I picked up a 64 go playbook 2 nd hand for �45.00 to use as an E reader but I can't find a decent one I've side loaded a couple such as King reader which keeps freezing and kindle that doesn't work full stop before I give up completely and ideas of decent one?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 05:10 AM
    Kobo works for me.
    10-21-15 06:26 AM
    Can you read your own books on kobo? The books I want to read are my own downloads?

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 06:58 AM
    I read my ebooks with Playepub and love it, on my Playbook and my Q5. You can get all information about this fantastic native app at wwwplayepub.com before you buy it in BlackBerry World. The programmer is very helpful and he regulary creates updates.

Posted via CB10
    brookie229 likes this.
    10-21-15 07:01 AM
    Can you read your own books on kobo? The books I want to read are my own downloads?

Posted via CB10
    Yep, I've got tons of books that I got elsewhere that are perfectly readable. I seem to remember an issue with Kindle books at one point but it doesn't seem to be an issue anymore.
    10-21-15 07:25 AM
    I side loaded kindle from goodereader and it just won't work,ive tried Amy reader which is just awful,but thanks i,ll try your suggestions and fingers crossed I can get one to work,the PlayBook is a great tablet so hopefully I can get it to work with my book collection.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 08:16 AM
    I think the Kobo app is still available in the Playbook's BlackBerry World, no need to sideload.

Posted via CB10
    10-21-15 08:29 AM
    I could not agree more with Acki2. PlayEpub Book Reader ($0.99) in Blackberry World is a fantastic app. I have tried many, many free and bought apps (mostly free), sideloaded android and BB apps and NONE are as good as this app. Believe me, it is worth the dollar. Save yourself a boatload of hassle and download this app. You will not regret it. You can use all your own epub files, no problem. I also have a Passport and it works fantastic on that as well and I did not have to pay for it twice.
    Rustybronco likes this.
    10-21-15 08:46 AM
    Thanks for all your help guys,i paid and downloaded the playepub app it took about 4 hours to update 200 books and worked once then crashed and refused to open, deleted it and tried to install it again and now I'm being asked to purchase it once more!! Oh well back to the drawing board

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 02:48 PM
    Thanks for all your help guys,i paid and downloaded the playepub app it took about 4 hours to update 200 books and worked once then crashed and refused to open, deleted it and tried to install it again and now I'm being asked to purchase it once more!! Oh well back to the drawing board

Posted via CB10
    OMG sorry about the hassle. I have never had any trouble with the app on 3 different devices, my Passport, Playbook or z10. I have about 50-60 books on my Playbook and the app has never let me down. I don't know what to tell you except that I feel bad that I recommended it to you . You can get help from the support section in PlayEpub BBW listing. The Dev is usually very helpful and has a great website for help. Maybe the best I have ever seen . Perhaps he (Jesus Iglesias) can give you a refund or help with your claim. I realize, probably that you may be sick of the app by now judging by the time and effort you put into this already. Hope you can get this resolved or find another solution for your Ebooks.

Posted via CB10
    10-22-15 07:30 PM
    I couldn't get the (sideloaded) Kindle app to work on my playbook so I went and installed playEpub. Currently I'm downloading Calibre' and setting it up so I can modify my 'paid' Kindle books to work on the playbook while I install Cyanogen mod on my wife's KindleFire HD. I'd rather have them readily available just in case something gets mucked up with the install.

EDIT*** I was finally able to log into the Kindle app I side loaded. All is well in the Epub department now.

--------------------------
    Posted from my Z10 via the CB app.
    Last edited by Rustybronco; 10-23-15 at 12:31 AM.
    10-22-15 11:14 PM
    It's OK I appreciated the help you guys all offered,I will keep trying to get an E reader to work on my playbook I'm sure somewhere there will be one that works and I can finally get some reading done,thanks again for all the help offered.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 02:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    One more thing I forgot to mention or ask. Did you go into Blackberry World and tap the Refresh List under My World? Then check your list of Apps under the Uninstalled tab.
    10-23-15 08:32 AM
    It must be pretty close to 5 years ago I got my PlayBook and the one and only ebook app I've ever used on it is Kobo. I've currently got Kobo on my Passport and I had it on the Z10 and Z30 before it. It won't do you any harm to give it a go. Let us know if it works or not!

