I upgraded to the new OS for my playbook and evertime I send a message with my work e-mail I get a duplicate message sent.

After I press send the message goes to a red X and a top of the message it reads "there was an interruption in sending this message please try again" Yet I get the same e-mail message I created with a check mark saying it was sent. After a little while the original message gets sent.

So I am getting duplicate messages being sent. - this account is my work Exchange Server

I have other e-mail accounts on my playbook - gmail - and I do not get duplicates with those ones.

Any Ideas?? Please help.
    04-18-12 09:02 PM
    Same thing happening here. Added an Exchange account, getting the same symptoms as mentioned above. Tried to drop the account and re-add but the same thing happening.
    04-18-12 10:13 PM
    same thing here. I have wiped the device and aslo removed the mobile device from the exchange server. Message is delivered but also remains in Outbox so email gets resent every few minutes unless deleted.
    04-19-12 06:49 AM
    I did the same - hope it get fixed soon.

Anybody have ideas to fix it??
    04-19-12 07:26 AM
    I did the same - hope it get fixed soon.

Anybody have ideas to fix it??
    To be honest there is nothing wrong with it. I have two Exchange accounts on my PB and my hotmail account. After the update to 2.0.1 everything remained intact.

I wonder if you install DM 7.0 and plug your playbook in does it ask you to upgrade your OS to 2.0.1? I had this problem with 2.0 and before I updated it through the desktop manager I was having funky issues with my PB, after the update no issues, so I would first check that and if that fails backup anything you don't want to lose and do a secure wipe and try again.
    04-19-12 07:40 AM
    same thing here. I have wiped the device and aslo removed the mobile device from the exchange server. Message is delivered but also remains in Outbox so email gets resent every few minutes unless deleted.
    The email that is being stuck in your outbox is an Exchange and or ActiveSync issue not a playbook issue. Check Microsoft's forums.
    04-19-12 07:43 AM
    If the email worked fine before the update and then not after, it can't just be a Microsoft problem? Something changed. I am having the same problem. I also noticed the contact lookups when composing emails often hangs and it didn't in 2.0..seems like it is something to do with contacting the server? Anybody have any ideas besides it is an activesync problem?
    04-19-12 10:33 PM
    If the email worked fine before the update and then not after, it can't just be a Microsoft problem? Something changed. I am having the same problem. I also noticed the contact lookups when composing emails often hangs and it didn't in 2.0..seems like it is something to do with contacting the server? Anybody have any ideas besides it is an activesync problem?
    If messes are being delivered but you are seeing them still in the outbox the issue is related to ActiveSync/Exchange. Talk to your systems administrator or invest in getting your MCITP certs if you are the administrator.
    04-20-12 05:03 AM
    I will talk to our admn, but the problem doesn't exist with my 9850...cant just be activesync. It is the interaction of the pb with os update and activesync.
    04-20-12 05:56 AM
    yet i am not getting duplicate messages on my 9900 or pc with outlook

it has happened since update

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900
    04-20-12 07:14 AM
    I have the same problem on my PB post-update, and not on any of my other devices. I'm sure they'll fix it but I think I'll stick to sending emails from my phone until the next update!
    04-20-12 07:34 PM
    Yes. Same issue here. Doesn't happen on any of my other tablets or phones (just my PB). Tried removing and re-adding the account but no difference. Replying to emails is fine. Just sending new emails...
    04-20-12 07:42 PM
    It has to be a playbook issue - I never had a problem until the update and like everyone else says, it's only with the exchange account and only within the playbook email application (doesn't occur in the bridge to my blackberry phone).

Definitely a bug in the new download. But at least I can just use the bridge email while we wait for RIM to fix it.
    04-22-12 09:43 AM
    It has to be a playbook issue - I never had a problem until the update and like everyone else says, it's only with the exchange account and only within the playbook email application (doesn't occur in the bridge to my blackberry phone).

Definitely a bug in the new download. But at least I can just use the bridge email while we wait for RIM to fix it.
    Good luck with that. RIM T-Support has already said if your emails are getting stuck in your Outlook Outbox and or are being sent the issue is with your mail server. This is a known Microsoft problem with Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010. It's actually related to the mailbox more than the server itself.

