I think we are all waiting for BB10... the point is that the Nexus seems like a great User Friendly Tablet... I had to look for people on these forums to actually use my Video Chat with just to see what it was like. My father in law gets his iPad 3 & says, watch this, BOOM, Face times to his brother. It's sad when you can't defend your technology choices because there's no leg to stand on.

What am I going to say, "Hey, check out this Flash website!" He would say, "Hey, watch this, BOOM - Skype! Get it?

RIM needs to start thinking more of the Consumers!!!
    06-28-12 04:38 PM
    I don't think its the end because RIM still has BB10 coming soon. I hope.
    06-28-12 04:42 PM
    Ummm ... why settle for an Android when you can get the Playbook.
    Seriously, have you used both? The Playbook OS is such a better experience and unless there's a very specific app you're targetting, the BB app store doesn't seem so barren any more.
    LMAO. I bet you have never experienced an Android device.
    06-28-12 04:43 PM
    I don't think its the end because RIM still has BB10 coming soon. I hope.
    If by soon you mean by the end of next march, than yes it will be coming soon.
    cdelcampo216 and kennyliu like this.
    06-28-12 04:51 PM
    Yeah, I am due an upgrade in the fall. I wanted to see what BB10 phones will have to offer. Now it's either iPhone 5 (hopefully with a bigger screen) or a Windows 8 phone. Android is also an option, but I want to get something else for a change.
    I'm due for an upgrade in the fall, and once again rim is leaving me hanging with nothing new. So my choices are to buy a full retail torch or switch to something else. Windows 8 is looking pretty tempting at this point. I can't believe they can muck it up so badly time and time again. Truly disappointing.
    06-28-12 04:55 PM
    Multiple cores = power consumption X # of cores = short batter life = always looking for a power outlet = the wrong kind of tethering!

There needs to be a battery messiah to save/rescue all the mega super mobile vaporware devices slated to come out any day now, real soon.

$200 for a 2 to 4 hour battery ain't much of a bargain...plus having your soul tethered to Google on top of all that? No Thanks. That's why this is written on a PlayBook.
    Your post is a joke, yet you still get so many likes on this board since you hate everything that isn't a playbook.

P.S the battery life is about 9 hours 40 mins, not 2-4 hours.
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-28-12 05:03 PM
    LMAO. I bet you have never experienced an Android device.
    I did. What about it?
    06-28-12 05:33 PM
    Well with today's news that BB10 wont be out until at least 2013 i have just ordered the nexus and no way i am upgrading to a blackberry phone later this year.
    Probably get the nexus phone as well.

I love my playbook but it's going on ebay tomorrow.
    06-28-12 06:01 PM
    I've used Android tablets. Not impressed.
    06-28-12 06:14 PM
    I've used Android tablets. Not impressed.
    if you use the Nexus 7, it actually is very impressive.
    06-28-12 06:27 PM
    I pre-ordered a Nexus 7. I have a PB, but I find it pretty limited. When I bought it, I thought it would be fine since I just want to use it for web and email, but the browser is really not very good (crashes and not optimized for touch) and the alternative choices are not either. The Nexus 7 will have Chrome and Firefox, so I am betting on a much better browsing experience. If not, I'll sell it off or return it. If I like it, I'm not sure what I'll do with the PB.

RIM is not looking good though, the PB is probably going to be a historic relic of tablet computing history like the Osborne due to mismanagement of their products.
    06-28-12 06:54 PM
    With the release of Google 7" tablet at a cost of $199 this will surely be the end of the Playbook. The only reason I got the play book was because of the cost but now why settle for the Playbook when you can get an Android?

Honestly the new tablet will be quadcore with 1gig of ram, how can the PB compete with Android? At least now the PB is small (personally I find 9" too large) and cheap but in a few months it won't even have that.

So this will be the end.
    This is not the beginning of the end. We're now near the end of the end.

RIM is dead. Now we're just waiting for rigormortis to set in. But the decay started 3 years ago. NOBODY that owns Blackberry can now say anything about "fanbois". All that's left are Canadian patriots and third world/emerging markets that use BBM to bypass their dictators control. They are the new BB fanbois.

My last upgrade switched to the HTC Rezound. Everything and more I hoped the Storm/Storm2 would be. Held off buying the PB, but wanted one. Glad I did, I now get the ASUS Nexus 7 It will be, like my Rezound to the S2, what I hoped the PB would be.

Not wasting any more time or breath on anything RIM. Back to Android Central, later.
    Last edited by rootbrain; 06-28-12 at 07:16 PM.
    06-28-12 07:05 PM
    Well, the delay of BB10 phones may keep the price of my 9930 up there or NOT!

What a cluster fubar...............
    06-28-12 07:43 PM
    In any event, to answer the question posed by the OP in the title of this thread:

Yes.
    06-28-12 08:19 PM
    In any event, to answer the question posed by the OP in the title of this thread:

Yes.
    Hopefully, you'll get working playlists before "THE END!"

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gBzJGckMYO4[/YT]
    06-28-12 08:37 PM
    If any of you still thinks BB10 will ever be on the PB, I've got a bridge to sell you. I'm startled that so many people are so deluded, it makes me weep for mankind.
    kennyliu and buchacho like this.
    06-28-12 09:49 PM
    I have to admit that even though I still like my BB stuff a lot, the news about the BB10 delay feels like a kick in the groin. I always kept defending RIM, but I feel not appreciated for that anymore. I love my PB and my 9810 is starting to age electronically and mechanically. I was looking forward to trade it for an BB10 device in fall. I don't know if it will hold up until Q1. What am I gonna do if it dies before that? An iPhone will be out of question for personal reasons, no matter how cool it is. I simply hate the Apple philosophy, period. Android to me is just so weird, and consider it just Google spyware. It simply frightens me what they do. Windows phone? Maybe, but if it is as frustrating as other Microsoft OS's then I don't know...so what's left?
    I really would like for RIM to succeed, but man do they appear simply suicidal in their decisions over the past few years and it just keeps going.
    I am aware that I have no experience about running a company, but I am a customer and I feel like they don't want my business under any circumstances.
    How am I supposed to stay faithful if all they do is disappoint me constantly?
    The news about the delay is abysmal, even though there seems to be a good point about releasing BB10 in a better state than the PB was at launch. But these delays will certainly not attract any new customers and will make loyals leave.
    Where did the innovation and capabilities go that made this company once #1?
    It's a crying shame...those two dudes that ran the company before simply left too late.
    I don't even care anymore that they made this company big once, but they certainly destroyed it with a vengeance in the end. Shame on you looser, look what you did!
    Thorsten Heins seems to be the man with a broom standing in the middle of a mudslide...
    06-28-12 10:01 PM
    If anyone needs to get rid of their Playbook, just send it to me
    kennyliu likes this.
    06-28-12 10:17 PM
    I always kept defending RIM, but I feel not appreciated for that anymore.
    My friend you were never "appreciated" for that. RIMM is a huge faceless corporation, not a person. It doesn't care if you stand up for it or call it names. All it cares about is getting as much money from you and everyone else that it can. Why anyone would get personally involved with any of this stuff is beyond me.
    Bakamushi likes this.
    06-28-12 10:29 PM
    Just watched an interview with Ed Snyder, a wireless telecom industry analyst and managing director of Charter Equity Research in San Francisco, on CTV. The one comment he made that stood out was he said that most carriers are actually rooting for RIM to succeed. He continued that Apple and Android/Samsung has become too dominant within the market, and especially said "Apple is a bully" (his words), so the carriers want a third party to provide some competition.

What made his statements interesting is that I've read on the Net that carriers actually dislike BB and also that he made no mention of WP8 as being a possible third wheel. If what he said is true, then there may be some good support behind RIM during the launch next year.

The delay is tremendously disappointing and risky but if RIM truly, truly! makes an innovative "SUPER" phone that debuts early next year...this disappointment now would mean very little. I do hope that will be the case because I truly like the functionality of BB and will greatly miss it if BB is no longer available.
    mikeplus1 likes this.
    06-28-12 10:33 PM
    if RIM truly, truly! makes an innovative "SUPER" phone that debuts early next year...this disappointment now would mean very little.
    Since when has the first version of anything RIM's ever done been "super?"
    06-28-12 10:35 PM
    The problem, at least for me, isn't so much a one quarter delay. The problem is, given this company's track record, what consumer or dev in their right minds would believe even that to be accurate? Even if it does launch then, is it going to be BB ~10 with another one year wait until everything they promised in the device is functional?

Some serious monkey business going on up there.
    Last edited by Justthecrack; 06-28-12 at 10:50 PM.
    06-28-12 10:48 PM
    The problem, at least for me, isn't so much a one quarter delay. The problem is, given this company's track record, what consumer or dev in their right minds would believe even that to be accurate? Even if it does launch then, is it going to be BB ~10 with another one year wait until everything they promised in the device is functional?

Some serious monkey business going on up there.
    don't forget either, that it was supposed to launch q1 2012, so bb10 will at the earliest be a year later than promised. with that in mind, the news today, the numbers, i would be SHOCKED if RIM continued to invest in the playbook. you're talking about a company that's lost billions in revenue, millions in operating profits, nearly 10,000 employees 20% marketshare, from the time the playbook launched, offering support for a now legacy device that sold 216,000 units last quarter. i mean. lets be real here. how is the playbook not dead. it was a victim of promised launch dates also. at this point is there any genuine reason we should believe bb10 is actually going to be released?
    06-28-12 11:11 PM
    If any of you still thinks BB10 will ever be on the PB, I've got a bridge to sell you. I'm startled that so many people are so deluded, it makes me weep for mankind.
    No one here is deluded. Only people of other platforms are deluded. i.e. iSheep, roids, etc.

They blindly follow products that get released.
    Last edited by sinsin07; 06-28-12 at 11:19 PM.
    06-28-12 11:16 PM
    Unfortunately, even if BB10 is "Super" the major issue will be lack of apps since after that earnings call I can hear the Devs exiting their BB SDK's and heading over to WP8. The failure to develop the app space will be the ultimate demise regardless of how good BB10 is. I have never been one for apps but this is the landscape in which we live and RIM has been steam rolled on this one many times over. Take a look at their efforts for apps for the PB, the hope that was come the Android player the apps will explode. This has hardly been the case - there are more apps but its more crap than anything else. BB10 will follow the same pattern, an awesome UI experience sans app ecosystem = poor sales. The awesomeness of what BB10 might be will not be able to lure away those embedded in other platforms. 9 months from now WP Marketplace will probably be approaching 200K apps with WP8 phones touting baked-in Skype (VoIP) interoperability working seamlessly with Surface through SkyDrive and MS Office (ARM version has to be on its way). Apple and Google will offer similar end-to-end user experiences. This is the bigger picture and problem that has no immediate solution for RIM and that is smartphones are no longer single "closed" entities but are integral parts of a greater communications infrastructure - Apple, Google and Microsoft have it - RIM does not.

It pains me to write this...but no matter how "Super" BB10 is I am sorry to say IMO this by itself will not rescue RIM.
    06-28-12 11:22 PM
228 ... 56789 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD