Hi,

I just noticed something strange when browsing my Playbook folders from my PC (over WiFi)

I have two root directories (media and certs) which is fine.

Under the 'media' directory I have a 'music' folder which has all my tunes in it (makes sense)

I also have a media/misc/android folder which I imagine has something to do with the few side-loaded apps I have installed

However, this is where it gets weird. Inside the android folder is another 'music' folder which seems to have another copy of all my tunes in it...?!

Is this an actual copy of the other (media/)'music' folder, or just some sort of short-cut/link to it? They certainly seem to mirror each other, as if I delete a file in one, it seems to also vanish from the other. Hopefully this means it is a short-cut rather than two complete copies of all of the files as this would be a massive waste of space!

If no-one knows, I'll do some more experimenting - I suppose I could add up the size of all the files, and see if that computes with the amount of free space I have available, but that sounds like hard work...!

Thanks,

Chris.
    01-25-13 12:00 PM
    They're are not duplicates. They are sym links and normal. Don't delete them or you'll delete the original linked to files along with them.
    01-25-13 12:03 PM
    Hi Paco,

Thanks for the quick reply! Wow, are you standing by just to answer my newbie queries??!

Ok, confirms what I thought. Just wanted to make sure.

thanks again,

Chris.
    01-25-13 12:08 PM
    Pacoman03 .......... preventing/circumventing/correcting user errors, one post at a time.
    ChrisMay and wilbrich like this.
    01-25-13 01:58 PM