As the title suggest, I'm looking for a "dropbox" style of music sync between my 3 devices, PC, Playbook and BOLD, using wi-fi.

MUST HAVE:
    - Wi-fi sync to both devices from my home PC based on the contents of a folder (or playlist, etc.) on my PC.
    - Completely hands-off. Folders automatically stay synchronized in the background, as soon as the wi-fi connects.

NICE TO HAVE:
    - If i delete a song on any one of my devices, I want it to delete on the other 2 when I get home at the end of the day and get my wi-fi connection.

I hope this exists and I just haven't been able to find it. I scoured the 'net and the forums, but I could not come up with an answer as to whether this is possible. Most of my topic searches floods back with the wi-fi media sync through Desktop Manager, which is not what I'm looking for (I don't think....).

Thanks a bunch!

Ray
    01-09-12 01:01 PM
    How about just using Dropbox? Don't know about the phone, but your PC and Playbook (thanks to "Files and Folders" app) can save to and access a Dropbox folder you call, for example, "Music".

I just Googled and found Dropbox - BlackBerry - Simplify your life "Dropbox for Blackberry".

Don't know how seamless this method would feel, but it does look workable between your 3 devices. Worth trying anyway.
    01-09-12 01:30 PM
    How about just using Dropbox? Don't know about the phone, but your PC and Playbook (thanks to "Files and Folders" app) can save to and access a Dropbox folder you call, for example, "Music".

I just Googled and found Dropbox - BlackBerry - Simplify your life "Dropbox for Blackberry".

Don't know how seamless this method would feel, but it does look workable between your 3 devices. Worth trying anyway.
    There's also SugarSync. At least for PC and BB. Maybe someone else can verify if there's a Playbook version.
    01-09-12 02:03 PM
    You could use a combination of SugarSync and Dropbox

Dropbox is poorly integrated on the Blackberry and has very limited upload facility. How about using Dropbox on the playbook and PC and including the dropbox 2GB folder in the SugarSync 5G allowance which would then make the files available on the Blackberry phone if you put SugarSync on the phone.
    01-09-12 04:21 PM
    Thanks guys.. I appreciate the replies, but all of the above require my interaction to perform the sync. I want this to happen automatically as soon as the wifi connects.

Maybe it doesn't exist (and maybe there are technical limitations that would prevent it), but man alive this would be nice to have!

Ray
    01-10-12 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD