Hi all,

OK, I'll admit maybe it's me using it wrongly but I've added my Gmail account to the new native email app in OS2.0 and the indicator is driving me insane.

I Currently have a Windows PC accessing it via a browser and an Android mobile via the Gmail app.

Now on both of those I can leave emails unread and the notification pops up when I have a new email, if I then go into the client I don't have to read the email but it does remove the notification.

On the native client in OS2.0 I get the notification pop up when a new email arrives but it wont disapear until I've marked that email as read.

I guess what I'm looking for is the indicator to show when I get a new email like my other devices do and NOT when I have unread mail.......

Is there anyway to change it to work like that?

Cheers

Tim
    02-22-12 05:02 AM
    The. Flashing red light does what you want. Once you check the message app it goes out. There is also an option in the email not to show the message count.
    02-22-12 05:18 AM
    go to settings > sounds and notifications > visual notification and edit your settings. unfortunately there is no 'off' setting right now
    02-22-12 06:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD