I've read some of the threads on Crackberry about puttting dvds on the playbook and I was wondering if anyone knows of software to convert the dvd to playbook. I seen software like anydvd which allows you to put movies on ipods, but I cannot locate any for Playbook. Thanks in advance.

Bold 9930 + Playbook
    01-01-12 05:47 PM
    Handbrake is my favorite. Free.
    Do a search on the forums for video conversion.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...ersion-676282/

Here is a thread with some handbrake advice.
    Last edited by Chaddface; 01-01-12 at 05:58 PM.
    madman0141 likes this.
    01-01-12 05:53 PM
    I use two programs, AnyDVD and CloneDVDmobile by SlySoft.

The first rips the copy protection and the second converts to a mobile version.

There might be others that do both in one program but I've been using these for years.
    madman0141 likes this.
    01-01-12 05:54 PM
    I have been wondering the same thing myself. I will have to give it a shot.
    01-01-12 06:04 PM
    I emailed slysoft and they claimed not to know but if it works for you thats good enough for me to try. Thanks again
    01-01-12 06:13 PM
    Aimersoft video converter ultimate. Very easy with preset settings for PB.
    FirstBerry101 and tropicalmom like this.
    01-01-12 06:30 PM
    Try magicdvdripper. It comes with a free trial of 5 rips. Rip using the Apple TV listing. Create a folder on your PC to download to. After that, usb your Playbook to your PC and click/drag into the video in Playbook files. I've tried quite a few and this was by far the easiest.
    01-01-12 07:34 PM
    I have not found the default setting for playbook - But converting to mp4 format seams to work when I use this program.
    01-01-12 07:38 PM
    I have not found the default setting for playbook - But converting to mp4 format seams to work when I use this program.
    Device option under profile...pick blackberry then playbook.
    01-01-12 08:07 PM
    Ive been using Pavtube for awhile now, not only does it have playbook templates, but I haven't ran into anything I cant convert, Ive been ripping flash vids all morning, My goflex satellite is in danger of being stuffed like I was the day after turkey day,
    01-02-12 08:18 AM
    I like DVD Fab. It does not have a PB profile, but you can make one. You simply use the wizard and point it to a video that you took with the PB or a video that is converted and it will analyze for you and provide the proper settings. DVD Fab rips from DVD, Blue Ray or does a file conversion.
    01-02-12 09:14 AM
    Thanks for this rec. The download video and record streaming video functions sound great. I'm going to try it out.
    01-02-12 10:09 AM
    Another one to consider is DVD Catalyst 4. I've found it extremely easy to use; just one click to convert a DVD for Playbook.
    jjca likes this.
    01-02-12 01:52 PM
    I have used a few but they all end up with issues of Audio being slightly out of sync with video

I have tried anydyd any video converter dvd decrypter and shrink.

I will try catalyst next
    01-02-12 04:19 PM
    you may want a dvd ripper to rip dvd video file to other format suitfor playbook. i recommod leawo dvdripper to you. you can get a free one in DVD Converter software-rip DVD, copy DVD and create DVD on windows or Mac OS X
    02-27-12 01:25 AM
    Now, nobody recommended the same software twice. Too much choice here....
    02-27-12 01:37 AM
    Well, I'll second DVD Catalyst. Costs $10. It's fast and worth it. Has a PlayBook output option.

Official home of DVD Catalyst 4 - convert fast and easy AVI DVD MKV to Bionic Droid iPad iPhone iPod Iconica Innotab Galaxy Tab Playbook Transformer Prime Thrive Vita Xoom and more
    02-27-12 01:50 AM
    To add to your confusion, here's my picks

I use DVD Shrink (free) to remove the macrovison encryption and rip the unencrypted output to hard drive.

I've used DVD Catalyst (paid), Handbrake (free), and Freemake (free) to produce the Playbook version.

DVD Catalyst is probably easiest to use (just select the PB output and click on "go") and is my go-to option, Handbrake and Freemake offer more options to alter bit rate, audio stream, pixel shape, etc, etc. Both are powerful, but Freemake works at around twice the speed when encoding the video, so pips Handbrake for me.

I mostly use DVD catalyst for quick wins (watch-once shows to take on the road), and Freemake for Hollywood Blockbusters that I might want to see again.

Try them all and see which you prefer - most are free, and DVD Catalyst has a free trial period (IIRC).
    02-27-12 01:51 AM
    I have just tried to use the free trial of aimersoft. No idea how to start. I have put the DVD in my desktop, selected the PlayBook preset, and what do I do next. I have started reading the very confused or confusing at least tutorial, but I don't have that much time for that sh*t....
    02-27-12 01:59 AM
    A free quick and easy solution would be Freemake and DVD Decrypter. Freemake even has a setting just for the PB!
    Free Video Converter| MP4 FLV 3GP AVI MKV DVD| FREE Download

Download DVD Decrypter 3.5.4.0 - Download - FileHippo.com
    02-27-12 06:16 AM
    This is one touch ripping/converting to the Playbook. Insert DVD, one click and walk away to mow the lawn, wash the car, (or do the dishes if so commanded), and you will have a perfect copy to place into your playbook. If you play on big screen, still looks good, you can see a bit of the "re-sample/compression" on the big tv, most people won't notice. But PEREFCT for the Playbook.

Ibelieve it also handles to Copy protect, but I use DVD43 to handle that issue. With My PERSONAL DVD collection.

Carl
    02-27-12 09:59 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD