I downloaded 250 photos to my Playbook & ended up with a set of duplicates in an "All Pictures" folder. So I have three folders:- "My Photos", "Wallpaper" & "All Pictures" comprising duplicates of the other 2 folders. I cannot find a way of deleting these duplicates without deleting the originals also. Any help would be appreciated.
    03-02-13 02:27 PM
    They are not duplicates. There is the ALL folder and it will show every photo you have in any of the ALBUMS. Albums are specialized Folders like Vacation 2012, Mom's Birthday, Thanksgiving, Xmas 2012, etc. You can create Albums by creating such folders within the photos folder. Actually, the pb will also find jpgs/pngs/etc in even other folders when it "indexes" stuff. So they are no dupes, they are just another way of viewing images.

NOW, with the above said, you may also discover if you haven't, that there will be additional "copies" in Misc/Android folders that mirror your other photos and albums. These, too, are NOT dupes but another way of referencing them - if you delete any of them, you will delete the REAL/ORIGINAL images in the photo folder. They are there so that certain Android apps can find and use them according to its schemes.
    03-02-13 04:03 PM
    Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I was worried "duplicates" were taking up memory space.
    03-05-13 01:51 PM
    Thanks for the comprehensive answer. I was worried "duplicates" were taking up memory space.
    The main issue/problem is that Windows' Explorer does not know how to distinguish these "dupes" so that if you were to back up manually using it, all of those "dupes/copies" will wind up copied back to your computer. So the main pictures folder and then the various Android folders "supposed dupes" would be copied if you just copied entire folders rather than picking and choosing your way through.
    03-05-13 04:05 PM