Andrew
    04-22-12 10:03 AM
    This is Playbook is the issue. Other devices using activesync on our servers are not experiencing the same issue. I have been unable to utilize the native email since it's inception. I still can use it for my Gmail accounts etc... But work is the bulk of my email so it's just easier to do it all on my 9900.

Unfortunately, our IT department doesn't consider this to be a priority given the few amount of PB in our ecosystem.

If anyone has a solution, I am eager to hear it. If the send issue was remedied, Iwould buy the keyboard and leave my laptop on the desk.
    04-22-12 10:43 AM
    Good luck with that. RIM T-Support has already said if your emails are getting stuck in your Outlook Outbox and or are being sent the issue is with your mail server. This is a known Microsoft problem with Exchange 2003, 2007, and 2010. It's actually related to the mailbox more than the server itself.

Andrew

So why was it working immediately before the OS update, but the bug occurred immediately after the OS update?

What changed on my Outlook server, but not my playbook?
    04-22-12 04:37 PM
    So why was it working immediately before the OS update, but the bug occurred immediately after the OS update?

What changed on my Outlook server, but not my playbook?
    True. Also, one would expect the various iOS and Android devices in our office to have the same problem, but it's only my PB post-update. It has to be a PB bug, which I expect they will fix soon.
    04-22-12 06:25 PM
    on the BlackBerry forums a IT person with the same issue has a ticket with RIM tech support - I hope they get the issue fixed. As it was not a issue until I updated and I just got the bluetooth keyboard.
    04-22-12 08:00 PM
    I am having the same issue and agree that it is a PB issue. I sure hope it is resolved soon as this is pretty annoying--more so to my recipients than me. It is embarrassing to me.
    04-26-12 02:00 AM
    I am having the same issue and agree that it is a PB issue. I sure hope it is resolved soon as this is pretty annoying--more so to my recipients than me. It is embarrassing to me.
    Not ideal, but I delete the red X email immediately and the original goes without a duplicate. I didn't have this problem with 2.0, but got it with the latest update. Seems turning on the bridge triggered it, but removing bridge didn't fix it. Also was getting weird certificate requests. We are on exchange 2003, running Outlook 2010 pc clients. Problem only on PB. All PB users at our company, no IPad users have the issue using same Exchange Activesnyc Server
    Last edited by kjm2010; 08-17-12 at 04:40 PM.
    04-26-12 08:01 PM
    All pb's on our corporate activesync exchange server have the same issue. It started immediately after the 2.0.1.358 os upgrade. No issue with other tablets on the same server, so definitely a RIM issue. It worked perfectly prior to the os upgrade.

Very annoying problem for pb users and people getting two or three repetitive emails.
    04-27-12 08:50 AM
    Duplicate emails from Exchange Activesync email account (but not three other IMAP accounts) since 2.0.1.358 OS update. No issue with other devices (iPhone/Outlook clients/Android) on the same Exchange server (or recent changes/updates to Exchange), so definitely a newly-introduced RIM/PB issue. Also worked perfectly prior to this latest OS upgrade.

Deleting the 'sent' email with the hourglass-clock immediately after sending the email seems to work. What a kludge of a solution, though. C'mon RIM!
    05-03-12 07:21 AM

Deleting the 'sent' email with the hourglass-clock immediately after sending the email seems to work. What a kludge of a solution, though. C'mon RIM!
    You can wait for the hour glass to stop and the red X to appear and still delete in time to avoid the duplicates.....provided you remember to delete it, which I don't always remember to do.
    05-03-12 05:52 PM
    Subscribed. Have the same issue with both exchange accounts on my PlayBook. Hope to see a resolution soon.
    05-30-12 01:28 AM
    Just to add more info... I updated to latest OS 2.0.1.358 and had no issues. Yesterday had to do OS wipe and reinstall (as was having issues with the android player). Figured a fresh OS install would clean things up.

Now have the exact same issue. Since I had activesync working before, I know it is the latest version of the OS install that causes the problem.... in fact it was working a few days ago on the same OS version...but something on the reinstall broke it..

Most definitely a PB bug as it wasn't happening until I reinstalled the OS.
    05-30-12 08:45 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD