Can u put downloaded ebooks on the playbook and will kobo play them or will I need another ebook program ???
    01-11-12 10:16 AM
    I don't know about kobo, but I know if you have Kindle downloads you can read them using the Kindle cloud reader.
    01-11-12 10:24 AM
    This one will read ePub and Kindle books that do not have copyright protection in them (DRM).

Buy Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Download Book Reader for EPUB and Kindle books - Buy Apps from BlackBerry App World
    01-11-12 10:29 AM
    I wish they would make a sticky for this. Kobo will only read books you download from Kobo. There are several ebook apps (Play Epbu, Book Reader, et al) that will read non DRM encrypted ebooks. there are several legal sources for DRM free epubs and other formats. Calibre will convert from one non DRM format to another. If you search the forums you can find a list of websites for DRM free books.
    01-11-12 10:31 AM
    im new to ebooks but i bought the book reader app from app world and it seems to work good. im having trouble finding newer ebooks to read tho.
    01-11-12 10:32 AM
    Book Reader app works well better than kobo doesn't look as nice but at least you can copy and paste, and import books of various formats, but of course kindle rules the world of ebooks, you can email drm free books of certain formats to your kindle account and read it on your kindle app, that is if you don't mind jumping to the OS2 beta and side loading kindle, nothing else like kindle out there!
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    01-11-12 11:25 AM
    There are many free Android apps that are far better than anything on PB. Hopefully OS2 will let us have some.
    Meantime, the best free PB app for epubs is Booksonwink. It's in the app store.
    01-11-12 11:41 AM
    Booksonwink works, sort of. Some of the controls don't though, can't change the cont size though. Blackberry needs to develop a decent, feature rich bookreader for the Playbook
    01-13-12 09:06 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD