No one here is deluded. Only people of other platforms are deluded. i.e. iSheep, roids, etc.

They blindly follow products that get released.
    Truth.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    06-28-12 11:30 PM
    No one here is deluded. Only people of other platforms are deluded. i.e. iSheep, roids, etc.

They blindly follow products that get released.
    need i point you to the dozens of threads from a few days ago when people were saying there is NO way bb10 would be delayed and recommending that people who were saying so be banned and calling them trolls? nobody here is deluded?
    buchacho likes this.
    06-28-12 11:32 PM
    Unfortunately, even if BB10 is "Super" the major issue will be lack of apps since after that earnings call I can hear the Devs exiting their BB SDK's and heading over to WP8. The failure to develop the app space will be the ultimate demise regardless of how good BB10 is. I have never been one for apps but this is the landscape in which we live and RIM has been steam rolled on this one many times over. Take a look at their efforts for apps for the PB, the hope that was come the Android player the apps will explode. This has hardly been the case - there are more apps but its more crap than anything else. BB10 will follow the same pattern, an awesome UI experience sans app ecosystem = poor sales. The awesomeness of what BB10 might be will not be able to lure away those embedded in other platforms. 9 months from now WP Marketplace will probably be approaching 200K apps with WP8 phones touting baked-in Skype (VoIP) interoperability working seamlessly with Surface through SkyDrive and MS Office (ARM version has to be on its way). Apple and Google will offer similar end-to-end user experiences. This is the bigger picture and problem that has no immediate solution for RIM and that is smartphones are no longer single "closed" entities but are integral parts of a greater communications infrastructure - Apple, Google and Microsoft have it - RIM does not.

It pains me to write this...but no matter how "Super" BB10 is I am sorry to say IMO this by itself will not rescue RIM.
    now THAT ^ is truth, bb10 can't outweigh the folly of it's own existence.
    06-28-12 11:33 PM
    need i point you to the dozens of threads from a few days ago when people were saying there is NO way bb10 would be delayed and recommending that people who were saying so be banned and calling them trolls? nobody here is deluded?
    My bad. Sarcasm doesn't translate well. I should of topped my former post with this: or this

It seems strange that so many posters here are fine with labeling another platforms users as some kind of farm animal yet are perfectly willing to chase a carrot on a stick and that is perfectly normal.

Maybe after this latest delay people will be a little more cautious and look inward before slapping on labels.

Anyone from the outside looking in can't help but notice that RIM has it's own blind herd.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06-29-12 at 04:33 AM.
    06-29-12 04:22 AM
    I don't actually understand what RIM are doing. They are all talk and no action IMO.

They aren't even trying!
    06-29-12 04:25 AM
    RIM built it's brand on professionalism and business reliability. They took their eye off the ball with PB and then by recycling the same old handsets with out-dated OS and lack of apps. Now the great saviour is BB10 which will be delayed for up to 9 months. Not professional or good business practise. I think the first BB10 phone should be branded the "BB SOON" as it all that seems to come from RIM these days. It is not the end by any means, but it is the beginning of their demise. Poor management and poor decisions have seriously affected a potentially good company with good products from competing in the market. Some customers will wait while others leave and there is nothing to really attract new customers. The AAs (Apple & Android) are whipping the backside of BB in the smartphone & tablet market!!
    Last edited by Opteva; 06-29-12 at 04:50 AM.
    06-29-12 04:38 AM
    True, leapfrog has sold more tablets than rim
    drum likes this.
    06-29-12 04:42 AM
    Unfortunately, even if BB10 is "Super" the major issue will be lack of apps ...
    To me lack of apps isn't even the major issue.
    It's not individual BIS users switching to Android and Apple that will decide RIM's fate it is corporate and government customers. These end users are usually limited in the apps they can install anyway.
    If corporate IT planners around the world lose faith in RIM and switch to a competitor RIM is screwed. One corporate customer equals 1000s of end users. This trickles down to individual users as well. My wife has a Blackberry because I do, allowing PIN to PIN messaging. If my employer drops Blackberry my wife's next device is going to be whatever I have also.

My OS6 Torch isn't due for replacement until May 2013 so I can wait for BB10. Is BB10 going to be available to me in May and is my employer still going to be supporting Blackberry or will they be switching to an ActiveSync based solution and phasing out BES support?
    ActiveSync would seem to be a more viable, cost effective, solution than adding Mobile Fusion to BES.

I really hope RIM survives. I like the mobile devices, BES and my Playbook but their actions over the past two years is like watching someone commit suicide, very slowly. It wouldn't take much for Google, Apple or Microsoft to end RIM's life at any time if they decided to.
    06-29-12 08:03 AM
    If any of you still thinks BB10 will ever be on the PB, I've got a bridge to sell you. I'm startled that so many people are so deluded, it makes me weep for mankind.
    RIM is toast...there use to be one poster on here that kept saying it was a good time to buy their stock. I think he's probably penniless now. Hard to watch a company that had a virtual lock on wireless email throw it all away. I wonder who will make apps and accessories for these guys going forward?
    06-29-12 08:41 AM
    I think that most enthusiasts are thoroughly frustrated with RIM right now. We read tech news daily and I also keep up with Android and iOS news pretty religiously.

However, lets not forget that the vast majority of people out there are NOT enthusiasts. They go to the store and want a phone. Right now, Apple and Android have the coolest looking and most feature rich phones for reasons already discussed--albeit a little stale.

However, once BB10 is on the market (IF it makes it) then the typical consumer will just see another touchscreen phone that they may like. There are a lot of people who are tired of Android and iOS devices simply because they have been out for years and haven't changed remarkably. iOS is still a boring grid of icons like it always has been and Android looks pretty much the same too.

If BB10 makes it to market it will be one of two brand new kids on the block. I think Windows 8 will do better but there may still be a market and a reason for people to choose a Blackberry at that point.

That is, if the company is broken up and sold by then. BB10 has features that Apple, Google or Windows may want to bake into their own systems without pesky patent lawsuits. I don't own any shares of any of these companies by the way.
    06-29-12 08:57 AM
    RIM stock is currently $7.58 and falling.

Research in Motion Ltd., CA:RIM Quick Chart - (TOR) CA:RIM, Research in Motion Ltd. Stock Price - BigCharts.com

And the speculation as to who will buy RIM is already starting:
    http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/who-co...=main;carousel
    Last edited by BoloMKXXVIII; 06-29-12 at 12:56 PM.
    06-29-12 11:38 AM
    The Doors from the seventies had a tune, something like "This is the end". Perhaps this troll is actually Jim Morrison? Orpheus 66 has revealed his true self by semantic comparison, like the sightings of Elvis we are witness to Jim Morrison.
    06-29-12 07:17 PM
    The Doors from the seventies had a tune, something like "This is the end". Perhaps this troll is actually Jim Morrison? Orpheus 66 has revealed his true self by semantic comparison, like the sightings of Elvis we are witness to Jim Morrison.
    Go to page 2 of this thread & see post #29
    06-29-12 10:46 PM
    The latest financial report from RIM is not a good one. With a loss of approximately 30% in sales, the question that begs to be answered is...

How risky is it to purchase a Playbook that may not have a company supporting it one year from now?

I have been researching tablets and the Playbook by far has received the most accolades of any tablet excluding the iPad. That being said, I decided that the Playbook is the device that best suits my business and personal needs. From its seamless document integration and powerful business tools to "the best" tablet browser on the market, IMHO- this is the best overall value in the tablet market today.

But what is the real value of the device if a year from now RIM files bankruptcy protection and us users don't have anywhere to turn for support or a company backing its product?

I would love to hear thoughts and comments from the community on this issue before i go out and purchase one

Peace,

Slider
    06-29-12 11:14 PM
    What a laugh for me. Someone else thought the something. Thanks for pointing it out. Only read like every other pages and missed that one. I think very appropriate and funny.
    06-30-12 07:01 AM
    But THE BOTTOM LINE IS:

Should I layout $300 on a PB and roll the dice that RIM will be around in a year to support it?
    06-30-12 08:50 AM
    But THE BOTTOM LINE IS:

Should I layout $300 on a PB and roll the dice that RIM will be around in a year to support it?
    Bottom line is you get it for what it can do now not what it may do. Works for me now supported or not. Do I want more, better, sure.

Edit: point being even if RIM close their doors today the pb will still work like it does today.
    Last edited by kbz1960; 06-30-12 at 09:00 AM. Reason: You see
    06-30-12 08:54 AM
    If RIM stop supporting the PB, we can petition to them to give us a way to root the thing so we could install WebOS/Ubuntu or whatever on it.
    06-30-12 09:02 AM
    If RIM stop supporting the PB, we can petition to them to give us a way to root the thing so we could install WebOS/Ubuntu or whatever on it.
    Not sure I'd want to go from one dead OS to another, webos, but like the idea.
    06-30-12 09:05 AM
    IF they really fold up the tents, the main issue would be warranty support and potentially "how to purchase or add apps". Otherwise, has been plainly said, if the pb does what you want NOW, as is, then it is a pretty decent device. It still has shortcomings and those may not be addressed.
    06-30-12 09:22 AM
    RIM is no where near the end. Anyone who can read RIM financial KNOWS that BB10 was scheduled for late 2012 and this meant at least 1 more really bad quarter after this recent news. Now that early 2013 launch means 2 more dismal quarters before revenue from NEW hardware comes in the door. BB10 will launch when it is ready. Who will own it is anyone's guess. Financial forces will force a change in ownership/control. BB10 progress continues on both hardware and software. Go RIM.
    06-30-12 09:57 AM
    No
    But THE BOTTOM LINE IS:

life is better with root.
    06-30-12 08:51 PM
    That's very true. That's why we only have native apps. They are all very lean and mean.
    Careful, the android police will hunt you down
    06-30-12 09:13 PM
    LMAO. I bet you have never experienced an Android device.
    I have and in my opinion there is no android device that comes close to competing with Playbook
    06-30-12 09:16 PM
    I have and in my opinion there is no android device that comes close to competing with Playbook
    i own both, but i'm interested in your thoughts on what the playbook is offering that's superior to android?
    06-30-12 09:18 PM
228 ... 678910
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD