Hello everyone,

I just picked up my 64 GB playbook for $229.99 plus tax. I am super excited about this thing, and have high hopes for the 2.0 release. Having an android phone, I have to say my only major concern is lack of Dvorak layout for the keyboard. Is there a way in which I can get dvorak on this thing? I saw that there is a program called Dvorakize on App World, but I believe it is only for the smartphones as I cannot see it on my PB. Can I run an android keyboard program such as SwiftKey? How hard would it be to remap the native keyboard on the PB? Is that something which I can request for 2.0? Thanks guys. I'm looking forward to being part of this community.
    01-07-12 12:29 AM
    I don't know what will be offered or is offered in OS2 (and Android) but it is NOT available in OS1.
    01-07-12 10:04 AM
    They've provided no way for third-party devs to change the keyboard layout.

Rooting the device would probably allow it, based on what I learned about the keyboard stuff even before it was rooted. The keyboard stuff is pretty reconfigurable, but there's simply no RIM-supplied way of doing that, and because of the OS security it's inaccessible to apps and devs right now. Maybe we'll see an API provided some time after 2.0.
    01-07-12 10:15 AM
    I was able to modify the AZERTY keyboard on the simulator. With root access to a playbook I should be ably to modify the AZERTY to a DVORAK keymap.
    01-07-12 04:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD