Have had a thorough look through the Playbook-related forums but cannot find this question. I read email most of the day at work on my Playbook. I came home this evening, opened the Apple Mail client, and found the messages marked read, but still in my inbox. The entire day's messages. Does clicking the trash can not delete the message in reality? Any way of solving this? Can't find any settings related to IMAP deleting messages immediately, etc.

Thanks in advance -

Matt
    02-21-12 05:30 PM
    What email client? Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo? Microsoft Exchange?
    02-21-12 05:32 PM
    Whoa, I set it to leave the messages on the server, but when I delete it on PlayBook, it's gone. Been trying to figure this out for a couple hours to no avail.
    02-21-12 05:35 PM
    iCloud is the back-end provider if that's what you mean.
    02-21-12 06:01 PM
    What email client? Gmail? Hotmail? Yahoo? Microsoft Exchange?
    Mine is Yahoo, and it seems to only delete it on the PB. I did not see any options on this matter. If you know otherwize I would appreciate any info
    Thanks
    02-21-12 06:12 PM
    I have rogers (yahoo) and all day, old emails have been coming thru on my playbook so I deleted it off my pb
    02-21-12 06:36 PM
    If you are using POP3 protocol, then deletions are local only to the BlackBerry PlayBook. And setting the email account to leave messages on the server means messages are not deleted from the server after download to the email client; the same behaviour as experienced with say Microsoft Outlook and any POP3 email provider.
    02-21-12 06:45 PM
    Using IMAP protocol as already mentioned. And not sure where "setting th email account to leave messages on the server" would be set. There is not control of that type anywhere on either the Playbook or in Apple's Mail Client. I can use several other webmail clients as well as Thunderbird to access the same iCloud account and they all actually delete a message when you tell it to delete a message. The Playbook is not doing that. It's only hiding the message from your viewing it. This will get old fast if it's the only behaviour the Playbook mail client performs with imap accounts.
    02-21-12 06:59 PM
    If you are using POP3 protocol, then deletions are local only to the BlackBerry PlayBook. And setting the email account to leave messages on the server means messages are not deleted from the server after download to the email client; the same behaviour as experienced with say Microsoft Outlook and any POP3 email provider.
    This is not the case. I have my pop3 account set to leave emails on the server and it is deleting them every time I delete from the PlayBook. Too much of a hassle. Am removing my accounts from PlayBook.
    02-21-12 07:11 PM
    Are deleted email's still being stored on the PlayBook they show up when I use the search function
    Last edited by Cracksolo; 02-27-12 at 07:23 AM.
    02-25-12 08:12 PM
    Do you think rim knows there's a problem. How long until they fix it.
    02-25-12 09:43 PM
    I set up email for two POP3 accounts I have with GoDaddy. I've been playing around with them to see what's happening with delete. The "Keep messages on the server" setting is keeping messages on the GoDaddy server after they are downloaded to the PlayBook. When I delete a message from the PlayBook, that message is also deleted from the server. I haven't found an option that will allow the delete to be local to the PlayBook only. For me, that's OK because I also have the messages on my 9930 (and therefore bridged if I choose) and in Outlook on my laptop. I'm still trying to figure out how I want to deal with my email and which will be primary - too many locations.
    Last edited by padamssm; 02-25-12 at 10:42 PM.
    02-25-12 10:39 PM
    Using IMAP protocol as already mentioned. And not sure where "setting th email account to leave messages on the server" would be set. There is not control of that type anywhere on either the Playbook or in Apple's Mail Client. I can use several other webmail clients as well as Thunderbird to access the same iCloud account and they all actually delete a message when you tell it to delete a message. The Playbook is not doing that. It's only hiding the message from your viewing it. This will get old fast if it's the only behaviour the Playbook mail client performs with imap accounts.
    I have iCloud mail as well and mine is behaving the same. I guess it would be worse if it were deleting mail that shouldn't be deleted, as opposed to not actually deleting any mail- but I wish I knew how to fix this.
    02-25-12 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD