From another thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13586737

I assume that Playbook will become unusable after the wipe since Jan 2020. Am I right?
    06-12-21 04:44 PM
    From another thread:
    https://forums.crackberry.com/showth...1#post13586737

I assume that Playbook will become unusable after the wipe since Jan 2020. Am I right?
    If you wipe after Jan, yes, it will brick.
    06-12-21 05:19 PM
    Thanks for confirming that.
    I did wipe my Playbooks in the past few times but only before changing the owner.
    So, in 2022, the remaining Playbooks will become personal items.
    And if PB owners want to replenish their inventories, they need to do that in 2021.
    Probably, to change the batteries (if needed) in 2021 as well.
    06-13-21 08:00 AM
    I think the Playbook has officially from BlackBerry been considered end of life already for quite some time hasn't it? I guess this upcoming 4Jan2022 deadline will however make them even more limited in terms of future use, unless we find out something different.
    06-13-21 09:31 AM
    like 10 years ago. lol.
    09-05-21 09:15 AM
    Well, Thor promised that BB10 is coming to the PlayBook. So, let's see!
    howarmat likes this.
    09-05-21 07:59 PM
    If you wipe after Jan, yes, it will brick.
    Won't it be a brick even if you wipe it before? Doesn't playbook require bbid?

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mikael11; 09-06-21 at 05:07 AM.
    09-06-21 04:56 AM
    Won't it be a brick even if you wipe it before? Doesn't playbook require bbid?

Posted via CB10
    The current issue with BB10 is an expired certificate on the devices themselves. I don't know if the PlayBook is in the same boat or not.
    09-06-21 07:17 AM
    The current issue with BB10 is an expired certificate on the devices themselves. I don't know if the PlayBook is in the same boat or not.
    Ok, that's new for me. Thought it was a server issue!

Posted via CB10
    09-06-21 09:40 AM
    Ok, that's new for me. Thought it was a server issue!

Posted via CB10
    This is why the problem will likely never be properly fixed, as it would take an OS update to resolve.
    09-06-21 10:06 AM
    I powered up my PlayBook today after a month, and I see that it asks for BBID. I see that it keeps nagging for login if you select cancel. Is this the kind of functionality I can expect after January 4th, or do we know if we will still be able to login on the PlayBook? If not, is there a work around? If I leave the device on forever, will it ever ask for login again? At this point, I'd be happy to use this device as a dedicated calendar / clock that stays on like "FlipClockGlow." Device becomes basically useless if login nag is endless.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-21 12:28 PM
    I powered up my PlayBook today after a month, and I see that it asks for BBID. I see that it keeps nagging for login if you select cancel. Is this the kind of functionality I can expect after January 4th, or do we know if we will still be able to login on the PlayBook? If not, is there a work around? If I leave the device on forever, will it ever ask for login again? At this point, I'd be happy to use this device as a dedicated calendar / clock that stays on like "FlipClockGlow." Device becomes basically useless if login nag is endless.

Posted via CB10
    There likely isn't a workaround because the BBID can't be removed from a PlayBook like it can from a BB10 device.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    10-10-21 12:38 PM

Posted via CB10
    Could you not just put it in airplane mode then leave a clock app running while plugged in forever or until it dies? I'm not familiar with FlipClockGlow and not sure if you can keep the screen on altho I seem to recall a method to do so. Check on the PlayBook forum for the method to keep the screen alive. Calendar is probably a no-go though.
    10-10-21 12:56 PM
    Actually FlipClockGlow does provide the date and time, and it does keep the display on. I guess keeping the device in airplane mode might be a good idea to prevent it from calling home for login. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-10-21 01:10 PM
    Actually FlipClockGlow does provide the date and time, and it does keep the display on. I guess keeping the device in airplane mode might be a good idea to prevent it from calling home for login. Time will tell.

Posted via CB10
    Might prevent you from getting time updates as well....
    Enyigma likes this.
    10-11-21 07:42 AM