When I try and open an attachment to an e-mail it starts the download (apparently) but then just hangs. After quite a while it times out and returns to the "tap to download".

Brand new Playbook, just uploaded the latetst OS upgrade 1.03.1868

It's bridged to a 9700, connecting to a BES server (which is pretty old software, 4.??). The attachment opens fine on the 9700.

Where am I missing something?
    05-13-11 08:01 PM
    I had a few issues with this as well and am bridged and on a corp BES server at work. First few times I tried to download say a word attachment nothing happened, it would download as I saw the progress bar complete to 100%. Once I tapped to open PB would try and open word and nothing. After a few reboots it now works and I do notice that it takes a few extra seconds while word or exel, or PP opens up the attachment. All of that being said it works extremely well now. Maybe try a full restart and see what happens. Are you supported at all by IT within your office, perhaps they might be able to help. We are on our own at my office as only a few of us are on a pilot with PB's bridged to corporate BB's.

Oh, the other limitation I when bridged is attachment file size, anything over 3mb will not open. Could be a carrier size file restriction but I am not sure.
    05-14-11 06:18 AM
    3mb limit is on the BB device side, nothing to do with being bridged
    05-14-11 06:52 AM
    I would suggest updating to BES/BESX 5.0, have heard lots of attachment issues with 4.X versions.... may not be supported.
    05-14-11 09:06 AM
    Thanks for the replies. Still trying to learn all the little nuances of how they work together. I've had someluck with a few files, PDFs mainly. The files I've had the most problems with are .XLS and are only 450k in size. When I look on the phone, the attachment says "downloading" although I can view it on the phone itself. Seems to be hung up at 12%.

I do get the sensation that it maybe tied to the BES 4.x version. Unfortunately I am the "IT" guy, so it looks like I'll be learning another bag of tricks
    05-14-11 10:14 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD