hey guys,

have any of you done purchases/transactions on the playbook? buying stuff from amazon, flights from expedia or an airline site, etc...getting my playbook shipped soon, and was just wondering about this...
    09-10-11 11:36 AM
    I've bought stuff from ebay (using paypal) and amazon no prob.
    Do online banking too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-11 12:07 PM
    I've bought stuff from ebay (using paypal) and amazon no prob.
    Do online banking too...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Ditto on all 3. I wasn't sure how the Playbook dealt with secure SSL (https://) sites and the security. But I tried my online banking site that does rigorous checks of the browser and it's ability to execute encrypted transactions and the Playbook passed with flying colors.

My only recommendation would be to not check any "Remember me" options at login just in case you lose your Playbook. Also, my online banking presents me with an optionat login to remember me on this computer. I always opt to no. I'd rather have the extra step logging in ensuring security so I can feel comfortable being able to do online banking on the go.

This holds true for both the standard browser as well as the Bridge browser.
    Send Again likes this.
    09-10-11 12:39 PM
    Today I pre-paid some tickets for next Year's Olympics (para) and all went smoothly. Now just a matter of waiting and see if we got them from the draw.
    09-10-11 02:12 PM
    I wouldn't do it on unsecured wi-fi. At home, yes.
    09-10-11 06:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD