OK, so I have around 4200 photos and a few hundred documents on my pb. I have them in separate folders based on the subject, etc. When I try to attach a photo or photos to an email, the file manager shows every single photo and none of the folders. Plus it only displays thumbnails with no file info. Am I missing something? There has to be an easier way.

On a side note, I transferred one file folder from my pc which contained 30+ subfolders and the photo app lists out each subfolder but not the main. Files and Folders app shows the main folder correctly.

Anyone have any ideas?
    03-31-12 11:22 AM
    One thing you can do to make life easier. When you want to attach a photo, open Air Browser (which will show your folders and pic thumbnails) and navigate to the pic you want to attach, then note the name of the pic. Then, in the browser that comes up in messaging, do a search on that name by clicking on the magnifying glass icon- the pic your looking to attach should come up in the search results- and choose this pic. It's not the best method, but it beats having to scroll through 4200 photos.
    Last edited by pacoman03; 03-31-12 at 12:36 PM.
    03-31-12 12:03 PM
    Thanks for the air browser suggestion, I was using files & folders before. Still a major pita to have to search for "img-20120109-137" just to attach a file.

The pb does recognize subfolders since they show up in the 3rd party file browsers, yet for some reason RIM left that functionality out of the native email, photo, video, etc apps. Really odd considering the file manager shows all the bridged folders correctly (yet no thumbnails). I really don't want to take the time to rename every single picture to make finding them faster. I guess if I only had a few dozen pics or documents it wouldn't be a big deal.
    03-31-12 12:59 PM
    While also not a perfect solution, Files&Folders has a facility where you can set up ONE email address. From within it you can browse around and select a photo to attach to an email and send it. It only attaches ONE file at a time and it does not link to your Contacts, so you need to know the email address in advance or play cut/paste games with an address.

And I agree - the email attachment method in the pb is TERRIBLE. The pb fails to recognize folders in most apps other than the photo app where it does recognize them as Albums but that is where it ends. AWFUL file organization or hierarchy!
    Last edited by F2; 03-31-12 at 01:24 PM.
    03-31-12 01:22 PM
    I saw that feature in files & folders, it works but isn't really a permanent solution. Plus it can be a little glitchy, which is why I guess they list it as "experimental".

My photo app shows 117 separate folders, air and f&f show 33... I even connected back to my pc to try and create new folders, etc but nothing worked. Not going to lie, bb7 blows this out of the water. So much simpler to touch a photo and the menu appears asking what you want to do with it. Can't even rotate a photo without using a 3rd party app....
    03-31-12 01:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD