I really don't see how it's harder to send a picture with a PB than it is with an Ipad. At least, a PB owner doesn't have to buy an application to do that
    Your answer is misinformed and ignorant.
    Android and ios are much more efficient at sending mail nativel.
    No app necessary.
    They also give option to resize it for a more web friendly size.
    03-04-12 01:14 PM
    Your answer is misinformed and ignorant.
    Android and ios are much more efficient at sending mail nativel.
    No app necessary.
    They also give option to resize it for a more web friendly size.
    Actually, the bbphone also provides a choice of sizes when sending. If truth be told, it is the newer, more advanced pb that lacks in features!

Alluding back to my earlier post, I guess you could make the process less clunk (yeah, sure, follow this logic!) by sending or copying the picture on the pb to your bbphone. Then you can attach it to a bridged-email much easier as you can organize photos and find attachments on the bbphone in folders. Got it? Good! Go for it. (now does this make sending photos seem clunky? I dare you to say it works well on the pb)
    Last edited by F2; 03-04-12 at 02:10 PM.
    03-04-12 02:07 PM
    In so many ways its hard to believe these use ability issues are from the same company that makes BlackBerry phones...

New Platform yes, but if you can't do what the old one can, are you in someways taking a backwards step?

I have a feeling the 'media' apps are next to get a massive overhaul. Media is right for Cascades, something flashy and functional please!
    03-04-12 02:45 PM
    In so many ways its hard to believe these use ability issues are from the same company that makes BlackBerry phones...

New Platform yes, but if you can't do what the old one can, are you in someways taking a backwards step?

I have a feeling the 'media' apps are next to get a massive overhaul. Media is right for Cascades, something flashy and functional please!
    Yes I'm sure this will be coming sooooon... I hope at least because Yes.... it is a bit clunky. As for hundreds of pics though, there are several apps (free and paid) you could use to organise them with.

I think the KEY thing is here.... the playbook actually takes pictures that are worth sending, unlike the crap pics that my (dusty) iPad takes
    03-04-12 03:00 PM
    Emailing a pic from the PB is pretty well a "You've got to be kidding!" moment. Right up there with "What do you mean I can't edit my bookmarks!?"

It's like getting into a luxury car and getting vinyl seats.
    FF22 likes this.
    03-04-12 03:11 PM
    Emailing a pic from the PB is pretty well a "You've got to be kidding!" moment. Right up there with "What do you mean I can't edit my bookmarks!?"

It's like getting into a luxury car and getting vinyl seats.

It is not even limited to photos, it happens for any attachment. Docs are the same way but I don't tend to have 1,000 docs but I do have that many photos on it. And if it even sorted the newest (just taken photo) first, it would help. No such luck. It is almost laughable how archaic that aspect of the pb is.

The pb is a terrific device in many respects but just this feature or ABSENT feature could derail potential purchasers (except they don't know it till it slaps them in the face). And, yes, each time I run into it, I get really annoyed again.

Whomever wrote/programmed the File system on this thing really needs a refresher course from the late 1990's.
    Last edited by F2; 03-04-12 at 03:34 PM.
    Swirlz and malcerie like this.
    03-04-12 03:32 PM
    Anyone in here have files and folders? If so, how does the experimental send in email work? Saw another one that claimed the feature but don't know if it works or is an Android.
    03-04-12 03:55 PM
    Anyone in here have files and folders? If so, how does the experimental send in email work? Saw another one that claimed the feature but don't know if it works or is an Android.
    It's works with my Gmail, but only photo at a time, no access to your contacts. I'm using the native app.
    03-04-12 04:39 PM
    Attaching pictures to native email is very simple and slick. Write up your message, tap attachment, it opens a box asking what you want to attach, picture, video, document. Tap picture, it opens your picture folder, select whatever pictures you want. At bottom tap attach, goes back to your email, tap send, its gone. I find it excellent.
    03-04-12 08:39 PM
    Attaching pictures to native email is very simple and slick. Write up your message, tap attachment, it opens a box asking what you want to attach, picture, video, document. Tap picture, it opens your picture folder, select whatever pictures you want. At bottom tap attach, goes back to your email, tap send, its gone. I find it excellent.
    Try it if you have 1,000 photos, even nicely located in what the Photo/Picture app calls Albums (folders), they all show up in one very, very, very .... long list.
    03-04-12 09:14 PM
    Oh yeah, it's not a huge deal, but still that's irksome. I have about a thousand photos on my PB too. I just had to send two screen shots in two seperate emails. Unfortunately unlike the picture application which seperates camera photos into its own folder and appears to put the most recent on the top, the mail attachment clumps everything together with the most recent on the bottom. I was like: scroll, scroll, scroll, srcrooooooolll..... And then I had to do it again for a follow-up email. At least I knew they were at the bottom. If I had to look through all of them, I would have been even more annoyed.
    03-04-12 11:37 PM
    Such a basic application flaw is very bad.

Doesn't help me believe RIM can compete in this market.
    03-09-12 08:22 PM
    I am, let's say, probably older than most on this post and dearly love my playbook.

I understand clearly that it's not too difficult to attach a file to an email, however, I find it reprehensible that today I cannot view a photo, pull down a menu and select "send to" someone or "send by" bluetooth, wifi etc.
    03-09-12 09:32 PM
    I am, let's say, probably older than most on this post and dearly love my playbook.

I understand clearly that it's not too difficult to attach a file to an email, however, I find it reprehensible that today I cannot view a photo, pull down a menu and select "send to" someone or "send by" bluetooth, wifi etc.
    I am a new Playbook owner, and was pretty shocked at this as well. I personally love a lot about the OS, but using iOS as an example you can easily send photos (or any other file for that matter) from within pretty much any app whether it's native or 3rd party with the click of a button. I am going to guess there's similar functionality in Android as well. I am not posting to bad mouth the Playbook as I am really liking it over all. But it's a pretty glaring omission IMO.
    03-09-12 09:50 PM

I'll show my medicare card if you show yours!
    03-09-12 11:18 PM
    I would think this will be coming in one of our updates soon.
    03-10-12 05:46 AM

Should be very easy to implement. Works this way on android and ios.
    03-10-12 09:17 AM
    Some File Manager apps allow emailing attachments by simply finding the file (picture, etc.) and asking to email it. Going to email program is NOT required! Works fine for me!
    03-10-12 09:29 AM
    Get rid of your MILITARY. That's the problem. Sending photos is so simple with PB.
    03-10-12 10:22 AM
    Try to take 15 pictures on the beach with the playbook and email it to someone.
    First open email program , then find the 15 pictures on the list of 1000. Then repeat this for 15 times.
    And there are people that don't see the problem???? Yes IOS only had this on version 3.2 I believe , but for the Playbook is about time.
    FF22 likes this.
    05-20-12 01:24 PM
    It is what it is until RIM adds that. Until then some file managers work.
    05-20-12 01:33 PM
    And it seems to remain what it is in spite of someone who will rename nameless who stated this back in March:

"I would think this will be coming in one of our updates soon. "

Recognize the resemblance?
    05-20-12 02:25 PM
    And it seems to remain what it is in spite of someone who will rename nameless who stated this back in March:

"I would think this will be coming in one of our updates soon. "

Recognize the resemblance?
    LOL I hear ya. Nothing more to say.
    05-20-12 02:29 PM
    And which files managers are those? Please tell.
    05-20-12 05:50 PM
    And which files managers are those? Please tell.
    I use Files and Folders. You have to set up you email account in the app (I use gmail) but it works great for me.
    kbz1960 and Haseleyman like this.
    05-20-12 06:06 PM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD