View Poll Results: Which PB email do you prefer today - Bridge or Native?

Voters
294. You may not vote on this poll
  • Bridge

134 45.58%
  • Native

112 38.10%
  • I'm split or undecided

48 16.33%
    Bridge is better for functionality but native for new UI, wish they had somehow let us just click a button if we wanted to merge our bridge to the native, without all the 1000's of workarounds...
    03-08-12 08:54 AM
    Bridged. But x40 on the comments of native UI for bridged. Hopefully, RIM is working on that.
    03-08-12 03:28 PM
    I use bridge to save myself from confusion and so people who use my PB can't go through my mail. I think native is good for people who have BB + PB an. don't get email via BB. I don't see the purpos. In having bridge + native :s
    03-08-12 08:04 PM
    Definately Bridge as my Native doesn't seem to want to work (see OldFatDog posting)
    03-09-12 05:05 AM
    I love the Native Client. Hooked into our corporate exchange server and locked away in work partition, I can get all the great functionality of the native client without sacrificing security. It's the best of both worlds!
    03-09-12 10:38 AM
    This is somewhat amazing - the votes keep coming in but the results continue to be essentiaily a 50/50 split between Bridge and Native email.
    03-09-12 01:07 PM
    I think what everyone wanted was the ease of uses and functionality of the blackberry on the Playbook. . . (pretty much Push notification on a bigger screen. . .)
    03-09-12 01:38 PM
    I prefer the native. While I DO like the bridged email, Native is more robust and functional. Also I would like to note, that I had to turn OFF bridge email, since having both was generating double notification of emails.
    03-09-12 03:13 PM
    Bridged, but i love the native email's IU & features.
    +1 definitely
    03-09-12 03:20 PM
    There is no other option for all day everywhere email than bridge
    03-09-12 03:27 PM
    Getting really tired of having to delete emails a second time. My Comcast doesn't work through native when I am bridged either. I also haven't figured out how to delete multiple emails at once through native. Is there a way?
    03-09-12 03:37 PM
    Definitely Bridge!

Like many have stated, I dont see the point in getting my mail in 2 different places. My phone is good enough for me.

I also, dont wanna have my personal email on my Playbook that I let others use to play games or surf the web.
    Last edited by shemaree09; 03-09-12 at 03:45 PM.
    03-09-12 03:38 PM
    With the bridge, I like that I see the same thing whether looking at my phone or Playbook. Never have to worry about syncing issues. I also like the interface a little better with the bridge and it seems a bit quicker to respond than the native apps.

I've had accounts setup on the native apps a couple times. They are cool, especially the social integration. But, battery life takes a serious hit even when set to manual syncing and they seemingly shouldn't be doing anything.
    03-09-12 06:24 PM
    I prefer the Bridge. From Day 1 with my PB I've thought the Bridge was a brilliant innovation.
    03-09-12 06:48 PM
    Native is a nice touch.
    03-09-12 07:38 PM
    Personally, I find using the native email to be annoying and redundant.

I almost always have my PlayBook bridged so to have my emails show up twice and having to clear them twice on my PlayBook is annoying.

I had it sync for a few days a realized that it was overkill for me and was unessecery.

But mine is a wifi only model. If it was connected through a network then I would probably use it since I wouldn't have to be bridged to use internet as much.
    03-09-12 08:28 PM
    For me native is the cat's meow. I don't own a cell phone. The UI is awesome. Only complaint at the moment is lack of "groups" for contacts.
    03-09-12 08:52 PM
    I use native mostly for all my personal email accounts. Don't have to worry about reaching for the 9900, connecting it and all that other stuff.

I do bridge to my 9630 though for my work emails. It lets me use my PlayBook for some work related things, then when I'm done, I turn it off and all my work stuff is off my Playbook and it becomes a 100% personal device again.
    03-09-12 09:30 PM
    Well, I like bridge because it works better, but wifi is free data were as ota is not.
    03-10-12 03:22 PM
    I may have already answered but if they fix Native MANUAL so it does not chomp on my battery while in standby, I would probably add accounts, again.
    03-10-12 04:59 PM
    I have found the perfect balance for me. I continue to use the bridge for my business and family email addresses so I get them immediately on my phone. I never pushed my general address to my phone because I didn't want to be bothered every time I got an advertisement or spam. Now I have that address as an account on my pb so I don't have to check on the computer but also don't get bothered constantly on my phone. If I delete it from the pb its gone. If I leave it alone I can access it from outlook on my computer. Perfect balance for me.
    03-10-12 05:23 PM
    My wish is, bridge email with grouping feature.
    03-10-12 10:29 PM
    With a recent increase in votes, Bridge is on top with 45% preferring it over Native email (38%). (updated 3/12pm).

As said before...
    Both sides have their preferrences - and their pet peeves.
    A somewhat balanced split really means both sides - and all of us in the BB universe - are winners - because the Playbook allows both options !

That means RIM was smart to have both features.
    Do you agree? - Put your vote in the mix!
    Which email do you prefer (and are using most) today - Bridge or Native?

Which one are you using today - are you still on Bridge or have you converted to Native?
    03-12-12 09:28 PM
73 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD