So i dropped my 9530 today, which fell flat on the battery case so nothing appeared to break but now the screen stays black when turned on :s

I had an extra brand new Storm lying around just in case, so i switched the sim and charged it up . . . . App world asks me to confirm bbid but comes up error, so i cant download the bridge app

i cant say that i took the bridge function for granted, but damn does it suck not to have it worse than losing my contacts is not being able to bridge

any ideas what i could do to get the bridge app on my phone?
    01-31-12 05:58 PM
    It is not necessary to use appWorld, you can download BBBridge from here

BlackBerry Bridge Download | CrackBerry.com
    DMonastra likes this.
    01-31-12 06:11 PM
    life saver!

couldnt imagine my pb without bridge!!!!!

thanks
    01-31-12 06:24 PM
    Do a battery pull on the phone and try again.
    01-31-12 06:24 PM
    Mandony's link is a good one, for lots of other good stuff, check out rroyy.com. Use your phones browser though.

RROYY - APPLICATIONS
    01-31-12 06:47 PM
    Do a battery pull on the phone and try again.
    I had done like 5 battery pulls w/ no luck.

I may have spoken too soon, the download got to about 80% and then came up download failed :S, twice.

(I had none of these problems with the other 9530)
    Last edited by DMonastra; 01-31-12 at 06:58 PM.
    01-31-12 06:48 PM
    nope, download failed for the 5th time now
    01-31-12 07:14 PM
    You might have damaged the internal hardware with the dropping of the smartphone. Is the smartphone under warranty?
    01-31-12 08:47 PM
    You might have damaged the internal hardware with the dropping of the smartphone. Is the smartphone under warranty?
    The phone I dropped almost certaintly has internal hardware damage. Now Im trying to connect with a different one.
    02-01-12 02:57 AM
    The phone I dropped almost certaintly has internal hardware damage. Now Im trying to connect with a different one.
    Well, first, I'll plug it to my PC USB + desktop manager and see what appends.
    If it's laying for month, you'll probably get some OS update, you could even do a debrick if it is really in a sad condition.
    Once this done, try again, the regular way.

I'll also give the appworld website a try (requires that your phone has been previously recorded as one of your BB ID associated device) ... plug your phone with USB to your computer, browse BlackBerry App World - Free BlackBerry Apps - Official Store, login, select your device, search for bridge, download ... should do the trick.

Hope it helps.
    02-01-12 04:07 AM
    turns out it was a problem w the phones config. had to change the mobile directory number, imsi_s, country code, etc and once i did that it rebooted and everything is now working fine. now id just have to recover contacts/ fotos
    02-01-12 06:58 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD