Hi there

I am trying to get some of my purchased DVD's onto my playbook and am having a slight issue with the new Skyfall movie, as there are some subtle regular pauses in the picture upon playback on the PB.

I have managed to get an older DVD onto the PB and working with no issue - however the Skyfall one is proving difficult.

I am using Freemake video converter and have tried both mp4 & wmv format but the same subtle pauses continue.

Any ideas gratefully received.
    Regards
    Steve
    03-23-13 06:26 AM
    I use Magicdvdripper with the Apple TV ripper setting. I've downloaded tons of movies to my Playbook and have never experienced what you describe.

The one thing I can think of is this: Maybe it's the DVD? Try cleaning the DVD before ripping it? Maybe it has a smudges or scratches that's causing it? Good luck and I hope you get it figured out.
    stevewoodrow11 likes this.
    03-23-13 07:57 AM
    Hi there

I am trying to get some of my purchased DVD's onto my playbook and am having a slight issue with the new Skyfall movie, as there are some subtle regular pauses in the picture upon playback on the PB.

I have managed to get an older DVD onto the PB and working with no issue - however the Skyfall one is proving difficult.

I am using Freemake video converter and have tried both mp4 & wmv format but the same subtle pauses continue.

Any ideas gratefully received.
    Regards
    Steve
    Hi Steve

I haven't yet tried to put Skyfall onto my PB (waiting for the price of the DVD to drop!) but I have never had any 'jumpy' issues with any of the other personally owned DVDs (100+) that I have ripped. I'm using AoA DVD Ripper and my copy settings are mp4, h264, 1280x720, 29.97 frame rate, 2000 video rate, 256 audio rate (which gives DVD quality when played back via my PB onto a wide-screen hotel TV)

Hope this helps

Alex
    03-23-13 08:20 AM
    I've used Freemake to convert a number of DVDs but the results have been less than satisfactory for me. My solution was to buy Tipard. If you'll be doing a lot of conversions, this software may be worth the price for you. It was for me. Far better quality of conversion, more options, etc. Check out their website.
    03-23-13 08:20 AM
    I've just drag and dropped the VOB files on to the Playbook, rename them with the title-1, and let Kalemsoft Video Player play them, with no conversion. Seems the quickest and easiest method for me. Kalemsoft VP also seems to play back a lot of vids satisfactorily that were jumpy when using the built in Playbook player.
    03-24-13 08:01 AM
    I've used Freemake to convert a number of DVDs but the results have been less than satisfactory for me. My solution was to buy Tipard. If you'll be doing a lot of conversions, this software may be worth the price for you. It was for me. Far better quality of conversion, more options, etc. Check out their website.
    I've used freemake a couple of times really because of advocacy on here, and have to say I've found the files I've converted have had occasional jumps in them, I think I'll stick to avidemux.
    03-24-13 08:27 AM
    I use Freemake and have had this problem too. When you convert there is something that says make one fast pass or two passes. Change it to two passes and it should make it better. Not perfect but better.
    03-24-13 10:34 AM
    I use Freemake and have had this problem too. When you convert there is something that says make one fast pass or two passes. Change it to two passes and it should make it better. Not perfect but better.
    I always use 2-pass - and I've encountered this with freemake.
    03-24-13 12:20 PM
    Thanks guys - thought I was doing something wrong. I think I tried the 2 pass but will try again to be sure.

Posted via CB10
    03-24-13 01:49 PM