I just bought my Playbook like two weeks ago here in Qatar, i've noticed that the KOBO application is not working. Is there any other e-book reader that i could install because i want to download free e-books. and i want to use my PB to read books also. tnx!
    11-16-11 08:34 AM
    Do you have the latest OS? (1.073312)
    Also: Uninstall Kobo, reset you PB an re-install Kobo.
    Kobo had problems working on the PB for a good while but if you have the latest it will likely work as expected.
    yurizacky likes this.
    11-16-11 08:44 AM
    The Kobo issue has been resolved. I never had it but my co-worker did. Now it should work.
    I've purchased four e-books in six months from Kobo and I like it quite a bit. The size is perfect.
    yurizacky likes this.
    11-16-11 08:53 AM
    "book reader" is available in the app store. Very inexpensive and very good reader with fantastic support.

check out this thread:

http://forums.crackberry.com/playboo...aybook-638953/
    yurizacky likes this.
    11-16-11 05:39 PM
    I have Play EPub and Book Reader as my favorite apps from AppWorld
    I also have EPUB Reader and SVIT

Each has a little different way of doing things.
    I would suggest getting the first two.
    These apps have easy access to the free books

However, I use the master website archive.org

Internet Archive: Digital Library of Free Books, Movies, Music & Wayback Machine

which has direct access to all the main non-profit on-line libraries for freeware books/music/video
    yurizacky likes this.
    11-16-11 06:33 PM
    thanks Daruba, im using the latest OS. and yes i did uninstalled the KOBO and installed it again. now its working. thanks for all your advice.
    11-16-11 11:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD