Any suggestions on how to embed DVD cover art so that my videos show this art when I select my videos? I'm looking for a similar view as I would see in iTunes, XBMC, Boxee or Plex.

Currently I only see the title with a snapshot of the movie as my selection. I was hoping to be able to do this now that the files are on my Playbook vs having to re-create the tag.

Any suggestions?
    05-30-11 08:25 PM
    i thought i'd bring this question back to life since I to have the same question, but can't seem to find an answer anywhere.

Hopefully someone can offer a suggestion.
    06-25-11 08:48 PM
    I am not aware of a method of embedding covers in avi/video stuff - you mean like mp3 tags? Is there some burning software that does that in mp4 or other format?
    06-25-11 10:00 PM
    I assume tags, but yes there is software that will add a cover to a video file. iTunes is a great example, because when you import a video (m4v) you can add a cover image (along with many other textual tags) the same as songs. The image is added to the file so that iTunes can read it later (even Windows 7 can see the embedded image). It doesn't appear that the playbook can see it though which is annoying as I would rather embed a cover with iTunes or other software than have the playbook grab (what appears to be) a random frame.
    06-25-11 10:52 PM
    I know this thread is *old*, but just in case someone still wants to know the answer...

"mp3tag" can do it for .mp4 movie files. Exactly the same as adding tags to .mp3, .m4a, etc audio files.

Mp3tag - the universal Tag Editor (ID3v2, MP4, OGG, FLAC, ...)

...however, despite the files being properly tagged, and thumbnails in Windows showing up as the proper "cover art", the PB still only shows the random video frame (although the title will display correctly whatever you put in when you tagged it).

Cheers
    The Real Joe
    Last edited by therealjoeblow; 09-10-12 at 02:06 PM.
    09-10-12 11:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD