I use Files and Folders. You have to set up you email account in the app (I use gmail) but it works great for me.
    Thanks, I can see that works but you can't access your address book. Is there an appointment out there that opens the native email and allows you to send from that?
    05-20-12 06:14 PM
    Thanks, I can see that works but you can't access your address book. Is there an appointment out there that opens the native email and allows you to send from that?
    Sorry I meant 'app'.
    05-20-12 06:15 PM
    Sad, no mention of this being fixed with 2.1 just portrait native email. I have over 12000 photos on my 64gb now, plus 1800 songs, and several hundred documents. Pretty much a waste of time to even think about emailing any of them. Really hope OS10 fixes this
    05-20-12 06:15 PM
    Problem is Files-Folders only does ONE file at a time - besides that it does not link to your contacts. Copy/Paste can help but the process is unnecessarily tedious. And Rim has given no indication other than the Photo app where is uses ALBUMS, that it has the slightest concept of FOLDER organization. As a 13 month old, it still needs its diapers changed manually. Pretty sh1tty, actually.
    05-20-12 07:32 PM
    Me too, as I have been disappointed by this as well. People keep mentioning how iOS and Android have a handy send feature when viewing a photo, but of course our Blackberry phones do too. We are ALL used to things working this way, and the Playbook should be brought up to speed here.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-12 07:50 PM
    Still a chunky process.
    My mother in law is using it now and says she's found a way to attach but it ignores folders so she is left sifting through hundreds of pictures. Is there a fix for that?
    No wonder these things are so cheap :P
    You can email files from within Files and Folders. This application is like a Swiss Army Knife and keeps getting better.
    05-20-12 07:57 PM
    Problem is Files-Folders only does ONE file at a time - besides that it does not link to your contacts. Copy/Paste can help but the process is unnecessarily tedious. And Rim has given no indication other than the Photo app where is uses ALBUMS, that it has the slightest concept of FOLDER organization. As a 13 month old, it still needs its diapers changed manually. Pretty sh1tty, actually.
    I have nothing to add. It's pretty hard to argue with this assessment.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    05-20-12 07:57 PM
    Me too, as I have been disappointed by this as well. People keep mentioning how iOS and Android have a handy send feature when viewing a photo, but of course our Blackberry phones do too. We are ALL used to things working this way, and the Playbook should be brought up to speed here.
    Exactly, OS7 blows the pb away in functionality. On my torch I can have my pics arranged by date, open a folder, select a dozen pics, select "send to", scale them to size, etc.

I really love the pb, I bought 3 of them, but it is no where near what it should be. Other than the swipe gestures, I struggle to find anything my pb can do better than my 9850 For now I use them for browsing, viewing docs on a bigger screen, and playing great little war game.
    05-20-12 08:05 PM
    Sorry I meant 'app'.
    Sadly, there is no app that can send email (that I am aware of). PicShop allows you to snap a picture, edit it and send it to twitter or facebook. It's not exactly what the OP wants but it does allow easy sharing.
    05-20-12 08:11 PM
    Try to take 15 pictures on the beach with the playbook and email it to someone.
    First open email program , then find the 15 pictures on the list of 1000. Then repeat this for 15 times.
    And there are people that don't see the problem???? Yes IOS only had this on version 3.2 I believe , but for the Playbook is about time.
    A sort function would be nice as is categorizing photos in albums in the attachment dialog box. For now, the find icon and a filter string like "img_00000" will do the trick in shortening the list from thousands to less than a hundred... at least for me as the bulk of my other pictures downloaded are in dsc_***.jpg format.
    06-04-12 04:01 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD