I am slow with this Tablet thing? Can't figure out how to e-mail the pictures I just took with the Playbook. If RIM supplies the software for this incredible device, I will be extremely happy with it,not JUST happy.
    04-23-11 01:20 PM
    If you are bridged with your blackberry phone then go into mail app and compose message. Then select paper clip to attach file. If not bridged use web mail through browser and attach file.

No way to email directly from picture at this time that I have found.
    loumadcow likes this.
    04-23-11 01:24 PM
    I have sent pictures using the bridge. Just start the email and hit the attach(paper clip). Did not try using web based email. Curious now going to go try.
    loumadcow likes this.
    04-23-11 01:25 PM
    Just keep in mind the attachment is happening on your bridged phone, it is pretty slow since the image files i believe are going over bluetooth to your phone. 1690 os it was very buggy attaching the image twice but i think this is fixed. Sending from the pictures app would have to call up an email or mms client anyway so it's a little convoluted but basically the same steps just not as intuitive.
    loumadcow likes this.
    04-23-11 06:27 PM
    Just log into your hotmail/gmail/or yahoo account and send them as normal.
    loumadcow and Scotter75 like this.
    04-23-11 07:55 PM
    with the current browser i cannot send pictures in gmail or hotmail.. I dont know why.. Any clue why I cant.. Or am i missing something.. i can do it via bridge.. but it is a bit slower
    04-24-11 10:46 PM
    This is pretty crazy. As an iPhone user and playbook owner this is a good example of why blackberry is going down.

Take a lead from apple and make emailing a picture an easy process.

The new OS didn't even fix this issue... My PB is going up for sale. Not getting an iPad, but blackberry is not even a contender as far as I'm concerned.
    03-04-12 08:03 AM
    Native mail now fixes these issues, simply compose the message then select the attachments, then attach the photos you want to send
    Scotter75 likes this.
    03-04-12 08:05 AM
    Still a chunky process.
    My mother in law is using it now and says she's found a way to attach but it ignores folders so she is left sifting through hundreds of pictures. Is there a fix for that?
    No wonder these things are so cheap :P
    Last edited by headshok2002; 03-04-12 at 08:29 AM.
    03-04-12 08:15 AM
    This is pretty crazy. As an iPhone user and playbook owner this is a good example of why blackberry is going down.

The new OS didn't even fix this issue... My PB is going up for sale. Not getting an iPad, but blackberry is not even a contender as far as I'm concerned.
    Please, before making negative comments make sure your knowledge about the PlayBook is correct. The PlayBook now has the ability to send pictures and messages since the last update bought native email to this wonderful and powerful tablet
    03-04-12 08:16 AM
    If you have wifi and using the native browser it works great and fast. If using bridge then yes it is a bit more tedious to attach and it takes a bit to get the pics bluetoothed to the phone to send but I'm just quite happy that I can get the job done.

Sure love how good of pictures it takes that I can and want to send.
    03-04-12 08:20 AM
    Still a chunky process.
    My mother in law is using it now and says she's found a way to attach but it ignores folders so she is left sifting through hundreds of folders. Is there a fix for that?
    I didn't know you could put pictures in folders on the playbook. I didn't find it to be a "chunky" process, I thought it was rather easy.......do you even own a PlayBook?
    djnshores and Scotter75 like this.
    03-04-12 08:22 AM
    Powerful, yes. Wonderful? Not so much.
    It's worth the 199 I paid but at retail it can't compete.

So we have found out how to email, but are still sifting through a whole lot of pictures to attach... Though they are sorted into folders in the photo album. The email attach process ignores this organization.

I know how people tend to ignore the flaws of their beloved blackberries... The same as apple fanboys will camp out for the next big thing (that still doesn't support flash and nannies it's owners in countless other ways).

I own stock in RIM and I'm having a facepalm moment.
    03-04-12 08:24 AM
    I didn't know you could put pictures in folders on the playbook. I didn't find it to be a "chunky" process, I thought it was rather easy.......do you even own a PlayBook?
    It's the mother in laws playbook now. She's visiting and going to take it home with her

Haha, no, you cannot put pictures into folder on the phone (which is pretty sad).
    These folders exist because the photos were transferred from a computer as such.
    03-04-12 08:27 AM
    It's the mother in laws playbook now. She's visiting and going to take it home with her

Haha, no, you cannot put pictures into folder on the phone (which is pretty sad).
    These folders exist because the photos were transferred from a computer as such.
    I hope you find a tablet that suits ALL of your needs and wants. GOOD luck with that and may the force be with you
    03-04-12 08:39 AM
    Please, before making negative comments make sure your knowledge about the PlayBook is correct. The PlayBook now has the ability to send pictures and messages since the last update bought native email to this wonderful and powerful tablet
    But the process is clunky. WIth no folder organization, you have to sift through hundreds of photos to find just one.
    Would be nice if the pictures application had a menu option for mail. This way while looking at your pictures if you find one or a group you like you choose them then click email and it laucnhes the email app with your selections set as the attachment.
    malcerie and FF22 like this.
    03-04-12 08:43 AM
    Haha, I do think I'll need some Jedi magic on my side if I'm to find the perfect tablet.

I'm just bitter because after having been thoroughly annoyed with a few things prior to the new OS I'm doubly bitter to find that they've had a year to try and save face but really have missed the mark. These are pretty simple software issues that ought to be fixed.

Like, why can't you create albums from within the playbook OS? This thing is a terrific piece of hardware and I loved the camera, which led to lots of pictures being taken. It'd be nice to organize them! My iPhone has 1200 plus pics on it so creating albums was a must.

Love the hardware, can't handle the software. The mother in law isn't exactly tech savvy so I'm afraid my future is going to be as an IT help guy for her playbook. :P
    03-04-12 08:51 AM
    But the process is clunky. WIth no folder organization, you have to sift through hundreds of photos to find just one.
    Would be nice if the pictures application had a menu option for mail. This way while looking at your pictures if you find one or a group you like you choose them then click email and it laucnhes the email app with your selections set as the attachment.
    Bingo.

When I pulled down the photo menu I was pretty shocked to not see any kind of "send" option.
    03-04-12 08:52 AM
    OK you win , but according to the original OP's remark, the PlayBook now has the ability to send pictures via email. The folder concept is nice......but can we have just a little patients, we just got email
    03-04-12 08:52 AM

I really don't see how it's harder to send a picture with a PB than it is with an Ipad. At least, a PB owner doesn't have to buy an application to do that
    03-04-12 08:53 AM
    Bingo.

When I pulled down the photo menu I was pretty shocked to not see any kind of "send" option.
    A few post ago, you stated the playbook didn't even have the ability to send pictures. Do you even own a PlayBook (once again) ......are you trolling...?
    03-04-12 09:00 AM
    Wow I was able to attach pictures before 2.0 in webmail and from my bb mail. Yes it would be nice to have a "send to" option which I'm sure will be in one of the incremental updates we will be getting. I believe some of the file managers have a send in email option or think I've read that.
    03-04-12 09:10 AM
    I really don't see how it's harder to send a picture with a PB than it is with an Ipad. At least, a PB owner doesn't have to buy an application to do that

Really you don't see how it's harder to send an email on a PB than an iPad?? W/ an iPad you chose the photo you want to send and tap the send icon and choos email. No logging into web email is necessary.

There is no app needed. Maybe that was a little dig I'm not sure. The PB has its pros but I think that sending a picture easily and quickly is not one of them.
    03-04-12 09:10 AM
    OK you win , but according to the original OP's remark, the PlayBook now has the ability to send pictures via email. The folder concept is nice......but can we have just a little patients, we just got email
    Yeah, the OP was certainly worse off than I was...

Have you ever even used an iPad? You must be a troll.
    Jokes.
    Seriously, though, if you don't see how it's easier, I can only deduce that you've not used an iPhone or iPad. First, without any non-native App required, you take the picture, you look at the picture, you've got a menu for imessage, email, facebook, twitter and a few other things. You choose your option and are pretty much done. Does that not sound easier than snapping a photo, opening up your mail, composing a message, clicking the paper clip and then scrolling through however many photos you've got to choose the one(s) you want to send? Seriously?

A few post ago, you stated the playbook didn't even have the ability to send pictures. Do you even own a PlayBook (once again) ......are you trolling...?

When did I say that it couldn't send pictures? I said it was crazy and that it should be an easy process. She had found out how to attach via email using the paper clip, but it's a rather convoluted process, no?

Haha, I offer criticism and I'm a troll? Sorry, but my Sunday mornings aren't a time for me to invent an elaborate story to bash a product I do not own.

Wow I was able to attach pictures before 2.0 in webmail and from my bb mail. Yes it would be nice to have a "send to" option which I'm sure will be in one of the incremental updates we will be getting. I believe some of the file managers have a send in email option or think I've read that.
    This is what I'm talking about. Sure, hopefully complaints like mine will go noticed and may get fixed down the road, but they had a year to do this. I'll be emailing blackberry/RIM in the meantime to express my distaste for their apparent laziness or obliviousness.

The issue here is that the PlayBook notoriously flopped on initial release. Big hit for their reputation as they released a product that was really sub-par. So they offer some fixes to hold people over until the much lauded 2.0 is released. They take a bloody year to make people happy but still miss some really obvious flaws.

Another issue is that people will defend the product because of some weird personal attachment to it. You paid money for this thing, you ought to be critical of it. Consumers are rather ignorant these days and that's the reason we've got Apple products without Flash and PlayBooks that are clunky and not user-friendly. If people buy 'em and don't complain, where's the incentive to do better? The one way we can send a message is by pawning off said sub-par device to your mother in law and going back to the drawing board to look for a machine that'll do more of what I want. That's looking like Android now, but I have no experience with it though am aware it is not without its own flaws.
    Last edited by headshok2002; 03-04-12 at 10:03 AM.
    OttawaGabe and FF22 like this.
    03-04-12 10:00 AM
    Still a chunky process.
    My mother in law is using it now and says she's found a way to attach but it ignores folders so she is left sifting through hundreds of pictures. Is there a fix for that?
    If there is a fix for the HUNDREDS and no folder structure I've missed it. That is one of my pet peeves. BUT what I just noticed, testing it again (using Bridge mail), that if you want to send a picture from the pb that is ON THE PHONE, it does use Folders on the phone. For some stupid reason, it melds all folders/subfolders on the pb into a huge mess!

And, yes, I've complained since the beginning that on my bbphone, I can be looking at a picture and I can ATTACH AND SEND it from that viewing. I do not have to go an open the email app, try finding that most recent picture in a pile of 1,000's and attach it that way. While a bit less clumsy but still awkward, it you rename a picture (or remember its arcane name), you can search when trying to attach it.
    Last edited by F2; 03-04-12 at 11:04 AM.
    03-04-12 10:55 AM
60 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD