After setting up Blackberry bridge, I deleted all the mails on the handset.
    Playbook still shows unread count in the notification area and is persistent even after a restart!

Any way to clear the unread count?
    01-05-12 12:28 AM
    Sometimes it happens.
    Usually, I'm stoping the bridge on both devices including the Bluetooth.
    01-05-12 12:39 AM
    Sometimes downloading attachments, or downloading embedded images in mails, can cause the Bridge Messaging app to think there's a new email. I agree with batboris, switching off Bridge, then Bluetooth, and then reconnecting both helps clear the new message notifications.
    01-05-12 01:16 AM
    tried even rebooting the playbook doesn't help.
    01-05-12 01:49 AM
    I see. Forgot to mention, when it once happened to me, I just clicked on the notification symbol ( ! ) at the upper left hand corner, then clicked on close (x) when the window appeared. Sounds simple but I'm trying look for options we may have overlooked.
    Delirious D likes this.
    01-05-12 02:22 AM
    This is a long-standing bug on the Playbook that will hopefully be resolved in OS2. There doesn't seem to be a 100% reliable way of stopping these "ghost" notifications in the meanwhile.
    01-05-12 06:21 AM
    Some have got rid of them by opening email on the playbook and then opening the messages there or deleting them on the playbook to get the fantom messages to go away.
    01-05-12 06:51 AM
    Some have got rid of them by opening email on the playbook and then opening the messages there or deleting them on the playbook to get the fantom messages to go away.
    That has also worked for me, but not always reliably. I also think that deleting an unread message (e.g. obvious spam) on the phone doesn't always make it across to the PB. What is even more strange, but I suspect is related, is the email notifications I see for messages that were deleted several days ago... and aren't on the phone or the PB when you go to look.

It's a puzzle, alright.

What I'm fairly sure though is that the red corner is always reliable. If it flashes, you definitely have something new. The little yellow envelopes are, on the other hand, erm... a little quirky and probably not to be relied on.

Roll with it until OS2.
    01-05-12 07:03 AM
    Batt-Pull fixes for me every time.
    01-05-12 10:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD