Just received an email from BlackBerry rejoicing that BBM is now available for Android and iPhone. As a PlayBook owner I see this as the worst f..king insult and why they are in the s..t hole they are in. I will never buy another BlackBerry product not that they will be around anyway the short sighted ignoramus that they are. I know, good riddance to me.
    FF22 and kabelace like this.
    10-21-13 07:14 PM
    But will you download BBM in your next non-BlackBerry device? Lol...

I feel your displeasure, but it's just how it is.

Posted via CB10
    bradu1 likes this.
    10-21-13 07:16 PM
    What about asking them if BBM will come to the playbook?
    10-21-13 07:18 PM
    you have BBM via bridge, what else do you want on your playbook?
    irweezyy and felixweber like this.
    10-21-13 07:19 PM
    Yeah BBM via bridge is actually the optimal way since you can't sign onto BBM with one BBID simultaneously on two devices. So... you could run the risk of signing into your BBM on your PB, (which disconnects your BB)... forgetting about it, and leaving your PB at home signed in, all while your messages are being delivered to your PB instead of your BB.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-13 07:25 PM
    What about asking them if BBM will come to the playbook?
    I tweeted and facebooked them..you guys should just keep doing that....at least annoy the hell out of them if nothing else.
    qwerty4ever and FF22 like this.
    10-21-13 07:46 PM
    What about playbook owners who does not use BB phones or those who had migrate to other platform. At least let the users decide.
    playbook_swiper1 likes this.
    10-21-13 08:41 PM
    I personally don't see the big deal about BBM on the Playbook.

Personally, I see it a message service that is best suited to phones, ala SMS.

I just don't see the need or convenience of having it on a Tablet.
    southlander likes this.
    10-21-13 08:49 PM
    We all have differing needs and uses for our devices. Don't assume that because you do not see the need that need does not exist for others.
    10-22-13 12:14 AM
    got a BlackBerry cell phone device?

bridge it!

got an iphone or Android?

should have thought about that before.

Posted via CB10
    dphjeff and irweezyy like this.
    10-22-13 12:18 AM
    Can the android version be sideloaded onto the playbook?
    10-22-13 12:37 AM
    Just received an email from BlackBerry rejoicing that BBM is now available for Android and iPhone. As a PlayBook owner I see this as the worst f..king insult and why they are in the s..t hole they are in. I will never buy another BlackBerry product not that they will be around anyway the short sighted ignoramus that they are. I know, good riddance to me.
    You must have signed up to receive the email. I did and have just receive my email. will be installing it on my wifes Android phone.
    Malcolm.
    10-22-13 02:00 AM
    I personally don't see the big deal about BBM on the Playbook.

Personally, I see it a message service that is best suited to phones, ala SMS.

I just don't see the need or convenience of having it on a Tablet.
    For the same reason that people like Bridge in the first place. Take a text message - it's useful to say the least for it to appear on the tablet, rather than having to check the phone all the time. Same with BBM. Sure, bridging does the same thing, but the very fact people like that explains why there's a wish for it to be native. I can't say I'm personally that horrified by its absence, but I can see why some are.
    10-22-13 07:49 AM
    Individual BBM chats bridge, groups do not.

I think BBRY wants to pb to just go away and never be thought about again so good luck hoping it will come. It's also only available to devices with a cell radio so that leaves if it ever happens it'll only be for those anyway.
    10-22-13 08:12 AM
    Now, I own a Deadbook and decided to download the BBM on my Android to see what the big fuss is about. Maybe it will convince me to buy a BB phone...who knows.

So I download it and try to subscribe. I enter my mail and....they tell me that the line is so big that I have to wait. ! Really?! So I waited extra to get the app on android and I have to wait some more until I can use it. Next they'll be telling me that the line is soooooo busy that after registration I will have to wait before I can send my first message....or add my first contact! Great...really convincing me now...!

Having a BB PIN from the playbook can't I just register for BBM using that? Or doesn't the playbook count anymore?
    10-22-13 08:26 AM
    Considering BBM is only officially available on iOS and Android mobile PHONES, and not tablets, it's kind of fair game.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-13 08:28 AM
    Considering BBM is only officially available on iOS and Android mobile PHONES, and not tablets, it's kind of fair game.

Posted via CB10
    ....my attempt is on an android phone not tablet. 10 hours later after installing still no news from them!
    10-22-13 09:29 AM
    Can the android version be sideloaded onto the playbook?
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?p=9372335
    10-23-13 05:39 PM
    Now, I own a Deadbook and decided to download the BBM on my Android to see what the big fuss is about. Maybe it will convince me to buy a BB phone...who knows.

So I download it and try to subscribe. I enter my mail and....they tell me that the line is so big that I have to wait. ! Really?! So I waited extra to get the app on android and I have to wait some more until I can use it. Next they'll be telling me that the line is soooooo busy that after registration I will have to wait before I can send my first message....or add my first contact! Great...really convincing me now...!

Having a BB PIN from the playbook can't I just register for BBM using that? Or doesn't the playbook count anymore?
    The PIN is tied to the PB, so it wouldn't do you any good on your Android phone. It will be assigned its own PIN. You can register multiple cars in your name, but they'll still have different license plate numbers.
    ViBogdan likes this.
    10-23-13 06:10 PM
    you have BBM via bridge, what else do you want on your playbook?
    How about BBM Groups while bridged? Is that too much to ask?

Not trying to be snarky here just see BBM Groups while bridged as a great omission.
    10-24-13 12:21 AM
    BBM has disappeared from bridge after phones update to 10.2
    10-24-13 10:58 AM
    I tweeted and facebooked them..you guys should just keep doing that....at least annoy the hell out of them if nothing else.
    Did they ignore you Bambi? 'cause if they did - especially of facebook, that's just plain rude
    10-24-13 01:27 PM
    What's their twitter and fb handle??
    10-24-13 04:35 PM
    I kind of like how BBM works on bridge. Two devices, same chats and contacts.
    10-24-13 05:42 PM

Posted via CB10
    You can download it on an iPad wi-Fi model. You just go to the iPhone App Store instead of the iPad App Store and download it.
    It works on any iPad. I have PB also, but moved to iPad 4 for obvious reasons. I share your emotions.
    10-24-13 10:47 PM
26 12