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 11:34 AM
    It's OK I appreciated the help you guys all offered,I will keep trying to get an E reader to work on my playbook I'm sure somewhere there will be one that works and I can finally get some reading done,thanks again for all the help offered.

Posted via CB10
    I use moon + reader. It works really well but you'll have to sideload it.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 12:02 PM
    One more thing I forgot to mention or ask. Did you go into Blackberry World and tap the Refresh List under My World? Then check your list of Apps under the Uninstalled tab.
    Sorry for the late reply,
    Yes I did that and it's not showing I've downloaded the app at all and when I search for it I get the offer to purchase again, I've tried kobo and it doesn't recognise any of my own books i,ll try moon reader before I wave the white flag,its such a disappointment and the PlayBook is a really good tablet let down by bad apps,thanks again for all your help and suggestions

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 06:10 PM
    Kindle was always OK for me, unless I opened several "heavy" apps at once. Better to run it alone.
    10-23-15 06:58 PM
    Sorry for the late reply,
    Yes I did that and it's not showing I've downloaded the app at all and when I search for it I get the offer to purchase again, I've tried kobo and it doesn't recognise any of my own books i,ll try moon reader before I wave the white flag,its such a disappointment and the PlayBook is a really good tablet let down by bad apps,thanks again for all your help and suggestions

Posted via CB10
    I have version 3.0.2 sideloaded. Not sure if the latest version is compatible. Will convert it this weekend to test.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 07:00 PM
    Yes I have use moon also (android side load from GoodEreader website) and it was OK but not near as good as Playepub IMHO. Hope it works for you.

Posted via CB10
    10-23-15 07:07 PM
    Tried moon reader and it's a non starter for me I'm sorry to say,i keep getting the little banner message telling me it's stopped working and to force close or wait, I've tried waiting and waiting but it just doesn't work,going to try the last resort before I take my daughters advice and" just go and by a bloody ereader dad for God's sake" ,And try a device wipe and try one last time to install an ereader, before I do that I just wanted to take the time and say once more how grateful I am to all who took the time out to try and help a playbook novice with there patience and help

Posted via CB10
    10-24-15 05:40 AM
    Tried moon reader and it's a non starter for me I'm sorry to say,i keep getting the little banner message telling me it's stopped working and to force close or wait, I've tried waiting and waiting but it just doesn't work,going to try the last resort before I take my daughters advice and" just go and by a bloody ereader dad for God's sake" ,And try a device wipe and try one last time to install an ereader, before I do that I just wanted to take the time and say once more how grateful I am to all who took the time out to try and help a playbook novice with there patience and help

Posted via CB10
    Bummer. Please check your pm.
    10-24-15 12:51 PM
    Just a final note,
    I've wiped my playbook and re installed play epub reader that had turned back up in my un installed list? And tried again to load my books onto it and I got the same results it froze then crashed so now I'm sad to say my playbook goes to my granddaughter to watch her cartoons on and I go and treat myself to an early Christmas present of a new ereader ,thanks once more to all you guys who tried your best to help it was much appreciated.

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 06:44 AM
    Best of luck to you OP--hope you get a great Ereader.!

Posted via CB10
    10-25-15 04:26 PM
    I've been using Kobo on my PBs since release with great results, and now I use it on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-26-15 09:38 PM
    I've been using Kobo on my PBs since release with great results, and now I use it on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Glad that worked out well for you and any other eReader people have and are still using,it was just one of those things and such a pity but now this op? That wouldn't mean old person would it? Has finally got his eReader and is happily all fully loaded with his book collection he can sit in his rocking chair with his pipe and slippers and read to his hearts content.

Posted via CB10
    10-27-15 02:57 PM
30 12