching out for some reason and I only had it less than a year. I liked the tablet it was one of those things I had been waiting forever to use specially with blackberry bridge. Unfortunately it's not as good now as it once was. I really want another a tablet with QNX! If I had to pick another tablet I think I would go with a galaxy tab 3 or 4. I'm not to fond of andriod but it makes for an alright tablet operating system. The nexus 7 is good but I would be using the tablet to consume media so the expandable storage is a sticking point unless I had a connected nexus which allowed me to acess stuff from the cloud.

Posted via Q10 a device that doesn't bleed personal information
    07-14-14 11:01 AM
    I feel you men and thinking to buy a new tablet because some things getting not better and I think they must give us an update for some apps

Still using my playbook with alternative browser, mp3 player and more but what we need is app upgrade.

I wait till oktober to decide and must say using my Z30 also as tablet. Also writing articles on it.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 05:31 AM
    Both our playbooks were sold on ebay a couple of weeks back. My wife needs to play training videos that aren't always supported on playbook.
    Now using a very nice Kindle Fire HDX. Was a bit worried about it being consumer focussed, but works well. Just need to use Dolphin browser for any sites featuring flash, but they're becoming less common.
    mh1983 likes this.
    07-15-14 06:47 AM
    Why dont u guys try the Xperia Tablet Z/Z2?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-14 06:52 AM
    Yeah, I know the feeling. I had a bit of a scare with the PB a week ago where the battery drained overnight. Charged and started fine, but power button suddenly stopped working properly. Rebooted the tablet after a full charge, and it fixed itself. I know it's much larger, but there's a part of me which would seriously throw caution to the wind and pick up an MS Surface 3. Much larger form factor, but does double as a very portable laptop. And yes, I'm aware of the price difference between that and an Android tablet, but the surface would be a much more useful device in my day-to-day usage. As much as I like the open nature of the Android tablets/phones, for some reason I just can't get warmed up to them.
    07-15-14 07:37 AM
    I think I understand your hesitation. I wouldn't mind a tablet with windows at all. The real trick is size. They need a smaller windows based tablet. That right there would be my bread and butter.

07-15-14 09:01 AM
    07-15-14 09:09 AM
    A few days using nexus 7 quad and pleasantly surprised with it so far. A nice size and very fast.

Posted via CB10
    mh1983, anon1727506 and fschmeck like this.
    07-15-14 09:37 AM
    Oh snap! And it's a fair price. All it needs is expandable memory and it's perfect. Although I wonder if bit would work with a leefbridge

07-15-14 11:37 AM
    Disregard that. Apparently I missed the part that mention the expandable memory. This is my next tablet.

mh1983 likes this.
    07-15-14 11:41 AM
    Try the Samsung galaxy products 8.4. It is incredibly small and light, has more screen real estate and has a faster processor and better screen. And you can add an sd card. I have one to complement my Sony xperia z, and bought a keypad/case to go to other it, which works very well. Skip the nexus.
    07-15-14 06:06 PM
    I have one. It ismuch larger, great for home but traveling I take my Sammy galaxy pro 8.4, which is a great little tablet. Buy an mhl adaptor and it can plug into your tv.
    07-15-14 06:10 PM
    I purchased my PlayBook after I got one for my Dad.
    Setting it up and playing around with it, made me want one of these tablets.
    Never regretted my purchase, and I got to show off features to my Apple friends made me happy, they were astounded at the speakers,and the capability to run a videochat and still update my calendar, check a contact and send off an email all at the same time.
    Blackberry had a power house of a machine, too bad they neglected the PlayBook.

But I also enjoy my 2013 Nexus 7 tablet now.
    castoridae likes this.
    07-21-14 01:11 AM
    I think the Blackberry Passport is what the "Playbook 2" should look like.
    Sent from my Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk
    07-21-14 01:36 AM
    Disregard that. Apparently I missed the part that mention the expandable memory. This is my next tablet.

I have a Dell Venue Pro 8. Got it when it first came out late last year. It's OK. Win8.1 full desktop is tiny on it, but it's nice to have full Windows and full Office apps. The Metro (?) versions of the apps can be hit or miss. I have the stylus so that helps when using full windows. I mostly use this tablet to take handwritten notes in One Note. It has Miracast but no hdmi out. This makes it a pain to connect to work projectors.

I just picked up my old PlayBook recently. Prefer the 7" size. Felt like an old friend. I would definitely buy PlayBook 2 if it came out.

BTW, one the things I miss the most on the Dell tablet is the ability to delete words by swiping to the left on the keyboard. I know that's a BlackBerry 10 thing, but I can't believe how useful that is!

Posted via CB10
    07-21-14 02:30 AM